1. The scientific name is Teuthida.
2. About 300 species of squid are known.
3. Squid is an animal not belonging to the cluster of cephalopods.
4. Squid are among the seafood.
5. This animal was described by Adolf Naef in 1916.
6. The squid has 8 arms and two longer tentacles.
7. They have chitin hooks on their shoulders.
8. Some squid can jump out of the water.
9. Squid is one of the smartest cephalopods.
10. Squid have 3 hearts.
11. The largest cephalopod that was documented was a squid 10 meters long and weighing 495 kg.
12. Squid is a good source of zinc, manganese, copper, selenium, vitamins B12 and B2.