11. Political system – Parliamentary democracy.
12. About 90 percent of Slovaks have secondary education, this is one of the best results in Europe.
13. Štefan pumpkins, invented the parachute, patented it in 1913.
14. Bratislava is the only capital that is in contact with the two neighboring countries of Hungary and Austria to the north west.
15. Slovakia is often confused with the similar-sounding country – Slovenia.
16. Slovakia adopted the euro on 1 January 2009.
17. The highest temperature measured in Komarno 5 July 1950 year. The thermometer showed 39.8 ° C.
18. The lowest temperature measured in Vígľaš-Pstruša February 11, 1929 year. The thermometer might be -41 ° C.
19. Modrý Kameň is the smallest Slovak city. He lives less than 1 500 people.
20. In 1536 Bratislava became the temporary capital of the Kingdom of Hungary.
21. Bratislava is far from Vienna, about 60 km. This is the shortest distance between two European capitals (outside Rome and the Vatican).
22. Slovakia is the longest in Europe a network of marked pedestrian tourist routes with a total length of almost 13 000 km.
23. The first nation living in the present territory of Slovakia were Celts.
24. In Kosice annually held the second of the oldest marathons in the world.
25. In Kosice also is the largest zoo in Central Europe.
26. Ice Cave in the Slovak Paradise in 1882 was, as the first European illuminated.
27. The country has 228 registered castles.
28. The cellars under the castle Cerveny Kamen are the most extensive complex of underground rooms in Central Europe.
29. On the Danube River, a tributary of the Little Danube formed the largest river island in Europe Żytna an area of 132,000 ha.
30. In this country you can see one of the few geysers in Europe, which spurts water to a height of about 20 m.