11. The root of the Arak tree is used to clean the teeth.
12. According to the researchers, Eve’s biblical grave is located in the city of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia.
13. Saudi Arabia is one of the driest countries in the world.
14. You can bargain anywhere, even in taxis or shopping centers.
15. Until September 2016, the calendar of Hijir was used in Saudi Arabia, according to which when it was 2016, it was 1436 in Poland.
16. They have air-conditioning everywhere, even in kitchens and bathrooms.
17. The week starts on Saturday and ends on Wednesday. On Thursday and Friday is officially weekend.
18. The people of this country hate dogs. It’s hard to see on the streets.
19. Saudi Arabia has the largest number of beautiful and luxurious cars in the world. They are owned not only by the richest but also ordinary families.
20. There is death to criticize their religion and beliefs.
21. Pork is completely banned.
22. The prices of electronic equipment are very low.
23. Only a doctor or a nurse will assist you in the event of an emergency. The rest of the people are just watching, waiting for the arrival of the police or ambulance.
24. No income tax.
25. Saudi Arabia is one of the richest countries in the world because of its large oil deposits.
26. Women in public places must cover their arms, hands and face. Some even cover their eyes. This provision also applies to foreigners.
27. Women while driving in a car should not sit parallel to the driver or the front seat, especially when it is not their husband.
28. In every workplace, breaks for prayer are made.
29. A man can not talk to a woman in a public place. The only exception is the conversation with the doctor at the hospital.
30. The guards in banks do not have weapons. There is no seizure.
31. It is normal when you see someone praying along the road.
32. Saudi women can not drive or travel abroad without the permission of a man.
33. Alcohol is forbidden.
34. Gasoline is cheaper than water.
35. There are no theaters or cinemas in this country.
36. There is 25% of the world’s oil reserves.
37. Unlike all other countries, Saudi Arabia has no constitution, the state is ruled by sharia (Islamic law).
38. The penalty for serious crime can be limb amputation, death by beheading, hanging or in rare cases stoning.
39. Osama Bin Laden came from Saudi Arabia.
40. Women can not ride together with men’s elevators.
41. 2080 strokes a man who had raped his daughter for seven years.
42. For the cultivation of prostheses, women were punished by up to 5,000 whips.
43. You can buy a gold bar in vending machines.
44. The country was the largest ally of the United States in the war against Saddam Hussein.
45. 15 of the 19 WTC bombers from September 11, 2001 came from Saudi Arabia.
46. The country has the largest farm in the world. There are 32,000 bovine animals bred in it. Due to the high temperature, cows are in air-conditioned cowsheds.
47. In restaurants and cafes, women have specially designated, covered places.
48. Stores are closed five times a day for the time of prayer.
49. In this country, car racing in the dunes is popular.
50. A popular way to get in touch with strangers is to attach your phone number to the car windows.
51. It is a country of young people. Only about 2% of residents are over 65 years old.
52. Despite 20% youth unemployment, chauffeur or waiter works are mainly carried out by foreigners. The government is trying to change it by explaining to young people that no work is disgraceful.
53. The family tradition is that mother chooses a wife for her son.
54. A widow can do nothing without the consent of his father, brother, or son.
55. If a murder occurs in an affair, the guilty person is condemned to death by cutting his head with a sword. On the square where executions are carried out crowds of onlookers gather, and the victim’s family is invited. They are asked if they forgive the murderer. If he is so acquitted.
56. Public mutilation of persons who break the law is popular. It is done in a brutal way that it would be a warning to others.
57. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 24 place,
– 2018 year – 25 place.
58. Number of soldiers:
– 2014 year – 230 000 professional and 25,000 reservists, < br> – 2018 year – 231,000 professional and 25,000 reservists.
59. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 1100 tanks, 7200 armored vehicles, 650 jet aircraft and 190 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 1140 tanks, 5470 armored vehicles, 842 jet aircraft and 254 helicopters.
60. Expenses for the army:
– 2014 year – $57,000,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $56 725 000 000 .
61. Maritime fleet …
– in 2014 , the year was around 35 ships, in 2018 of the year it’s about 83 ships.
