11. China has the oldest calendar in the world – lunar from 2600 BC.
12. They have the world’s largest mushroom farms (60% of all species on earth). In 1996 they produced 600,000 tons.
13. China is currently the leading producer of bicycles.
14. Every fifth man on earth lives in China.
15. Paper, gunpowder, compass and printing were invented in China.
16. All of China is in one time zone.
17. Many historians believe that football originated in China around 1000 years BC.
18. There are on average 250 protests per day.
19. Ping-pong is one of the most popular games in China.
20. Good luck cookies are a traditional Chinese custom invented in the 1920s.
21. Toilet paper was invented in China in 1300. Only the Emperor could afford this luxury.
22. One of the most popular hobbies is collecting postage stamps.
23. According to a popular legend, tea was discovered by the Chinese Emperor Shennong in 2737 BC. when the tea leaf fell by accident into his bowl of boiling water.
24. Pandas are a symbol of strength and courage.
25. White color is a symbol of mourning.
26. In the second century AD, the Chinese discovered that blood flows all over the body and is pumped through the heart. In Europe, it was discovered only in the 17th century.
27. The most important holiday in China is Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year. The Chinese believe that every person becomes one year older than the New Year, so this day is for each “birthday”.
28. The red color symbolizes happiness.
29. There are currently 32 million more boys out there than girls.
30. In China there is the highest peak in the world Mount Everest (8848 m above sea level).
31. The bread has a sweet taste.
32. Beer is cheap, tasty but also weak (maximum 4%).
33. Over 90% of adult guys are smoking. A woman is hard to meet with a cigarette.
34. 70% of adults wear glasses.
35. Public toilets are usually clean and free.
36. The names ‘Van’ and ‘Lie’ account for 20% of the population.
37. While living in a city, you can have only one child.
38. Only not so long ago regulations on the prohibition of driving under the influence of alcohol were introduced.
39. It’s easy to find a cheap apartment for rent. For a three-room reasonable price is about $300.
40. Traditionally, mother-in-law deals with a young mother and child after childbirth.
41. In Beijing there is the largest McDonald’s, which can accommodate 700 people.
42. Over 700 million Chinese drink contaminated water. 90% of groundwater, and 75% of rivers are unsuitable for drinking.
43. Over 2,000 years ago, this country made ice cream from frozen rice mixed with milk.
44. Over 200 million Chinese live in poverty for less than $1 a day.
45. In this country the most executions in the world are carried out. Unofficially, it is reported that there are three times more than in other countries in the world taken together.
46. Over 4,000 newborns received the name “Aoyun” which means “Olympic Games” in honor of the organized Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008.
47. In China, found a cake from 4,000 years ago reminiscent of today’s pasta. It means that the Italians did not invent it.
48. In the Mong Kok district of Hong Kong there are 130,000 people per one square kilometer. It is the highest population density in the world.
49. The Chinese consume a total of about 50 billion chopsticks a year.
50. In this country, about 55% of production is counterfeits, mainly CD / DVDs, cigarettes, clothes.
51. It is estimated that by 2025 more than 200 cities with a minimum of one million inhabitants will be built.
52. The Yangtze River is the longest river in Asia. It is over 5 520 km long and supplies half a billion people with water.
53. The Yangtze River is considered the dirtiest river in the world.
54. Over 17,000 Chinese cities do not have sewage treatment plants.
55. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 3 place,
– 2018 year – 3 place.
56. There are over 2 440 500 professional soldiers and 2185000 reservists (2018).
57. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 9100 tanks, 4700 armored vehicles, 2,700 jet aircraft and 850 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 9720 tanks, 13350 armored vehicles, 3870 jet aircraft and 1327 helicopters.
58. Expenses for the army:
– 2014 year – $126,000,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $161 725 000 000 .
59. Maritime fleet …
– in 2014 , the year was around 32 ships, in 2018 of the year it’s about 29 ships.
60. China has 240 nuclear warheads.
61. In China, live tadpoles were swallowed as a contraceptive.
62. Wu Zetian was the only empress in Chinese history. It reigned from 690 to 705.
63. In this country, until 1997, the intention of killing a panda was punishable by death.
64. Between the cities of Xining and Lhasa, there is the highest railway line in the world. It was built 5072 m above sea level.
65. In this country, posthumous weddings are legal.
66. Over 60 million Chinese run their blog.
67. From the bridge over the Yangtze River near the city of Nanjing, more than 2,000 suicides jumped over 40 years.
68. In the province of Guangdong, copies of the Austrian town of Hallstatt were built for $940 000
69. In the city of Benxi, factories produce so much smoke that it is not visible to satellites.
70. In the Ikea furniture store in China you can take a short nap in the exhibition bed.
71. The number 9999 symbolizes happiness and longevity.
72. The Chinese have discovered Australia over 2,000 years before the Europeans.
73. In Yunnan there is a “dwarf village”, which is inhabited by over 100 people from all over China measuring less than 130 cm.
