11. In Turkey there is Mount Ararat, on which the Noah’s Ark settled according to the Bible.
12. Istanbul is on two continents – in Europe and Asia. There is no other intercontinental city in the world.
13. Saint Nicholas was born in Patara. He was a bishop in Demre.
14. In most public buildings on the ceiling there is a black arrow that shows the direction of Mecca. Muslims must be addressed in this direction during daily prayers.
15. There is a mosque in every Turkish city.
16. You can see a statue of a Trojan horse in Turkey, the Trojan War took place among others in western Turkey.
17. In the city of Antolia, the film Star Wars was recorded. To this day, there is a film town that can be visited there.
18. Many historical figures come from Turkey, among others biblical Abraham, Paweł Apostoł, Homer – poet, storyteller Aesop.
19. The famous words of Julius Caesar “Veni, vidi, vici” were uttered after winning the fight against the kingdom of Pontus in north-eastern Turkey.
20. Turkey is a self-sufficient agricultural country.
21. There are around 9,000 species of flowers in Turkey. For comparison, there are 11,500 species in all of Europe.
22. The first Christian church dedicated to Saint. Peter was raised in Antioch.
23. Christians, fleeing the Roman persecution, found refuge in the underground cities of Cappadocia.
24. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 8 place,
– 2018 year – 9 place.
25. Number of soldiers:
– 2014 year – 410,000 professional and 180,000 reservists, < br> – 2018 year – 350,000 professional and 360 500 reservists.
26. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 3,600 tanks, 8,500 armored vehicles, 980 jet aircraft and 410 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 2440 tanks, 9030 armored vehicles, 1055 jet aircraft and 475 helicopters.
27. Expenses for the army:
– 2014 year – $18,000,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $10,200,000,000 .
28. Maritime fleet …
– in 2014 the year it was about 80 ships, in 2018 of the year it’s about 79 ships.
29. In this country is a city called Batman. Interestingly, in 2008, the mayor of the city announced the filing of a lawsuit to the producers of the film “Batman” for the illegal use of its name.
30. The Ottoman Empire, as the only country in the world, did not recognize the partitions of Poland.
31. Drivers use the horn mainly when they approach the intersection at high speed and are unable to slow down, and to pay attention to themselves when seeing friends.
32. The one who has a bigger car has priority over the road.
33. It is very easy to pass a driving license. The practical test consists in driving on a road off the road and parking in a chosen place.
34. Drunk drivers are transported 30 km out of town, from where they must return home on foot. The confiscated car can be recovered after sobering up and paying a fine.
35. Not from the Netherlands, but from Turkey, tulips come from.
36. Over 60% of adult Turks addictive tobacco.
37. Television censors people who smoke cigarettes.
38. In Turkey, no one keeps cats at home, because according to history one of them has dared to scratch Mohammed.
39. Turkey is covered by four seas.
40. The village of Polonezkoy in Polish means “Polska Wieś”. It was created thanks to Adam Czartoryski in the 19th century. The mayor of the village is traditionally chosen by a Pole for each vote.
41. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk was in 1923 the first president in the country. During 15 years of rule, he introduced, among others, Gregorian calendar, Latin alphabet, names, authoritarian government and Europeanization of the country.
42. Atatürk means “father of the Turks”. This is a surname that only Mustafa Kemal could use.
43. The reason for the divorce may be the failure of the husband to provide adequate coffee supplies.
44. The minimum wage for a hand is 949 LU per month (data from 2015).
45. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 2,210.
46. The amount of income tax in Turkey is 20%.
47. Retired women can go at the age of 57, and men at the age of 62.
48. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 9.7% .
49. 32 Turks accumulated assets greater than one billion American dollars.
50. The richest of them is Murat Ulker with assets worth over $4.4 billion.
51. In the new buses of Turkish communication there are USB chargers, which everyone can use freely.
52. In Turkey, an average person consumes about 2 liters of pure alcohol per year.
53. The national alcohol is Raki.
54. The most beer is beer – 64%, then spirit – 28%, and wine – 8%.
55. In this country, compulsory education lasts 8 years.
56. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
57. The average IQ level is 90.
58. In this country there are 5% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 3,884,795 people).
59. In Turkey, according to statistics, an average of one person reads 51 minutes a day.
60. The national animal is a gray wolf.
The change from daylight saving time to winter time (clockwise one hour back) is on the last Sunday of October.
In Turkey, the winter time for summer time is not changed.
Autor: Adrianna / poprawka: Viola
62. For the road to be marked as a highway, it must have three lanes in each direction. This is a legal entry.
63. Centers of Ankara and Adana were designed by German urban planners in the modernist style.
64. In Turkey, social housing is being built by a government agency. To date, over 500,000 have been built apartments.
65. The currently constructed bridge over the ismita bay will be the second longest suspension bridge in the world. The designed bridge over the Dardanelles will take first place in this category. Thus Turkey in 2020 may have 2 of the 3 longest suspension bridges.
