11. As a result of global warming and the associated increase in the ocean level, Tuvalu can mostly be under water. According to UN research, this is to be done by 2050.
12. The highest point on the Tuvalu Islands is only 4.5 m.
13. The name Tuvalu refers to and means eight inhabited islands (although in fact there are nine of them)
14. In 2001, New Zealand decided to accept Tuvalu residents in the event of a threat of flooding by the ocean.
15. Cyclone Babe, who passed through the atoll, Funafuti, threw the mass of living coral organisms on its surface, which increased the island by as much as 30%.
16. It is one of 11 countries in the world where no negative temperature has ever been recorded.
17. The minimum wage is $3,000 per month (data from 2013).
18. On Tuvalu, an adult consumes an average of 1.5 liters of pure alcohol a year.
19. The most drinks are spirit – 75%, then wine – 15%, and beer – 10%.
20. In this country, compulsory education lasts 8 years.
21. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
22. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
23. In this country there are only 8 km of paved roads (0.00001% of all roads in the world).
24. There is only one airport in this country.
25. In this country over
4,300 (2015) 5,000 (2018) people have access to the internet ( around 47% of the population).
2,000 (2015) 2,300 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
27. The national top-level domain is .tv . There are over 568,500 websites with such an extension.
28. .Tv extension is often used for websites related to television.
29. The most popular pages with the extension .tv are: twitch.tv, ustream.tv and flashx.tv.
30. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 2 cigarettes a month.
31. Gross domestic product (GDP) is $41,000,000 in 2015.
32. The internal debt at the beginning of 2015 was 41% GDP, or around: $1,025,000,000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $13,321 .
33. The lowest temperature: 19.7 °C was measured at Funafuti.
34. The highest temperature: 36.1 °C was measured in Niulakita.
35. The average life expectancy in this country is 69.3 years (women – 71.7 years and men – 67 years).
36. In this country, women having their first child on average 23.5 years old.
37. A woman gives birth to 3 children on average
38. The average age of people living in this country is 25.2 years.
39. The country is around:
– 3,000 people (29.4%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 7,000 people (65.03%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 600 people (5.57%) over 65 years old.
40. In this country, about 250 children are born each year (2.4% of the population), and about 90 people die (0.9% of the population).
41. There are 18 km2 of agricultural land on Tuvalu (69% of the country).
42. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1967.
43. 55% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
44. 10 km2 of the country is covered by forests (38.5%)
45. The last death penalty was carried out in 1978.