74. Seven of the 10 bloodiest wars of all time were fought in China.
75. The bride dresses according to tradition in red.
76. In some prisons in China, convicts are forced to play the online game “World of Warcraft” in order to get virtual money, which is then sold for real cash.
77. According to the old tradition, during the solar eclipse, everyone makes the greatest noise to scare the great dragon that eats the sun.
78. In the province of Nanjing in 2010, morality patrols were introduced, which ensure that young people do not kiss in public places.
79. The national fruit of China is kiwi, often called Chinese gooseberry.
80. In China, you can meet scoupes of cigarettes. They pay the equivalent of 2 cents per one. They are used to clean steel pipes from rust.
81. For returning a plastic bottle for purchase, you get the equivalent of 4 cents.
82. Chinese people rarely eat yellow cheese. They think it’s tasteless.
83. In Beijing in 2010, a gigantic cork was created with a length of about 95 km. Cars stood there for 11 days. It was caused by road works.
84. In China, the death penalty court may convict a person who grossly contributed to environmental pollution.
85. Chengdu has the largest building in the world – New Century Global Center with an area of 1 700 000 m2. The construction lasted only 3 years.
86. There are over 95,000 km of highways in China.
87. In the city of Nankin there is the world’s largest Bible printing house. Over one million copies are produced there every month.
88. In China, you can buy a Buddha-shaped pear.
89. Chinese students spend 251 days a year at school.
90. Tian’anmen Square in Beijing is so much illuminated that you can see it from space at night.
91. Young people have more and more problems with writing Chinese characters manually.
92. The Chinese museum in Hebei province was closed in 2013 because it was discovered that most of the exhibits contained in it were counterfeits.
93. Over 30 million Chinese live in houses hollowed in the mountainsides.
94. In 2013, scientists based on the analysis of thousands of photos determined that the most common face in the world is the face of a 28-year-old Chinese.
95. Chinese multimillionaire Zhang Gengyun in 2011 bought a Tibetan mastiff dog for a huge sum of 1.5 million dollars.
96. In China, no chocolate is eaten at all.
97. The highest Chinese Bao Xishun is 236 cm tall.
98. Chinese children do not go in diapers, only in clothes with a hole cut through which they handle their physiological needs.
99. All Olympic ping-pong champions come from China.
100. According to legends, disobedient people were alive embedded in the Great Wall of China.
101. In the tomb of the first Chinese Emperor Qin Shi, there are 7.5 thousand life-size figures of soldiers, officers and horses made of burnt clay.
102. The Chinese literary system consists of over 40,000 characters. Every day, about 5,000 of them are used.
103. The Great Wall of China is one of the wonders of the world, inscribed on the UNESCO list. This is the biggest tourist attraction of this country.
104. Qingdao Bridge Haiwan is the longest bridge in the world built over the water. It has 42.5 km.
105. The most popular Chinese name is “Wang”, which means “king” (93 million people). In the second place is the name Li – 92 million people and the third is Zhang – 88 000
106. The minimum wage varies from 1 270 yuan (around 774 zlotys) to 2 030 yuan (around 1237 zlotys) per month depending on the region. The hourly rate starts from 11.2 yuan (around 6.8 zlotys) to 18.5 yuan (around 11.2 zlotys). Data from 2015.
107. The amount of income tax in China is 25%.
108. Women can go to retirement at the age of 50-55 and men at the age of 60.
109. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 3.8% .
110. 213 Chinese people have accumulated assets greater than a billion US dollars.
111. The richest of them is Wang Jianlin with assets worth over $24.2 billion.
112. In this country are set limits on the number of foreign films displayed. Currently, only 44 can be broadcasted per year.
113. In western China, in one of the ancient graves, the oldest trousers in the world were found, the age of which is estimated at around 3,300 years.
114. In China, an average person consumes about 6.7 liters of pure alcohol per year.
115. The national alcohol is moutai.
116. The most drinks are spirit – 70%, then beer – 27%, and wine – 3%.
117. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
118. The beginning of education begins at the age of 7.
119. The average IQ level is 100.
120. In this country there are 3.6% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 49 463 280 people).
121. In China, according to statistics, an average of one person reads 69 minutes a day. This is the third result in the world.
122. The national animal is a panda.
123. The national fruit is kiwi.
124. The national tree is Ginkgo (Ginkgo).
125. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 30 to 60 km / h.
