Capital : Riyadh
Language : Arabic
Currency : Saudi riyal
Population : 32 248 000
Area : 2 149 690 km2
1. The calendar year has 354 days.
2. There is no public transport in this country. People use taxis.
3. Removed female figures in the 2013 IKEA store advertising photos.
4. Over 6,599,000 motor vehicles (209 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants) are registered in this country.
5. There are currently 7 “skyscrapers” in Mecca (buildings over 150 meters high).
6. In 2001, Saudi Arabia was banned from selling the “Pokemon” game, arguing that it urged gambling and contained hidden masonic characters.
7. In this country the “Muppet Show” has been banned because the pig plays the main role.
8. The national top-level domain is .sa . There are over 39,900 websites with this extension.
9. The most popular pages with the .sa extension are google.com.sa, almubasher.com.sa and haraj.com.sa.
10. In this country you can buy medicinal drink made from urine and camel milk.
11. Saudi scientists believe camel urine is a cure for cancer.
12. In itself, the taste of camel urine is disgusting, but when mixed with milk it is even worse.
13. The World Health Organization advises against drinking camel urine. There is a risk of contracting Middle Eastern respiratory distress syndrome – MERS. There is no vaccine and the mortality rate is as much as 38% of people infected.
14. In Saudi Arabia, there is only one cinema in the city of Al Khubar, in which only selected documentary films are screened.
15. Citizens of Oman, United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Kuwait can enter Saudi Arabia without a visa.
16. In Saudi Arabia, on average, 1 person per hour is killed in traffic accidents.
17. In Saudi Arabia, there is a shortage of sand to build new buildings, which is why they are forced to import sand from other countries, including Australia.
18. Prince Abdel Mohsen Bin Walid Bin Abdulaziz was detained in Beirut while attempting to smuggle a record amount of drugs. Together with four other people, he tried to smuggle about 2 tons of Captagon, a methamphetamine used by ISIS fighters.
19. The logo of the world’s largest network of cafes “Starbucks” depicts a woman from the waist up in the crown. In Saudi Arabia, the crown itself is on the logo.
20. Saudi Arabia imports, among others from Australia camels because they are eaten more than they can be bred.
21. The area of the largest mosque in Mecca is slightly smaller than the Vatican.
22. In this country there are over 221 372 km of paved roads, including more than 3,891 km of expressways (0.34% of all roads in the world).
23. The country has 214 airports, 82 of the paved surface.
24. In this country there are more than 1 378 km of railway tracks.
25. In Mecca there is a metro line 18.1 km long (9 stations). It was opened in 2010. About 4 million people use it annually.
26. The prices of electronic equipment are very low.
27. During an accident, only a doctor or a nurse will help. The rest of the people around are just watching while the police or ambulance arrive.
28. Bank guards have no weapons. There are no seizures.
29. It is normal when you see someone praying along the road.
30. Gasoline is cheaper than water.
31. There are no theaters or cinemas in this country.
32. There is 25% of the world’s oil reserves.
33. You can buy a gold bar in the vending machines.
34. The country was the United States’ largest ally in the war against Saddam Hussein.
35. 15 of the 19 WTC bombers of September 11, 2001 were from Saudi Arabia.
36. Full name of the country – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
37. Arak tree root is used to clean teeth.
38. They have air conditioning everywhere, even in kitchens and bathrooms.
39. The people of this country hate dogs. It’s hard to see one on the streets.
Geography in Saudi Arabia
1. The nearest capital in a straight line from Riyadh is Manama (Bahrain) – 426 km.
2. The furthest capital city in a straight line from Riyadh is Apia (Samoa) – 15816 km.
3. 95% of Saudi Arabia is covered by the desert. Only 1.5% of the land is suitable for cultivation.
4. Saudi Arabia borders with such countries as: Iraq 814 km, Jordan 744 km, Kuwait 222 km, Oman 676 km, Qatar 60 km, United Arab Emirates 457 km, Yemen 1,458 km.
