11. In Russia, you can drink beer on a park bench without fear of a ticket.
12. There is a lot of police, most do nothing.
13. Russians often avoid talking about work.
14. One of the few alcohol-free zones is McDonald.
15. Sushi is more popular in Russia than in Japan.
16. Anyone who speaks a language other than Russian is automatically suspected of spying.
17. Nevyansk, a tower located in the Sverdlovsk region, was equipped with a lightning rod for a quarter of a century before it was designed by Benjamin Franklin.
18. The first artificial heart was created in Russia. The device was designed and tested on animals in 1936 by Vladimir Demikhov.
19. Moscow has the best metro system in the world.
20. It is the largest country in the world. It covers up to 13 seas.
21. All Russians, and these young and old, abuse electronic emoticons.
22. Yuri Gagarin was the first man to reach the orbit of the globe.
23. Russians rarely use the words “please” and “thank you”.
24. Mikhail Gorbachev was the first and at the same time the only President of the USSR.
25. Russia is multiethnic and multicultural. There are over 100 different nationalities.
26. In Russia there are the most forests in the world. This country is called the “lungs of Europe”. More carbon dioxide absorbs only the Amazon forest.
27. Over 25% of all forests in the world grow in Siberia.
28. In Moscow there is the largest McDonald’s, which can accommodate over 700 people.
29. In the city of St. Petersburg there are as many as 220 museums, 80 theaters, over 2000 libraries and 62 cinemas.
30. There are over 600 universities in this country.
31. Lake Baikal is the largest reservoir of fresh water on Earth.
32. There is no word “or” in Russian. This is all the more good because in other languages this phrase leads to many misunderstandings.
33. 2,235 meters has the total length of the Kremlin walls.
34. The Kremlin has the largest bell in the world. It is 6.14m high and weighs 223 tons.
35. The Moscow Kremlin is the world’s largest medieval fortress built in the 14th and 15th centuries.
36. At the nearest point, Russia separates a section of 4 km from America.
37. Lake Ladoga is the largest in Europe.
38. Moscow is the largest city in Europe. More than 12 million people live in it.
39. Ostanikino Tower is the highest TV tower in Europe
40. There are 74 billionaires in Moscow. 3 times more than in New York.
41. The Russian State Library is the largest library in Europe and the second in the world.
42. Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, as the first man in the world flew into space.
43. The Volga is the longest river in Europe (3,700 km).
44. The most famous computer game – tetris was created in 1985 by Russian Alexei Pazhitnov.
45. In the city of Oimyakon in 1933, the temperature was minus 67.7 degrees C.
46. Russia is the second largest oil exporter in the world.
47. Hermitage is one of the world’s largest museums. There are over three million works of art from the Stone Age to modern times.
48. In Russia there are more than 10 million more women than men.
49. The vodka was invented in Russia in 1448/74
50. Russia has 27 Nobel prize winners.
51. In this country is the largest active volcano in the world – Klyuchevskaya Sopka (4750 m high).
52. In this country there is the deepest lake in the world – Lake Baikal, 1620 m deep.
53. At the foot of the Altai Mountain there are the only frozen tombs on Earth.
54. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 2 place,
– 2018 year – 2 place.
55. There are over 1 013 620 professional soldiers and 2 572 500 reservists (2018).
56. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 15,000 tanks, 27000 armored vehicles, 3000 jet aircraft and 990 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 20300 tanks, 27400 armored vehicles, 3910 jet aircraft and 1451 helicopters.
57. Expenses for the army:
– 2014 year – $75,000,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $47,000,000,000 .
58. Maritime fleet …
– in 2014 , the year was around 83 ships, in 2018 the year is about 81 ships.
59. Russia has 8,500 nuclear warheads, of which 1,500 are ready for use.
60. In Moscow there is the Russian Vodka Museum. The ticket price (200 rubles) includes tasting.
61. Moscow is often called a city of bridges. There are as many as 490 in the entire metropolis!
62. The three most popular names in Russia are: Ivanov, Kuznetsov, Smirnov.
63. The Russian lake of Karachay is the most toxic place in the world. For years, liquid radioactive wastes from nearby chemical plants disappeared into it.
64. On the Kola Peninsula, in the years 1970-1989, the deepest in the world was drilled to a depth of 12 262 m.
65. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.3 per mille.
66. In Russia, according to the law, you can not smoke even in residential buildings and on beaches.
67. Alcohol is sold literally everywhere, eg in kiosks, taxis. However, it is better to buy because you can poison.
68. Until today, Russia has not signed a peace treaty with Japan ending the Second World War.
69. The Russians are drinking more than half of the world’s vodka production.
70. The United States in 1867 paid only $7.2 million to Russia for Alaska.
71. Poland was the only country that managed to get Moscow. They occupied the Kremlin for two years from 1610.
72. In the vicinity of Kamchatka in May 2013, an earthquake of 609 km below the earth’s surface with an intensity of 8.3 on the Richter scale was recorded.
73. On the Lachian island located in Siberia, a perfectly preserved fragment of a frozen mammoth was discovered.
74. Russians and Poles are the only of the best karate competitors in the world.
75. The minimum wage is 5,965 rubles per month (data from 2015).
76. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 42 640 руб.
77. The amount of income tax in Russia is 20%.
78. Retired women can go at the age of 55, and men at the age of 60.
79. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 4.7% .
80. 88 Russians have accumulated assets greater than a billion US dollars.
