1. For the first 6 weeks of life, the newborn breathes only through the nose.
2. Removing hair from the nose can lead to infection of the body, meningitis.
3. Men usually have bigger noses than women.
4. Thanks to habituation, we quickly get accustomed to various stimuli. This is manifested in the fact that, for example, prank with perfumes, after a few seconds, we stop feeling them.
5. Mohammed Khurshid Hussain from India set the world record in writing on the keyboard with the following sentence: “World Guinness World Records have set the challenge for me to write this sentence with my nose in the shortest possible time.” It took him 53.44 seconds.
6. To be able to write on the keyboard with your nose you need to have one eye closed.
7. Mehmet Ozyurek from Turkey (8.8 cm) has the longest nose.
8. The fish have a weak sense of smell.
9. The fish nose does not have the olfactory function alone. It is not connected to the oral cavity.
10. The nose is susceptible to frostbite.
11. Many people do not know why they have a habit of picking their nose.
12. There is the possibility of surgically reducing the nose, but it is an expensive procedure.
13. In New Zealand, touching noses is a traditional greeting from the time of the Maori people.
14. The nose with a high bridge in many cultures of Asian countries was considered the ideal of beauty.
15. The olfactory organ is able to recognize thousands of different substances. About 75% decide about the perceived taste.