126. In addition to built-up areas, the permitted speed on the normal road ranges from 60 to 80 km / h, and on highways from 100 to 120 km / h.
127. The permissible blood alcohol content in a person driving a car is 0.2 promile.
128. In 2013, 62 945 people lost their lives as a result of road accidents.
129. 3.8% of fatal accidents caused people who were under the influence of alcohol.
130. The country has more than 250,18,000 motor vehicles registered (182 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
131. 10% of the population suffer from malnourishment (about 137,400,000 people).
132. 27% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
133. During the floods at the turn of July and August 1931 nearly 4 million people lost their lives. It is the largest reported natural disaster in the world.
134. On November 28, 1976, an earthquake destroyed the city of Tangshan. Over 600,000 people died.
135. On November 1, 1948, an ammunition explosion occurred aboard the merchant ship. which led to the death of over 6,000 people.
136. In this country there are over 4 460 000 km of paved roads, including more than 111 950 km of expressways (6.94% of all roads in the world).
137. In this country there are 507 airports, 463 with paved surface.
138. The largest airport in China is in Beijing. Annually over 86 million people use it.
139. There are 6 airports in China that serve over 35 million people annually.
140. The fastest train in China is the Siemens Velaro, which can travel at speeds up to 300 km / h (maximum speed 487.3 km / h).
141. In this country there are over 86,000 km of railway tracks.
142. The longest metro line in China is located in Shanghai and has a length of 588 km (364 stations).
143. There are metro lines in 24 Chinese cities.
144. In Beijing there is a 554 km metro line (318 stations). It was opened in 1971. Around 3.4 billion people benefit annually.
145. In this country over
674,000,000 (2015) 772 000 000 (2018) people have access to internet (around 56% of the population).
1,900,000 (2015) 1 800 000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
147. The average internet connection speed is 3.7 Mb / s, and the maximum speed is 23.1 Mb / s (data from the end of 2015).
148. The national top-level domain is .cn . There are over 5,709,200 websites with such an extension.
149. The most popular pages with the extension .cn are: sina.com.cn, 360.cn and pconline.com.cn.
150. This country has 2018 over year $3,118,000,000,000 (13,345,040,000,000) in foreign exchange reserves (30.68% of reserves currency in all countries of the world).
151. Amount of gold reserves in …
– 2015 year was 1722500 kg ,
– 2018 year is 1843000 kg
152. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $11 285 130 000 000 ,
– 2018 is $12,238,000,000,000 .
153. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 of the year was 41.1% GDP, or around: $4 638 188 430 000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 47.6% GDP, or around: $5 825 288 000 000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give about $4 240.
154. Foreign debt at the beginning …
– 2015 the year was around: $949 600,000,000 ,
– 2018 of the year is around: $1,843,500,000,000 .
155. In this country, an average adult person smokes 143 cigarettes a month.
156. The highest building in China is Shanghai Tower in Shanghai, 632 meters high (128 floors). It was built in 2015.
157. There are already 10 buildings in China, more than 400 meters high.
158. A building with a planned height of 729 meters (137 floors) is being built in Suzhou. Completed to be in 2020.
159. In Shanghai there are currently 135 “skyscrapers” (buildings with a height of over 150 meters).
160. There are 21 cities in China that have built a minimum of 10 skyscrapers.
161. The lowest temperature: -52,3 °C was measured in Mohe County.
162. The highest temperature: 50.3 °C was measured at Ayding Lake.
163. The most deadly disease in this country is liver cancer.
164. The average life expectancy in this country is 72.7 years (women – 74.5 years and men – 71.1 years).
165. 12 Chinese citizens received the Nobel Prize.
166. After the earthquake in 2015 in Nepal, the height of Mount Everest decreased by 2.5 cm.
167. In this country, women can get married at the age of 20, and men aged 22 years.
168. 10 women give birth to 16 children on average
169. The average age people living in this country is 36.8 years old.
170. The country is around:
– 234 860 000 people (17.08%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 1,002,556,000 individuals (72.91%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 137 643 500 people (10.01%) over 65 years old.
171. In this country, about 17 174 000 children are born annually (1.2% of the population), and about 10 350 000 people die (0.8% of the population).
172. The lowest-lying place in the country is Turpan – 154 m.p.p.
173. The Chinese want to create cheap space flights. The first vehicle adapted for this is to start in 2020.
174. In Sichuan, a replica of the Titanic is created. Interestingly, it is located 1500 km from the sea and will never flow out into “wide waters”. The Chinese Titanic will be a hotel complex to be built by 2019.
