11. The world’s best and tastiest coffee is produced in Brazil, producing 25% of the world’s supply.
12. There is the largest rainforest in the world – Amazonia.
13. Researchers estimate that there may be more than four million species of plants and animals in Brazil.
14. There is one of the new 7 wonders of the world – the statue of Christ the Redeemer, located in Rio de Janeiro.
15. It is not surprising how a child lives even their whole lives with their parents.
16. Most people get married only about 30 years old.
17. Brazilians love football.
18. Brazil has the most known and respected Carnival Festival in the world.
19. Almost all transactions are made using credit cards.
20. Brazilians allow their children to drink coffee.
21. More than one million Asians live in Brazil.
22. Capoeira is Brazilian art, with many elements of dance.
23. Originally, Brazil was called Pindorama.
24. Brazil has won the World Football Championship five times.
25. Brazilians love to talk. They can not sit in silence.
26. Jardim Gramacho is the largest dump in the world, with an area comparable to 250 football fields. Every day, 8,000 tons of garbage from 6 nearby countries are transported.
27. In Sao Paulo, 9 May 2008, the longest traffic jam in the world, approximately 265 km long, was created.
28. There are no rugs in the houses.
29. There are a lot of people begging. Asking for money is not a shame, even when you are young and healthy.
30. Series are never played at the same time as matches.
31. In Brazil, nobody pays much attention to punctuality. Inviting someone, you have to reckon with the fact that he may be late by 2 hours. Even news and TV shows usually start 10-15 minutes later than given in the program.
32. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 14 place,
– 2018 year – 14 place.
33. There are over 334 500 professional soldiers and 1 652 500 reservists (2018).
34. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 480 tanks, 1300 armored vehicles, 750 jet aircraft and 250 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 466 tanks, 1705 armored vehicles, 721 jet aircraft and 255 helicopters.
35. Expenses for the army:
– 2014 year – $33,000,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $29,300,000,000 .
36. Maritime fleet …
– in 2014 , the year was around ships, in 2018 the year is about ships.
37. Zero tolerance for drivers driving a car “by glass”. You must have 0.0 promil.
38. Sao Paulo is the first city in which all advertising on the streets has been removed.
39. There is a gigantic moth in this country – Thysania Agrippia, whose wingspan reaches up to 30 cm.
40. In the Brazilian city of Natal, the largest tree in the world grows, with a crown circumference of up to 500 meters.
41. In Brazil, Opel cars are produced under the Chevrolet name.
42. The Brazilian flag has the words “Ordem e Progresso”, which means “Order and Progress”.
43. Near Sao Paulo there is a prison in which convicts have the opportunity to shorten the length of the sentence by riding a stationary bike that generates electricity.
44. In Brazil, between 2013 and 2016, three major sports events will be organized: the Confederations’ Cup in 2013, the World Cup in football in 2014 and the Summer IO in 2016.
45. Catarina Migliorini sold her virginity for $780,000. She donated her money to charity.
46. The minimum wage is 788 real per month. The salary is paid 13 times a year (data from 2015).
47. The amount of income tax in Brazil is 34%.
48. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 12.4% .
49. 54 Brazilians have accumulated assets greater than one billion US dollars.
50. The richest of them is Jorge Paulo Lemann with assets worth over $25 billion.
51. In Brazil, an average person consumes about 8.7 liters of pure alcohol per year.
52. National alcohol is cachaca and caipirinha.
53. The most beer is beer – 60%, then spirit – 36%, wine – 3.9%, and other alcoholic beverages – 0.1%.
54. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
55. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
56. The average IQ level is 87.
57. In this country there are 7.4% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 15 199 674 people).
58. In Brazil, according to statistics, an average of one person reads 45 minutes a day.
59. The national animal is a macaw parrot.
60. The national fruit is capuacu.
61. The change from daylight saving time to winter time (clockwise shift back one hour) is on the third Sunday in February.
62. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 40 to 60 km / h.
63. In addition to built-up areas, the permitted speed on the normal road ranges from 60 to 80 km / h, and on highways from 80 to 120 km / h.
64. In 2013, 41,059 people lost their lives as a result of road accidents.
65. In this country there are over 81 601 000 motor vehicles registered (397 vehicles per 1 000 inhabitants).
66. 5% of the population suffer from malnourishment (around 10,270,000 people).
67. 9% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
68. In 2011, heavy rains in the city of Rio de Janeiro caused mudslides. which killed 903 people.
69. In this country there are over 1,751,886 km of paved roads, including over 11,000 km of expressways (2.73% of all roads in the world).
70. In this country there are 4 093 airports, 698 of the paved surface.
71. The largest airport in Brazil is located in Sao Paulo. Approximately 39 million people use it annually.
72. In this country there are over 28,538 km of railway tracks.
73. There are metro lines in 7 Brazilian cities.
74. In Sao Paulo there is a 74.8 km metro line (67 stations). It was opened in 1974. About 1.1 billion people use it annually.
