1. The scientific name is Beta.
2. A plant from the family Helenium. There are several species. Cultivated since about 2000 BC in the Mediterranean region.
3. It is an excellent source of folate, vitamins A and K and magnesium, copper and potassium.
4. It is an effective remedy for hangover thanks to betacyanin (pigment), which is an antioxidant. Betacetin accelerates liver detox, which transforms alcohol into a less harmful substance and expels it more quickly.
5. Used to treat depression by the ingredient – betaine, which relaxes the mind. It also contains tryotphan, also a chocolate component, which contributes to a better mood.
6. Beet beetle has the most sugar from other vegetables.
7. The heaviest beet in the world weighed 22.4 kg. Bred by Somerset
8. Beet juice contains nitrates that improve the body’s blood intertwine.
9. Beet beetle was used not as a food product, but a drug for various pains.
10. Beets are used to produce sugar.
11. In 1801 Franz Karl Achard started production of sugar from beets in Silesia.