Facts automatically translated into English from the poznajnieznane.pl
page. I'm sorry for all the mistakes.
11. In Vanuatu, haggling is a sign of disrespect to the seller.
12. According to the local custom, before entering the territory of one of the tribes you must ask the chief permission, which may involve a symbolic fee.
13. The extreme bungee sport was born on Vanuatu. He was known to the natives for hundreds of years as a religious rite.
14. The traditional drink of Vanuatu is kava, it is made from the roots of the metistinic pepper.
15. The national dish of Vanuatu is “lap-lap”. Porridge with vegetables is boiled in coconut milk. It can be spicy or sweet.
16. The minimum wage is 30,000 vatu per month (data from 2012).
17. The unemployment rate is 4.6% (data from 2009).
18. At Vanuatu, an average adult consumes about 1.4 liters of pure alcohol a year.
19. The most beer is beer – 40%, then spirit – 37%, and wine – 23%.
20. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
21. The average IQ level is 84.
22. In this country there are 14.8% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 41 070 people).
23. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 50 to 60 km / h.
24. Outside the built-up area, the permitted speed ranges from 60 to 80 km / h.
25. In 2013, 12 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
26. 22% of fatal accidents caused people who were under the influence of alcohol.
27. The country has over 14,000 motor vehicles registered (50 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
28. 38.8% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
29. There is no woman in the government of Vanuatu.
30. In this country there are over 1,070 km of paved roads (0.002% of all roads in the world).
31. In this country there are 31 airports, 3 of the paved surface.
32. In this country over
51 180 (2015) 82 764 (2018) people have access to the internet ( about 30% of the population).
27,000 (2015) 34,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
34. The national top-level domain is .vu . There are over 1,520 websites with such an extension.
35. The most popular pages with the extension .vu are: de.vu, re.vu and ch.vu.
36. The country has more than $184,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.0015% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
37. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $867 000 000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $860,000,000 .
38. The internal debt at the beginning of 2015 was 41% GDP, or around: $1,025,000,000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $13,321 .
39. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2013 year was around: $369,200,000 .
40. 27% of adults living in this country are overweight.
41. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 4 cigarettes a month.
42. The lowest temperature: 8.5 °C was measured in Port Vila.
43. The highest temperature: 36.2 °C was measured at Lamap Malekula.
44. The average life expectancy in this country is 70 years (women – 72.1 years and men – 68.2 years).
45. In this country, women can get married at the age of 16, and men aged 18.
46. 10 women give birth to 33 children on average
47. The average age people living in this country is 21.4 years old.
48. The country is around:
– 102 000 people (36.71%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 165,000 people (59.52%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 10,500 people (3.77%) over 65 years old.
49. In this country, about 6,900 children are born each year (2.5% of the population), and about 1,100 people die (0.4% of the population).
50. There are 1870 km2 of agricultural land in Vanuatu (15% of the country’s area).
51. Nokowoula is the highest located city in the country.
52. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1975.
53. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 39 days.
54. He joined the UN on September 15, 1981.
55. The work week is 40 hours.
56. 23% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
57. 4395 km2 of the country is covered by forests (36.1%)
58. The last death penalty was carried out in 1980.
59. In this country, the amount of income tax for companies is 0% (2018).
60. The tax on goods and services is 15% (2018).
61. The level of inflation in 2018 is 3.2%.