5. The highest peak of Jabal al-Sauda 3133 m above sea level
6. The longest river, Wadi ar-Rima, 900 km.
7. Saudi Arabia is almost 7 times the size of Poland.
8. Saudi Arabia has 1730000 km2 of agricultural land (80% of the country).
9. Abha is the highest located town in the country.
10. 27280 km2 of the country is covered by forests (1.3%)
11. There is no solid river in this country.
Finance in Saudi Arabia
1. The minimum wage is 3,000 rials per month (data from 2013).
2. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 0%, and for companies 20% (2018).
3. The tax on goods and services is 5% (2018).
4. The level of inflation in 2018 is 2.1%.
5. Gross domestic product (GDP) …
– in 2015 it is $ 805 225 000 000 (PLN 3 446 363 000 000 ),
– in 2018 it is $ 684,000,000,000 (PLN 2,927,500,000,000).
6. Internal debt at the beginning of …
– 2015 was 1.6% of GDP, which is about: $ 12,883,600,000 ,
– 2018 year was 17.2% of GDP, which is approximately: $ 117 648 000 000 . To pay it back, each citizen would have to give around $ 3,732.
7. At the beginning of 2015 , foreign debt was around: $ 166 100,000,000 .
8. Saudi Arabia is one of the richest countries in the world because of its large oil deposits.
9. The percentage share in the global economy of Saudi Arabia in 2015 is 1.01% (for comparison, Poland’s share is 0.74%, and the United States – 23.32%).
10. This country has 2018 over year $506,289,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (5,43% of foreign exchange reserves all countries in the world).
11. Saudi Arabia has 322900 kg of gold reserves (2018).
Law in Saudi Arabia
1. Zero tolerance for drivers driving a car “by glass”. You must have 0.0 promil.
2. Women can not smoke in public places.
3. From 29 June 2013, the weekend was moved to Friday and Saturday.
4. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 40 to 80 km / h.
5. In addition to built-up areas, the permitted speed on the normal road varies from 100 to 120 km / h, and on highways from 120 to 125 km / h.
6. There is no income tax in Saudi Arabia.
7. Men and women can retire at the age of 62.
8. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 0%, and for companies 20% (2018).
9. The tax on goods and services is 5% (2018).
10. In Saudi Arabia, the right to the throne in the first place has a younger lack of a king, and not, as it often happens, the eldest son.
11. In Saudi Arabia there is a black metal band “Al-Namrood” (“Unfaithful”). The identity of its members is unknown. In this country, the death penalty is punished for performing this type of music.
12. In this country, there are no shortage of executioners who execute the death penalty.
13. In Saudi Arabia, adulthood is reached at the age of 15.
14. There is death to criticize their religion and beliefs.
15. Pork is completely banned.
16. Women in public places must cover their arms, hands and face. Some even cover their eyes. This provision also applies to foreigners.
17. Women while driving in a car should not sit parallel to the driver or the front seat, especially when it is not their husband.
18. In every workplace, breaks for prayer are made.
19. A man can not talk to a woman in a public place. The only exception is the conversation with the doctor at the hospital.
20. Saudi women can not drive or travel abroad without the permission of a man.
21. Alcohol is forbidden.
22. Unlike all other countries, Saudi Arabia has no constitution, the state is ruled by sharia (Islamic law).
23. The penalty for serious crime can be limb amputation, death by beheading, hanging or in rare cases stoning.
24. Women can not ride together with men’s elevators.
25. 2080 strokes a man who had raped his daughter for seven years.
26. For the cultivation of prostheses, women were punished by up to 5,000 whips.
27. In this country there is no age limit for people who are getting married.
28. A widow can do nothing without the consent of his father, brother, or son.
29. If an affective murder occurs, the guilty person is sentenced to death by beheading the sword. Crowds of onlookers gather at the square where executions are made, and the victim’s family is invited. They are asked if they forgive the murderers. If so, he is acquitted.
30. Public mutilation of persons who break the law is popular. It is done in a brutal way that it would be a warning to others.