62. Zero tolerance for drivers driving a car “by glass”. You must have 0.0 promil.
63. The calendar year has 354 days.
64. Saudi Saudi airlines are considered the safest in the world.
65. In this country there is no public transport. People use taxis.
66. Women can not smoke in public places.
67. On June 20, 2007, a lightning of 320 km was registered in Oklahoma.
68. The largest building in the world – Abraj Al Bait – was built in Mecca.
69. Abraj Al Bait is also the highest hotel in the world.
70. The largest clock on the highest altitude in the world is placed on Abraj Al Bait.
71. On the advertising photos of the IKEA store from 2013, the figures of women were removed.
72. In 2001, in Saudi Arabia, the sale of Pokemon was banned, arguing that it was inciting gambling and contained hidden masonic signs.
73. In this country, the “Muppet Show” was forbidden because there is a pig in the lead role.
74. The area of the largest mosque in Mecca is not much smaller than the Vatican.
75. In Jeddah there is the world’s largest gas station with over 200 fuel distributors.
76. The minimum wage is 3,000 rials per month (data from 2013).
77. There is no income tax in Saudi Arabia.
78. Men and women can retire at the age of 62.
79. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 6.1% .
80. 10 Saudis have accumulated assets greater than a billion US dollars.
81. The richest of them is Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsud with assets worth over $22.6 billion.
82. In Saudi Arabia, an average adult consumes about 0.2 liters of pure alcohol a year.
83. The most drinks are spirit – 98%, then wine – 1.8%, and other alcoholic beverages – 0.2%.
84. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
85. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
86. The average IQ level is 84.
87. In this country there are 5.3% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 1 670 635 people).
88. In Saudi Arabia, according to statistics, on average, one person reads 58 minutes a day.
89. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 40 to 80 km / h.
90. In addition to built-up areas, the permitted speed on the normal road varies from 100 to 120 km / h, and on highways from 120 to 125 km / h.
91. In 2013, 7,661 people lost their lives due to traffic accidents.
92. The country has over 6,599,000 motor vehicles registered (209 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
93. 3% of the population suffer from malnourishment (around 950,000 people).
94. On September 24, 2015 in Mina panic occurred during the pilgrimage. 2,268 people were killed.
95. In Saudi Arabia, adulthood is reached at the age of 15.
96. In this country there are over 221 372 km of paved roads, including over 3,891 km of expressways (0.34% of all roads in the world).
97. In this country there are 214 airports, 82 of the paved surface.
98. In this country there are over 1,378 km of railway tracks.
99. In Mekkka there is a 18.1 km metro line (9 stations). It was opened in 2010. Approximately 4 million people use it annually.
100. In this country over
18 300 000 (2015) 30 257 715 (2018) people have access to internet (around 94% of the population).
12,000,000 (2015) 18 000 000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
102. The national top-level domain is .sa . There are over 39,900 websites with such an extension.
103. The most popular pages with the extension .sa are: google.com.sa, almubasher.com.sa and haraj.com.sa.
104. This country has 2018 over year $506,289,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (5,43% of foreign exchange reserves all countries in the world).
105. Saudi Arabia has 322900 kg of gold reserves (2018).
106. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $802,555,000,000 ,
– 2018 is $684,000,000,000 .
107. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 of the year was 1.6% GDP, or around: $12,833,600,000 ,
– 2018 year was 17.2% GDP, or around: $117 648 000 000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $3,732.
108. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2015 of the year was around: $166 100,000,000 .
109. 33% of adults living in this country are overweight.
110. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 67 cigarettes a month.
111. The highest building in Saudi Arabia is the Al-Bait Abraj Clock Tower in Mecca, 601 meters high (120 stories high). It was built in 2012.
112. A building with a planned height of 1,008 meters (167 floors) is being built in Jeddah. Completed to be in 2019.
113. There are currently 7 “skyscrapers” in Mecca (buildings with a height of over 150 meters).
114. The lowest temperature: -12,2 °C was measured in Turaif.
115. The highest temperature: 52 °C was measured in Jeddah.
116. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
117. The average life expectancy in this country is 73.1 years (women – 74.4 years and men – 72.2 years).
118. In this country there is no age limit for people who are getting married.
119. 10 women give birth to 21 children on average.
