11. The name of this state derives from ancient Greek and means “one house”.
12. From 1870, it is a tax-free country.
13. Citizens can not play or even visit casinos.
14. There is no airport in this country. The closest one is in France, only 30 minutes from the capital of Monaco.
15. It is the second smallest country in the world. The transition at the widest point takes less than an hour walk.
16. In this country there is the largest number of policemen per 1 person (about 1 policeman for 65 people)
17. The flag has the same colors as the Indonesia flag. The only difference is the width, the Monaco flag is narrower.
18. The Monaco Grand Prix has been organized since 1929.
19. License plates starting with two zeros belong to the Prince Albert family.
20. The minimum wage amounts to EUR 1 624 per month and EUR 9.61 per hour (data from 2015).
21. The national average wage is EUR 3 436 per month (data from 2012).
22. The amount of income tax in Monaco is 33.33%.
23. The unemployment rate is 2% (data from 2012).
24. 4 Monacians have accumulated assets greater than one billion US dollars.
25. The richest of them is Tatiana Casiraghi with assets worth over $2.2 billion.
26. In this country, compulsory education lasts 10 years.
27. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
28. In this country there is 1% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 378 people).
29. The change from daylight saving time to winter time (turning clockwise back one hour) is the last Sunday in October.
30. The maximum permitted speed in the whole country is 70 km / h.
31. The permissible blood alcohol content in a person driving a car is 0.5 promille.
32. The country has more than 41,000 motor vehicles registered (1,086 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
33. In this country there are over 77 km of paved roads (0.0001% of all roads in the world).
34. In this country over
28 000 (2015) 36 949 (2018) people have access to the internet ( around 98% of the population).
23,000 (2015) 13,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
36. The national top-level domain is .mc . There are over 2,840 websites with such an extension.
37. The most popular pages with the extension .mc are: monte-carlo.mc, gouv.mc and acm.mc.
38. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2010 year was around: $16,500,000,000 .
39. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $6 063 000 000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $6,070,000,000 .
40. In this country an adult person smokes 87 cigarettes a month on average.
41. The lowest temperature: -25 °C was measured at Jardin Exotique.
42. The highest temperature: 34.5 °C was measured in Jardin Exotique.
43. The average life expectancy in this country is 89.6 years (women – 93.7 years and men – 85.8 years).
44. 10 women give birth to 15 children on average
45. The average age people living in this country is 51.7 years old.
46. The country is around:
– 4,000 people (11.41%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 22,000 people (58.21%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 11,500 people (30.38%) over 65 years old.
47. In this country, about 250 children are born annually (0.7% of the population), and about 350 people die (0.9% of the population).
48. The Principality of Monaco is one of the 12 monarchies in Europe.
49. The first elections took place only in 1911. Earlier, there was absolutism there.
50. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1962.
51. 100% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
52. The country joined the UN on May 28, 1993.
53. The work week is 39 hours.
54. The last death penalty was carried out in 1847.
55. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 0%, and for companies 33.33% (2018).
56. The tax on goods and services is 20% (2018).