31. In restaurants and cafes, women have specially designated, covered places.
32. Stores are closed five times a day for the time of prayer.
33. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 39 days.
34. In 2016, the death penalty was imposed on over 150 people.
35. Outside the Vatican, it is the only country in the world where women still do not have the right to vote.
36. The Bible confiscated on the border of this country is destroyed in front of the owner, and he is punished with flogging or a large fine.
37. Muslims can not even travel on the roads leading to Mecca and Medina.
38. In Saudi Arabia, the most aggressive branch of Islam – Sunni Wahhabism – exercises power.
Education in Saudi Arabia
1. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
2. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
3. The average IQ level is 84.
4. In this country there are 5.3% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 1 670 635 people).
Work in Saudi Arabia
1. The minimum wage is 3,000 rials per month (data from 2013).
2. There is no income tax in Saudi Arabia.
3. Men and women can retire at the age of 62.
4. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 6.1% .
5. Despite 20% youth unemployment, chauffeur or waiter works are mainly carried out by foreigners. The government is trying to change it by explaining to young people that no work is disgraceful.
6. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 0%, and for companies 20% (2018).
7. No income tax.
8. In every workplace, breaks for prayer are made.
9. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 39 days.
10. The work week is 48 hours.
11. The week starts on Saturday and ends on Wednesday. On Thursday and Friday is officially weekend.
Best in Saudi Arabia
1. Saudi Saudi airlines are considered the safest in the world.
2. The largest building in the world – Abraj Al Bait – was built in Mecca.
3. Abraj Al Bait is also the highest hotel in the world.
4. The largest clock on the highest altitude in the world is placed on Abraj Al Bait.
5. The highest building in Saudi Arabia is the Al-Bait Abraj Clock Tower in Mecca, 601 meters high (120 stories high). It was built in 2012.
6. A building with a planned height of 1,008 meters (167 floors) is being built in Jeddah. Completed to be in 2019.
7. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
8. Saudi Arabia is one of the richest countries in the world because of its large oil deposits.
9. In Jeddah there is the world’s largest gas station with over 200 fuel distributors.
10. The country has the largest farm in the world. There are 32,000 bovine animals bred in it. Due to the high temperature, cows are in air-conditioned cowsheds.
11. The highest peak of Jabal al-Sauda 3133 m above sea level
12. The longest river, Wadi ar-Rima, 900 km.
13. Abha is the highest located town in the country.
14. Saudi Arabia is one of the driest countries in the world.
15. The lowest temperature: -12,2 °C was measured in Turaif.
16. The highest temperature: 52 °C was measured in Jeddah.
17. In Jeddah there is the largest gas station in the world. There are over 200 fuel distributors on it.
Army in Saudi Arabia
1. Position in the list of the best armies of the world:
– 2015 year – 24 place,
– 2018 > year – 25 place.
2. Number of soldiers:
– 2014 year – 230,000 professional and 25,000 reservists,
– 2018 year – 231,000 professional and 25 000 reservists.
3. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 1100 tanks, 7200 > armored vehicles, 650 jet aircraft and 190 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 1140 tanks, 5470 armored vehicles, 842 jet aircraft and 254 helicopters.
4. Army expenditure:
– 2014 year – $ 57,000,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $ 56 725 000 000 .
5. The naval fleet …
– in 2014 there were about 35 ships, in 2018 it was about < strong style = "color: green;"> 83 ships.
Society in Saudi Arabia
1. 10 Saudis have accumulated assets greater than a billion US dollars.
2. In Saudi Arabia, an average adult consumes about 0.2 liters of pure alcohol a year.
3. The most drinks are spirit – 98%, then wine – 1.8%, and other alcoholic beverages – 0.2%.
4. In 2013, 7,661 people lost their lives due to traffic accidents.
5. Men and women can retire at the age of 62.
6. 3% of the population suffer from malnourishment (around 950,000 people).
