11. Many villages are completely cut off from the world for half a year because of snow.
12. During the bloody dictatorship of Enver Hoxha in 1945-1985, over 800,000 bunkers were built in Albania.
13. Although the law of revenge is strictly observed (“blood does not age”), it is a safe country where there is a rule that visitors (tourists) can not fall off their hair.
14. The average salary is less than $100.
15. Adult children usually live with their parents for the rest of their lives, taking care of them.
16. Over 40% of Albania is covered by forests.
17. Nodding means “No” and shaking from side to side means “Yes”.
18. Less than 5% of citizens have access to the Internet.
19. Poverty is adjacent to luxury – rural huts stand near skyscrapers.
20. It is a country extremely tolerant religious. Muslims, Catholics and Orthodox people live together. They also take mixed marriages.
21. There are no circumstances in the Albanian language.
22. In Albania, Poles are associated with John Paul II, thanks to which they are treated well.
23. In most coaches there is a driver’s helper, who usually pays a toll at the end of the ride.
24. The most popular names are Hoxa (Imam), Bogdani (God gave), Dukagjini (noble family) and Dushku (kind of tree).
25. The permissible blood alcohol content in a person driving a car is 0.5 promille.
26. Only those who have made a card in Albania can use the ATMs.
27. There is no coverage in the north of Albania and in the mountains.
28. There were 19 cars in the country at the time of Enwera Hodża.
29. The minimum wage is 22,000 LEK per month in a system of 40 hours of work per week (data from 2014).
30. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 59 700 Lek.
31. The amount of income tax in Albania is 15%.
32. Retired women can go at the age of 60, and men at the age of 65.
33. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 13% .
34. The national alcohol is Rakija.
35. In Albania, an average person consumes about 7 liters of pure alcohol per year.
36. The most drinks are spirit – 48%, then beer – 32% and wine – 20%.
37. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
38. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
39. The average IQ level is 90.
40. In this country there are 2.4% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 69,432 people).
41. The national animal is a golden eagle.
42. The change from daylight saving time to winter time (turning clockwise back one hour) is the last Sunday in October.
43. The national tree is an olive tree.
44. The origin of the Albanian language is a contentious issue.
45. Built-up speed allowed is 40 km / h.
46. Outside of built-up areas, the permitted speed on the usual road is 80-90 km / h, on the expressway route of 110 km / h.
47. In 2013, 295 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
48. 6.2% of fatal accidents caused people who were under the influence of alcohol.
49. In this country there are over 446,000 motor vehicles registered (154 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
50. In this country there are over 18,000 km of paved roads (0.03% of all roads in the world).
51. In this country there are 4 airports, all with paved surface.
52. In this country there are over 339 km of railway tracks.
53. In this country, over
1 815 000 (2015) 1 932 024 (2018) people have access to internet (approximately 67% of the population).
1,300,000 (2015) 1,400,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
55. The country’s top-level domain is .al . There are over 14,440 websites with such an extension.
56. The most popular pages with the extension .al are: google.al, shekulli.com.al and ikub.al.
57. This country has 2018 over year $3,200,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.025% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
58. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $11,600,000,000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $13,040,000,000 .
59. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 year was 69.1% GDP, or around: $8 015 600 000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 69.9% GDP, or around: $9 114 960 000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $3 151.
60. Foreign debt at the beginning …
– 2015 of the year was around: $8 782 000 000 ,
– 2018 of the year is around: $9 196 000 000 .
61. 21% of adults living in this country are overweight.
62. In this country an average adult person smokes 93 cigarettes a month.
63. The average life expectancy in this country is 76.4 years (women – 79.7 years and men – 73.4 years).
64. The lowest temperature: 27.5 °C was measured at Voskopoje.
65. The highest temperature: 43.9 °C was measured in Kucova.
66. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
67. On April 1, 2009, Albania joined the political and military organization called NATO.
68. In this country, women can get married at the age of 16, and men aged 18.
69. In this country, women having their first child on average 20.1 years old.
70. 10 women give birth to 15 children on average.
71. The average age of people living in this country is 32 years old.
72. The country is around:
– 544,000 people (18.8%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 2 022 000 people (69.9%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 326 900 people (11.3%) over 65 years old.
73. In this country, about 37,400 children are born each year (1.3% of the population), and about 19,000 people die (0.7% of the population).
74. The lowest located place in the country is Chott Melrhir – 40 m.p.p.
75. Over 80% of cars driving in Albania are Mercedes.
76. Albania is one of the three European countries in which Islam is the dominant religion.
77. During the reign of Enver Hoxha, who was a communist dictator, Albania became the first atheist state in the world.
78. Although the dominant religion is Islam, in this country there are more churches and churches than mosques.
79. The only monument to a foreigner in Tirana is the statue of Fryderyk Chopin.
80. Albania lost to handball 1 – 81 with the Faroe Islands. To such a pogrom occurred because the team was sent by mistake instead of a team of handball players, a team of basketball players.
81. There are 12010 km2 of agricultural land in Albania (44% of the country).
82. 86 people in 1000 possess firearms.
83. Moscopole is the highest located city in the country.
84. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 39 days.
85. He joined the United Nations on December 14, 1955.
86. The work week is 40 hours.
87. 44% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
88. 8040 km2 of the country is covered by forests (29.3%)
89. The last death penalty was carried out in 1995.
90. Albania is 85th in the ranking of the best armies in the world.
91. Number of soldiers:
– 2014 year – professional and reservists ,
– 2018 year – 50,000 professional and 14,000 reservists.
92. Number of equipment:
– 2018 year – 0 tanks, 688 armored vehicles, 23 jet aircraft and 23 helicopters.
93. The army in 2018 was allocated over 138 400 000 dollars.
94. The naval fleet consists of over 37 ships (2018).
95. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 23%, and for companies 15% (2018).
96. The tax on goods and services is 20% (2018).
97. The level of inflation in 2018 is 2.3%.
98. Albania has 1,600 kg of gold reserves (2018).