11. Spain name derives from the word Ispani, which means land of rabbits.
12. Spanish is the world’s second most common mother tongue (it says 328 million people in 44 countries).
13. Spaniards have the largest number of bars from all countries of the European Union (1 bar to 129 people).
14. Spain did not participate in the first and second world war.
15. In this country there are more than 8 000 km of beaches.
16. Spaniards invented the mop and beret.
17. It produced there 44% of the world’s oil.
18. Spaniards have more cars than mobile phones.
19. It is the only country in Europe that produces bananas.
20. Ibiza tourists spend about 1.43 billion euros a year.
21. Taxis in Spain are marked with a green light on the roof.
22. Playing the lottery is a national hobby.
23. Nudity is completely legal. There are many nudist beaches.
24. Some types of soups are served cold.
25. Spain is still a monarchy.
26. Spain was the only country in Western Europe conquered and controlled by Muslims.
27. The country is the largest in Europe species of mammals, reptiles and birds.
28. About 50 percent of young people aged under 25 is unemployed.
29. Madrid is the most green capital of Europe.
30. In Barcelona there is a church, which is under construction for more than 100 years.