11. New Year in Afghanistan called Nawroz, is celebrated on March 21. This is the first day of spring.
12. An estimated 16,000,000 Afghans are illiterate.
13. Afghanistan belongs to the group of the least economically developed countries in the world.
14. It is one of the poorest countries in the world. It was waged by long-term wars and the almost complete lack of foreign investment.
15. In many Afghan villages, an average of two out of three women are widows.
16. In antiquity, the area of this country was the central point of the “Silk Road”.
17. Despite numerous rivers and reservoirs, a large part of the country is dry.
18. Afghanistan is compared to Egypt in terms of the historical value of archaeological excavations.
19. Many archaeologists believe that people in the country have appeared more than 50,000 years ago, creating the first community in the world.
20. Afghanistan has the highest mortality of pregnant women in the world.
21. Amu-daria River located at an altitude of 258 m above sea level is the lowest point in Afghanistan.
22. Only 3% of the country is covered by forests.
23. It was only in 2010 that the construction of the railway network started in Afghanistan.
24. The country is famous for its large production of opium, over 4,000 tons are produced each year.
25. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 75 place,
– 2018 year – 70 place.
26. There are over 200,000 professional soldiers and 0 reservists (2018).
27. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 800 tanks, 9,000 armored vehicles, 120 jet aircraft and 90 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 820 tanks, 9542 armored vehicles, 203 jet aircraft and 145 helicopters.
28. Expenses for the army:
– 2018 year – $11,500,000,000 .
29. Lieutenant Niloofar Rhamani in May 2013 became the first pilot in the history of the Afghan Air Force.
30. The minimum wage of government employees is 5,000 afghani. Employees of private companies do not have a fixed minimum wage (data from 2014).
31. The amount of income tax in Afghanistan is 20%.
32. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 8.8% .
33. In Afghanistan, an average person consumes about 0.7 liters of pure alcohol per year.
34. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
35. The beginning of education begins at the age of 7.
36. The average IQ level is 84.
37. In this country there are 61.8% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 16 748 644 people).
38. The national animal is a snow leopard.
39. The highest permitted speed of travel on the road is 90 km / h.
40. Zero tolerance for drivers driving a car “by glass”. You must have 0.0 promil.
41. In 2013, 1,808 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
42. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
43. In this country there are over 655,000 motor vehicles registered (24 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
44. 6.8% of the population live on less than 3$a day.
45. In this country there are over 43.670 km of paved roads (0.07% of all roads in the world).
46. In this country there are 52 airports, 23 of the paved surface.
47. In this country there are over 75 km of railway tracks.
48. In this country, over
4 005 000 (2015) 5 700 905 (2018) people have access to internet (about 21% of the population).
2,100,000 (2015) 3,200,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
50. The national top-level domain is .af . There are over 5 250 websites with such an extension.
51. The most popular pages with the extension .af are: google.com.af, livescore.af and mohe.gov.af.
52. The country has 2018 over $7,500,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.064% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world)
53. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $23 227 000 000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $20,820,000,000 .
54. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 of the year was 6.6% GDP, or around: $1,532.822,000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 7.6% GDP, or around: $1 582 320,000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give about $58.
55. Foreign debt at the beginning of 2012 year was around: $1,280,000,000 .
56. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 5 cigarettes a month.
57. The average life expectancy in this country is 47.3 years (women – 47.5 years and men – 47.2 years).
58. The lowest temperature: -52,2 °C was measured in Shahrak.
59. The highest temperature: 49.8 °C was measured in Farah.
60. The most deadly disease in this country is tuberculosis.
61. In this country, women can get married at the age of 16, and men aged 18.
62. In this country, women having their first child on average 20.1 years old.
63. 10 women give birth to 53 children on average.
64. The average age people living in this country is 18.4 years old.
65. The country is around:
– 11,247,000 people (41.5%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 15 150 000 people (55.9%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 704 600 people (2.6%) over 65 years old.
66. In this country, about 1 045 000 children are born annually (3.9% of the population), and about 376,000 people die (1.4% of the population).
67. The lowest situated place in the country is Amu Darya – 258 m above sea level.
68. 90% of opium in the world comes from Afghanistan.
69. Most people in Afghanistan celebrate their birthday on January 1. This is due to the fact that many Afghans do not know their date of birth and choose the first day of the year.
70. Football players of the Afghanistan representation are in special costumes covering the whole body except the face and hands.
71. An Afghan woman with an amazing look whose 1985 photo was on the cover of National Geographic, when she was found in 2002, stated that she had no idea that her photography is known all over the world.
72. In Kabul, there is the George Bush market, where items stolen from American soldiers are sold.
73. When leaving Afghanistan, the Soviets were forced to leave part of their military equipment. In the wastes until today you can see rusting wrecks of tanks, armored cars, guns, trucks.
74. Citizens of Afghanistan can travel without problems to only 28 countries around the world.
75. In Afghanistan, Poland is called Lehistan, which means the Lachs state.
76. Due to discrimination against women, Afghanistan was not allowed to take part in the summer Olympic Games in Sydney in 2000.
77. It is estimated that the Soviet Union deployed over 10 million landmines in Afghanistan. It would take several thousand years to find everyone and disarm.
78. Afghanistan is referred to as the “fallen state”, which means that power structures and social infrastructure have disintegrated.
79. Only one Jew lives in Afghanistan, Zablon Simintov, born in 1959.
80. In Afghanistan there are the most known terrorist organizations in the world (13).
81. Afghanistan is the largest producer in the world: opium, hashish, heroin.
82. Over 1,300,000 Afghans live in Iran and about 2,500,000 in Pakistan.
83. In Europe, the majority of Afghans live in Germany (over 125,000).
84. In Afghanistan, there is the world’s highest infant mortality rate. During the first year of delivery, 115 per 1000 children die.
85. Afghanistan receives over 6,800,000,000 foreign aid annually.
86. Left-hand traffic was in force until 1979.
87. There are 379100 km2 of agricultural land in Afghanistan (58% of the country).
88. 46 people in 1000 possess firearms.
89. The highest situated city in the country is Qarabolaq.
90. In this country, formalities related to the establishment of the company last 8 days.
91. The country joined the UN on November 19, 1946.
92. 23% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
93. 8078 sq km of land is covered by forests (1.2%)
94. In 2016, death penalty was imposed on six people.
95. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 20%, and for companies 20% (2018).
96. The level of inflation in 2018 is -1.1%.
97. Afghanistan has 21900 kg of gold reserves (2018).