66. In order to run for an MP, you can go to Turkey without the support of an election committee or being on the party list.
67. The turnout in the general election in Turkey is one of the highest in the world and often exceeds 90%.
68. In Turkey, a lot of citizens of other countries live, many as illegal immigrants and refugees. The largest groups are Arabs, Georgians, Armenians, Kurds and Albanians. They can account for up to 10% of the country’s population.
69. The built-up speed limit is 50 km / h.
70. Outside the built-up area, the speed limit on the regular road is 90 km / h, and on highways from 100 to 120 km / h.
71. The permissible blood alcohol content in a person driving a car is 0.5 promille.
72. In 2013, 4,786 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
73. 3.3% of fatal accidents caused people under the influence of alcohol.
74. In this country, over 17,939,000 motor vehicles are registered (231 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
75. 3.1% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
76. In this country there are over 65,909 km of paved roads, including over 2 155 km of expressways (0.1% of all roads in the world).
77. In this country there are 98 airports, 91 of the paved surface.
78. The largest airport in Turkey is located in Istanbul. Annually over 56 million people use it.
79. In this country there are over 12 008 km of railway tracks.
80. In five Turkish cities there are metro lines (Adana, Ankara, Bursa, Istanbul and Izmir).
81. In Istanbul, there is a 90.5 km metro line (70 stations). It was opened in 1989. Approximately 305 million people use it annually.
82. In this country over
46 282 000 (2015) 56 000 000 (2018) people have access to internet (approximately 71% of the population).
41,000,000 (2015) 44,000,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
84. The average speed of fixed internet is 6.2 Mb / s, and the maximum is 38.5 Mb / s (data from the end of 2015).
85. The national top-level domain is .tr . There are over 297,800 websites with such an extension.
86. The most popular pages with the extension .tr are: google.com.tr, hurriyet.com.tr and milliyet.com.tr.
87. This country has 2018 over year $124 282 000 000 of foreign exchange reserves (1,013% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
88. Amount of gold reserves in …
– 2015 year was 500900 kg ,
– 2018 year is 236000 kg
89. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $861 079 000 000 ,
– 2018 is $851,000,000,000 .
90. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 year was 33% GDP, or around: $284 156 070 000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 28.3% GDP, or around: $240 833 million . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $3 100.
91. Foreign debt at the beginning …
– 2015 the year was around: $402,400,000,000 ,
– 2018 of the year is around: $466,657,000,000 .
92. 28% of adults living in this country are overweight.
93. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 117 cigarettes a month.
94. In Istanbul there are over 2,372 buildings with a height exceeding 35 meters.
95. In Turkey there are 33 “skyscrapers” (buildings with a height of over 150 meters).
96. The lowest temperature: -50.3 °C was measured in Ardahan Province.
97. The highest temperature: 48.8 °C was measured in Mardin.
98. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
99. The average life expectancy in this country is 76.3 years (women – 79.4 years and men – 73.7 years).
100. Two Turkish citizens received the Nobel Prize.
101. On February 18, 1952, Turkey joined the political and military organization called NATO.
102. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 17 (with the parents’ consent).
103. In this country, women having their first child on average 22.3 years old.
104. 10 women give birth to 21 children on average
105. The average age of people living in this country is 30.1 years.
106. The country is around:
– 20,040,000 people (25.45%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 53 127 000 people (67.47%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 5 574 900 people (7.08%) over 65 years old.
107. In this country, about 1,286,000 children are born each year (1.6% of the population), and about 463,000 people die (0.6% of the population).
108. In 1975 Turkey made its debut in the 20th Eurovision Song Contest. It took 19 th place, last place, earning then 3 points, all from Monaco. So far, Turkey has once won, once took the second place, once third place, and three times last place.
109. Turkey participates in the program of sharing American nuclear weapons within NATO. They have 60-70 heads.
110. The percentage share in the global Turkish economy in 2015 is 1.08% (for comparison, Poland’s share is 0.74%, and the United States – 23.32%).
111. The city of Gobekli Tepe was discovered in Turki, which was founded over 13,000 years ago.
112. In the region of Halfeti located in Turkey, natural black roses grow.
113. In this country, a person of 12 years of age is subject to criminal liability.
114. In Turkey, there is 382470 km2 of agricultural land (50% of the country).
115. 125 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
116. Kapıköy is the highest situated town in the country.
117. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 9 days.
118. The country joined the UN on October 24, 1945.
119. The work week is 45 hours.
120. 66% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
121. 102242 km2 of the country is covered by forests (13.3%)
122. The last death penalty was made in 1984.
123. In this country, the amount of income tax for individuals is 35%, and for companies 22% (2018).
124. The tax on goods and services is 18% (2018).
125. The level of inflation in 2018 is 15.8%.