75. In this country, over
117 653 000 (2015) 149 057 635 (2018) people have access to internet (approximately 72% of the population).
103,000,000 (2015) 139,000,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
77. The average speed of fixed internet is 3.6 Mb / s, and the maximum speed is 29 Mb / s (data from the end of 2015).
78. The national top-level domain is .br . There are over 3 073 440 websites with such an extension.
79. The most popular pages with the extension .br are: google.com.br, uol.com.br and blogspot.com.br.
80. This country has 2018 over year $379 444 000 000 of foreign exchange reserves (3.05% of foreign exchange reserves all countries in the world).
81. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $2 356 780 000 000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $2,056,000,000,000 .
82. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 of the year was 58.9% GDP, or about: $1,388,143,143,000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 74% GDP, or around: $1,521,000,000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give about $7,407.
83. Foreign debt at the beginning …
– 2015 the year was around: $712 500 000 000 ,
– 2018 of the year is around: $673,910,000,000 .
84. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 42 cigarettes a month.
85. In this country homosexual marriages are legal from May 14, 2013.
86. In Sao Paulo there are over 5,735 buildings with a height exceeding 35 meters.
87. In Rio de Janeiro there are more than 2,580 buildings with a height exceeding 35 meters.
88. There are currently 11 “skyscrapers” in Sao Paulo (buildings over 150 meters high).
89. The highest building in the country is the ATTO-Tower in Vila de Balbina with a height of 325 meters.
90. The lowest temperature: -14 °C was measured in Caçador.
91. The highest temperature: 44.7 °C was measured at Bom Jesus.
92. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
93. The average life expectancy in this country is 75.5 years (women – 79.3 years and men – 71.8 years).
94. In 1960, Peter Medawar won the Nobel Prize in physiology and medicine.
95. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 21.
96. 10 women give birth to 18 children on average
97. The average age people living in this country is 31.1 years old.
98. The country is around:
– 47 863 000 people (23.27%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 141 778 000 people (68.93%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 16 043 400 people (7.8%) over 65 years old.
99. In this country, about 2,974,000 children (1.4% of the population) are born annually, and about 1 350 000 people die (0.7% of the population).
100. On the flag of Brazil, the morning sky over Rio de Janeiro is depicted on November 15, 1889. On that day, Brazil was proclaimed a republic.
101. 27 stars on the Brazilian flag symbolizes 27 units of the administrative division of this country.
102. Only 8 people in the world bet on the amazing result that fell in the semi-final of the World Cup in Brazil in 2014 – Brazil-Germany 1: 7.
103. One of the people who chose the exact result of the Brazil-Germany 1: 7 match, also made Sami Khedira score. At a rate of 2319: 1 at $20, the win was $47,380.
104. Lost in the World Cup in 2004 in the match against Germany 1: 7 was the first defeat in the match at the home stadium since 1975.
105. According to polls, as many as 41% of citizens in this country say they are not interested in politics (2 result in the world).
106. Sao Paulo is the largest city in the southern hemisphere. It is inhabited by 21 519 000 people.
107. Between 1525 and 1866, 5 million slaves from Africa were sent to Brazil.
108. Rio de Janeiro means “January River”. Interestingly, there is no river in this city. The Portuguese Gasapa de Lemos, who discovered this city on January 1, 1502, being on the bay, thought that it was the mouth of the river.
109. About 7 million Lebanese live in Brazil, almost 2 times more than in Lebanon itself.
110. Polish emigrants taught local carts to make four-wheeled carts popular in Polish villages. This car is called “carro polaco” which means “Polish car”.
111. Portuguese sailor Pedro Alvares Cabral, wanting to sail to India in 1500, accidentally discovered Brazil and Madagascar.
112. Ayrton Senna’s world champion in 1994 was over 3 million people.
113. The city of Blumenau was founded in 1850 by German immigrants, it looks like a typical Saxon town. Oktoberfest is organized here every year.
114. The stadium in Manaus built at the World Cup in 2014, after the end of the event is to be converted into a prison.
115. The percentage share in Brazil’s global economy in 2015 is 3.15% (compared to Poland’s share of 0.74% and US 23.32%).
116. In this country, a person under 18 years of age is subject to criminal liability.
117. In Brazil there are 27.5 million km2 of agricultural land (33% of the country).
118. 80 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
119. The highest situated city in the country is Campos do Jordão.
120. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1932.
121. In this country, the formalities related to the establishment of the company last 152 days.
122. The country joined the UN on October 24, 1945.
123. The work week is 44 hours.
124. 83% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
125. 4710000 km2 of the country is covered by forests (55.7%)
126. The last death penalty was carried out in 1876.
127. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 27.5%, and for companies – 34% (2018).
128. The tax on goods and services is 25% (2018).
129. The level of inflation in 2018 is 4.5%.
130. Brazil has 6,3300 kg of gold reserves (2018).
131. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 2 190 R $.