120. The average age people living in this country is 26.8 years old.
121. The country is around:
– 8,730,000 people (27.07%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 22 474 000 people (69.69%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 1 044 800 people (3.24%) over 65 years old.
122. In this country, about 597 000 children are born each year (1.9% of the population), and about 107,000 people die (0.3% of the population).
123. In this country, 85% of Muslims are Sunni and 15% are Shia.
124. Older people are overweight. It is estimated that this problem affects up to 70% of people over 40 years of age.
125. In this country you can buy a medicinal drink made of urine and camel milk.
126. Saudi scientists believe that camel’s urine is a cure for cancer.
127. In itself, the taste of camel urine is disgusting, but when mixed with milk is even worse.
128. The World Health Organization advises against drinking camel urine. There is a risk of becoming infected with the Middle Eastern respiratory distress syndrome – MERS. There is no vaccine, and mortality is as high as 38% of infected people.
129. In Saudi Arabia, there is only one cinema in the city of Al-Chubar, where only selected documentary films are shown.
130. In Saudi Arabia there is a ban on driving cars by women. As part of the protest, Queen Elizabeth II, during her visit to this country in 1988, took the wheel of a car in which the King of Saudi Arabia, Abdullah, was also located. It was the first and last time the king rode in a car driven by a woman.
131. At the end of September 2016, it changed the Muslim calendar to the Gregorian calendar. This was to facilitate transactions for people buying oil.
132. The citizens of Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Kuwait can enter Saudi Arabia without a visa.
133. In Saudi Arabia, the right to the throne in the first place has a younger lack of a king, and not, as it often happens, the eldest son.
134. In Saudi Arabia, an average of 1 person per hour is killed in road accidents.
135. In Saudi Arabia, there is no sand to build new buildings, so they are forced to import sand from other countries, including Australia.
136. Prince Abdel Mohsen Bin Walid Bin Abdulaziz was detained in Beirut while trying to smuggle a record amount of drugs. Together with four other people, he tried to inject about two tons of Captagon tablets, a methamphetamine used by ISIS fighters.
137. In Saudi Arabia there is a black metal band “Al-Namrood” (“Unfaithful”). The identity of its members is unknown. In this country, the death penalty is punished for performing this type of music.
138. The logo of the world’s largest chain of “Starbucks” cafes presents a woman from the waist up in the crown. In Saudi Arabia, this is the crown itself.
139. In this country, there are no shortage of executioners who execute the death penalty.
140. Saudi Arabia imports among others from Australia, camels, because they eat more than they can grow.
141. 95% of Saudi Arabia is covered by the desert. Only 1.5% of the land is suitable for cultivation.
142. There is no solid river in this country.
143. Outside the Vatican, it is the only country in the world where women still do not have the right to vote.
144. The Bible confiscated on the border of this country is destroyed in front of the owner, and he is punished with flogging or a large fine.
145. Muslims can not even travel on the roads leading to Mecca and Medina.
146. In Saudi Arabia, the most aggressive branch of Islam – Sunni Wahhabism – exercises power.
147. In Jeddah there is the largest gas station in the world. There are over 200 fuel distributors on it.
148. The percentage share in the global economy of Saudi Arabia in 2015 is 1.01% (for comparison, Poland’s share is 0.74%, and the United States – 23.32%).
149. Saudi Arabia has 1730000 km2 of agricultural land (80% of the country).
150. 350 people in 1000 possess firearms.
151. Abha is the highest located town in the country.
152. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 39 days.
153. The country joined the UN on October 24, 1945.
154. The work week is 48 hours.
155. 88% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
156. 27280 km2 of the country is covered by forests (1.3%)
157. In 2016, the death penalty was imposed on over 150 people.
158. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 0%, and for companies 20% (2018).
159. The tax on goods and services is 5% (2018).
160. The level of inflation in 2018 is 2.1%.