175. Black tea was grown in China already 5,000 years ago.
176. 20% of new Chinese buses are electric.
177. Doctors from Sun Yat-sen University conducted the first so-called chemical surgery on human embryos.
178. The soldiers, in order to acquire the habit of keeping their heads perfectly straight, have pins in their uniforms.
179. Chinese police often patrol the streets with geese instead of dogs.
180. Beijing’s air damages the lungs during the day, like burning a packet of cigarettes.
181. In the Beijing bunkers of which over 10,000 were created during the Cold War, there are now a million students and working migrants.
182. The world-famous ketchup was used in China for marinating fish. His name was “ke-tsiap”.
183. Until 2014, it was not possible to buy or have foreign game consoles in China.
184. Chinese people can download music for free using Google.
185. The reconstruction of the hymen costs 700 dollars.
186. One of the delicacies of Chinese people are cats. They eat over 3 million a year.
187. Annually about one million unborn girls fall victim to abortion.
188. The most expensive telephone number is 8888 8888. It was sold for +300 000$.
189. In this country, fossils of flying mammals from over 160 million years have been discovered.
190. The premiere of CS: GO popular in China took place only in 2017 (5 years after the world premiere). Interestingly, the publisher is not just Perfect World.
191. The Chinese are planning to create the future of the future – HyperFlight, connecting all major cities in China. The planned speed of trains is 4000 km / h.
192. Husbands waiting for their wives shopping at shopping malls, can take advantage of special places with video games.
193. Sunglasses were invented in China in the twelfth century.
194. Heihe-Tengchong is a conventional line dividing China into the east and west.
195. The eastern part has 43% of the territory of China and as much as 94% of the population.
196. Chinese scientists made an experiment involving quantum entanglement of two protons. It ended successfully.
197. The football team of China up to the age of 20 is playing the match in the fourth German league. This is a form of preparation for the IO in 2020.
198. The largest building in China is in the city of Chengdu. Its height is 100 m, length 500 m and width 400 m.
199. In 1786, after a quake, a rock landslip blocked the Dadu River. Large amounts of accumulated water after 10 days broke through the landslide flooding nearby areas and killing 100,000 people.
200. The largest dam in the world is built on the Dadu River.
201. In July 2016, the largest radio telescope in the world was completed in the Kuejczou province. The diameter of its bowl is 500 m.
202. About as many people as citizens have Poland, he lives in caves in China.
203. On the Three Gorges Dam is the largest hydroelectric plant in the world. It generates as much electricity during the year as all power plants in Poland within 7 months.
204. Time travel is a taboo subject.
205. According to the Chinese regulations, the perpetrator of a road accident is more “profitable” to kill the person who has been hit, because then the main penalty to pay is a one-off fine. In other cases, the driver bears all the costs of treating the victim.
206. The death penalty threatens even for non-payment of taxes.
207. In 2015, 4% of fatal accidents were caused by people driving under the influence of alcohol.
208. China is one of the five countries in the world where women commit more suicide than men. The other countries are: Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iraq and Indonesia.
209. The percentage share in the global Chinese economy in 2015 is 13.9% (compared to Poland’s share of 0.74%, and the United States – 23.32%).
210. It was only at the end of the 1970s that foreign tourists began to visit the country.
211. In China, you can find an old “baby” – Fiat 126p. At the beginning of the 80s it was one of the first, very popular imported car.
212. Left-hand traffic was in force until 1946.
213. In this country, a person who is 14 years old is subject to criminal liability.
214. There is 519 million square kilometers of land in China (54% of the country).
215. 49 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
216. Wenquan is the highest located city in the country.
217. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1947.
218. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 35 days.
219. The country joined the UN on October 24, 1945.
220. The work week is 40 hours.
221. 20,500,000 km2 of the country is covered by forests (21.4%)
222. In 2016, a death sentence was imposed on over 1000 people.
223. In this country, the amount of income tax for individuals is 45%, and for companies 25% (2018).
224. The tax on goods and services is 16% (2018).
225. The level of inflation in 2018 is 2.1%.
226. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 6 190 ¥.
227. In China, people do not use GPS only with BeiDou.
228. Chinese scientists using the Internet and the robot carried out a successful fracture operation on a patient at a distance of 3,700 km.
229. The Chinese are planning to put in a special mirror in 2020, reflecting sunlight, illuminating the area with diameters from 10 to 80. The light is to be 8 times brighter than the moon’s luminosity.
230. Chinese army rebuilt old tanks on remotely controlled.
231. A Chinese company that owns, among others Volvo bought the Terrafugia startup, which deals in the production of flying cars. The first models are to appear already in 2019.