Why is diarrhea especially dangerous for children?
Diarrhea is dangerous for children because they drain faster by draining water from the body with the stool. The life of a child is particularly at risk when blood appears in the stool or when there are several pauses in a short space of time.
What to use for diarrhea in children?
Children with diarrhea should be given a lot of drinking water and food (an easily digestible diet). It is best to serve clogging products, such as rice, boiled carrots or boiled apple. You can help with dehydration salts (ORS) in Poland orsalit or gastrolith.
How to protect yourself against diarrhea (stomach flu).
To reduce the risk of gastric flu you should wash your hands often.
When to go to the doctor consult diarrhea symptoms?
When: you have fever above 38.5, acute abdominal pain, blood in your stool, take new medicines or an antibiotic, you vomit, you have more than 6 loose stools a day, you feel dizzy or you do not urinate.
Diarrhea interesting facts
1. Diarrhea usually lasts 1-2 days.
2. Diarrhea can be triggered by poisoning, stress, improper diet, viruses or bacteria.
3. This is a state where the stool is given more often than usually.
4. With acute diarrhea you can lose up to 20l of fluids a day.
5. Diarrhea may cause food intolerance, i.e. lactose intolerance or gluten intolerance.
6. It is the second most common cause of death in young children after pneumonia.
[contact-form-7 id="2444" title="add"]