7. The average IQ level is 84.
8. It is a country of young people. Only about 2% of residents are over 65 years old.
9. In this country, 85% of Muslims are Sunni and 15% are Shia.
10. Older people are overweight. It is estimated that this problem affects up to 70% of people over 40 years of age.
11. 33% of adults living in this country are overweight.
12. On average, a woman gives birth to 2.1 children.
13. In this country over 18 300 000 (2015) 30 257 715 (2018) people have access to internet (around 94% of the population).
14. Around 12,000,000 (2015) 18 000 000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
15. The population density is 13.3 people / km2.
17. The main religion is Islam, 98%.
18. In Saudi Arabia, according to statistics, on average, one person reads 58 minutes a day.
19. The average age people living in this country is 26.8 years old.
20. In this country there are approximately:
– 8,730,000 people (27.07%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 22,474,000 people (69.69%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 1 044 800 people (3.24%) over 65 years old.
21. In this country, about 597 000 children are born each year (1.9% of the population), and about 107,000 people die (0.3% of the population).
22. 350 people in 1000 possess firearms.
23. 88% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
24. Saudi Arabia has the largest number of beautiful and luxurious cars in the world. They are owned not only by the richest but also ordinary families.
25. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 67 cigarettes a month.
26. The average life expectancy in this country is 73.1 years (women – 74.4 years and men – 72.2 years).
Symbols of Saudi Arabia
1. The national dish is Kabsa.
Customs in Saudi Arabia
1. The family tradition is that mother chooses a wife for her son.
2. A man can not talk to a woman in a public place. The only exception is the conversation with the doctor at the hospital.
3. A widow can do nothing without the consent of his father, brother, or son.
4. A popular way to get in touch with strangers is to attach your phone number to the car windows.
5. You can bargain anywhere, even in taxis or shopping centers.
Famous people in Saudi Arabia
1. Osama Bin Laden came from Saudi Arabia.
Sport in Saudi Arabia
1. In this country, car racing in the dunes is popular.
History of Saudi Arabia
1. On September 24, 2015 in Mina panic occurred during the pilgrimage. 2,268 people were killed.
2. In Saudi Arabia, women are banned from driving. As part of the protest, Queen Elizabeth II, during a visit to this country in 1988, got behind the wheel of a car in which also the king of Saudi Arabia Abdullah was. It was the first and last time a king drove in a car driven by a woman.
3. At the end of September 2016, it changed the Muslim calendar to the Gregorian calendar. This was to facilitate transactions for people buying oil.
4. The country was created on September 23, 1932.
5. The name of this country comes from the Saudi dynasty, which founded this state.
6. The country joined the UN on October 24, 1945.
7. According to the researchers, Eve’s biblical grave is located in the city of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia.
8. Until September 2016, the calendar of Hijir was used in Saudi Arabia, according to which when it was 2016, it was 1436 in Poland.
What is the highest peak in Saudi Arabia?
The highest peak in Saudi Arabia is Jabal as Sauda (3133 m above sea level).
What is the largest river in Saudi Arabia?
The largest river in Saudi Arabia is Wadi ar-Rima, 900 km.
What is the largest lake in Saudi Arabia?
There are no lakes in this country.
Which Saudi Arabia has national colors?
National colors: green and white.
Which countries borders Saudi Arabia?
Saudi Arabia borders on such countries as: Iraq 814 km, Jordan 744 km, Kuwait 222 km, Oman 676 km, Qatar 60 km, United Arab Emirates 457 km, Yemen 1 458 km.
What is the average age of people living in this country?
The average age people living in this country is 26.8 years.
What is the minimum wage?
The minimum wage is 3,000 rials per month (data from 2013).
What is the population density in Saudi Arabia?
The population density is 15 people per km2.
What is the motto of this country?
Motto of the country – “There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is His prophet.”
What is the highest temperature recorded in this country?
The highest temperature: 52 ° C was measured in Jeddah.
What is the lowest temperature recorded in this country?
The lowest temperature: -12,2 ° C was measured in Turaif.
With how many years can you legally buy alcohol?
In this country, alcohol consumption is illegal.