1. Uranus is the first planet discovered using a telescope.
2. This planet is often classified as “ice giants”.
3. Uranus has the coldest planetary atmosphere in the solar system.
4. On this planet, the wind speed reaches 900 km / h.
5. Initially, Uranus was to be called Neptune.
6. Uranium mass is 14.5 times greater than Earth’s mass.
7. Uranus is the coldest planet in the Solar System (the lowest recorded temperature is -224 ° C).
8. There are diamond rains on this planet.
9. The names of the moons are associated with characters from the works of William Shakespeare and Alexander Pope.
10. In astrology, the planet Uranus is associated with the sign of Aquarius.
11. The chemical element uranium was named after the planet Uranus discovered 8 years earlier.
12. The average orbital speed of Uranus is 6.8 km / s.
13. The oblast is 159 354 km long.
14. At the beginning, the planet was called “George Star” in honor of King George III.
15. Uranium has thin, weakly visible rings.
16. From 2007 to 2050 at the North Pole of Uranus is a continuous day.
17. The magnetic poles do not coincide with the axis of rotation. It is the only planet in the solar system, on which the north pole is directed towards the sun.
18. Uranus is the only planet in the solar system whose name comes from the Greek god, not Roman.
19. In Chinese, Japanese and Korean, the name of this planet means “king of heaven”.
20. Uranus is about 3 billion kilometers from the Sun.
21. The circle around the Sun lasts 84 years.
22. The rotation around its axis takes 17 hours and 14 minutes.
23. There are 400 times less light to Uranus than to Earth.
24. Uranus has 27 moons.
25. The diameter of Uranus is 50,720 km.
26. The main components of the atmosphere of Uranus are hydrogen and helium.
27. Uranium has no solid surface.