1. The lemon comes from the southeast of China. Interestingly, it does not grow there anymore.
2. This fruit is a cross between limy and citron.
3. Lemon grows on a tree, which is 5 to 10 m high.
4. Lemon is an edible, very sour berry.
5. Christopher Columbus brought the lemon to America.
6. Lemon can be grown at home in a pot.
7. Almost 90% of lemon is water.
8. The largest lemon was grown in Israel in 2003 by Aharon Shemoel. It weighed 5.26 kg.
9. When you want to get rid of the unpleasant smell of fish, sprinkle its meat with lemon.
10. People who fit the “Knight of the Order of Smile” must drink a cup of lemon juice.
11. The concentration of citric acid in the lemon is about 5%.
12. In 100 g of lemon there is 64% of the daily requirement for vitamin C.
13. Lemon juice is perfectly suitable for cleaning.
14. The text written with lemon juice can be seen only after heating.
15. Annually over 16 million tons of lemons are produced in the world.
16. Lemon ant produces a formic acid that tastes like lemon.
17. Lemon juice found on the skin, under the influence of the sun can lead to serious burns. Discoloration can disfigure the body even for many years.
18. On the European continent, lemon first appeared in the south of Italy, in the times of ancient Rome (2nd century BC).
19. Lemon was a salvation for people suffering from scurvy.
20. A variety called “Eureka” is called “four seasons” because it can bear fruit throughout the year.