81. The richest of them is Vladimir Potanin with assets worth over $15.4 billion.
82. In Russia, an average person consumes about 15.1 liters of pure alcohol per year.
83. The national alcohol is vodka.
84. The most drinks are spirits – 51%, then beer – 38%, and wine – 11%.
85. In this country, compulsory education lasts 10 years.
86. The beginning of education begins at the age of 7.
87. The average IQ level is 97.
88. In this country there are 0.3% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 439 446 people).
89. In Russia, according to statistics, an average of one person reads 61 minutes a day.
90. National animals are a bear and a mythical two-headed golden eagle.
91. The national tree is birch.
92. During the First World War, Russia mobilized over 12 million people to fight.
93. Built-up speed allowed 60 km / h.
94. Outside the built-up area, the speed limit on the regular road is 90 km / h, and on the 110 km / h expressway.
95. In 2013, 27 025 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
96. 8.6% of fatal accidents caused people under the influence of alcohol.
97. In this country, more than 50,616,000 motor vehicles are registered (346 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
98. 0.5% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
99. In 2010, over 56 thousand people died because of the heat in Russia.
100. In this country there are over 1 396 000 km of paved roads, including over 929 km of expressways (2.17% of all roads in the world).
101. In this country there are 1 218 airports, 594 of the paved surface.
102. The largest airport in Russia is in Moscow. Annually over 33 million people use it.
103. In this country there are over 87 157 km of railway tracks.
104. In Moscow there is a metro line with a length of 329 km (198 stations). It was opened in 1935. Approximately 2.4 billion people use it annually.
105. In seven Russian cities there are metro lines (Kazan, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Novosibirsk, St. Petersburg, Skrzydlak and Yakaterinburg).
106. In this country, over
103 147 000 (2015) 109 552 842 (2018) people have access to internet (about 75% of the population).
11,000,000 (2015) 13,100,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
108. The average speed of fixed internet is 10.2 Mb / s, and the maximum is 57.9 Mb / s (data from the end of 2015).
109. The national top-level domain is .ru . There are over 4,342,770 websites with such an extension.
110. The most popular pages with the extension .ru are: yandex.ru, mail.ru and google.ru.
111. The country has 2018 over $458,032,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (3.15% of foreign exchange reserves all countries in the world).
112. Amount of gold reserves in …
– 2015 year was 1370600 kg ,
– 2018 year is 1910000 kg
113. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $2,098 850,000,000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $1 578 000 000 000 .
114. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 of the year was 17.9% GDP, or around: $375 694 150 000 ,
– 2018 year was 12.6% GDP, or around: $198 828 000 000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give about $1 357.
115. Foreign debt at the beginning …
– 2015 the year was around: $599 819 000 000 ,
– 2018 of the year is around: $486 000 000 000 .
116. There are 52 million households in Russia.
117. In 1/3 of the houses there is no running water
118. The average Russian taxpayer paid 400 zlotys for the Sochi Olympics.
119. 27% of adults living in this country are overweight.
120. In this country the average adult person smokes 232 cigarettes a month.
121. The highest-rise building in Russia is the Federation Tower in Moscow, which is 374 meters high (95 stories high). It was built in 2015.
122. A building with a planned height of 462 meters (86 floors) is being built in St. Petersburg. Completed to be in 2018. It will become the tallest building in Europe.
123. In Moscow there are the world’s largest buildings with a height exceeding 35 meters (over 11,073).
124. In Moscow there are 33 “skyscrapers” (buildings with a height of over 150 meters).
125. The lowest temperature: -69.8 °C was measured in Verkhojansk.
126. The highest temperature: 45.4 °C was measured in Kalmykiai.
127. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
128. The average life expectancy in this country is 67.7 years (women – 74 years and men – 61.6 years).
129. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 18.
130. In this country, women having their first child on average 24.6 years old.
131. 10 women give birth to 16 children on average
132. The average age of people living in this country is 39.1 years.
133. The country is around:
– 24 439 000 persons (16.68%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 102 124 000 people (69.7%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 19,956,000 people (13.62%) over 65 years old.
134. In this country, about 1 700 000 children are born each year (1.2% of the population), and about 2,010,000 people die (1.4% of the population).
135. The lowest situated place in the country is the Caspian Sea – 28 m.p.p.
136. In Russia there is no change of winter time to summer.
137. In 2015, 9% of fatal accidents were caused by people driving under the influence of alcohol.
138. Mur, wall means in Russian: “Meow, meow”.
139. Caryca Katarzyna II Wielka, at the end of 1755 she had an affair with the last Polish king – August Poniatowski.
140. The percentage share in the global economy of Russia in 2015 is 2.49% (for comparison, Poland’s share is 0.74%, and the United States – 23.32%).
141. There are 10 time zones in Russia
142. In this country, a person who is 14 years old is subject to criminal liability.
143. There are 21.5 million km2 of agricultural land in Russia (13% of the country).
144. 89 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
145. Kurush is the highest situated town in the country.
146. In this country, women have the right to vote from 1917.
147. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 28 days.
148. The country joined the UN on October 24, 1945.
149. The work week is 40 hours.
150. 73% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
151. 8090000 km2 of the country is covered by forests (49.4%)
152. The last death penalty was completed in 1996.
153. In Russia, you can not publicly display tattoos on your face.
154. In this country, the amount of income tax for individuals is 13%, and for companies 20% (2018).
155. The tax on goods and services is 18% (2018).
156. The level of inflation in 2018 is 2.5%.
157. In Russia, people do not use GPS only with GLONASS
158. In 1992, the Russians sent a 20-meter mirror to the orbit that illuminated the selected area with a diameter of 5 km at night.