Capital : Nukuʻalofa
Language : English
Currency : Trinidad and Dollar
Population : 103 252
Area : 747 km2
1. 25% of fatal accidents were caused by people under the influence of alcohol.
2. Over 8 100 motor vehicles are registered in this country (79 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
3. The national top-level domain is .to . There are over 16,300 websites with this extension.
4. The most popular pages with the extension .to are movie2k.to, anonym.to and kinox.to.
5. There are no women in the Tonga government.
6. In this country there are more than 680 km of paved roads (0.001% of all roads in the world).
7. The country has 6 airports, 1 of the paved surface.
8. Full name of the country – Kingdom of Tonga.
9. Political system – constitutional monarchy.
Geography in Tonga
1. Tonga has only two seasons – summer and winter.
2. This country is 420 times smaller than Poland.
3. It is an island country, no land borders.
4. There are no rivers in this country.
5. The highest peak is Kao, 1 030 m a.s.l.
6. There are 310 km2 of agricultural land in Tonga (43% of the country’s area).
7. Pangai is the highest city in the country.
8. 36 km2 of the country’s area is covered by forests (5%)
62. The nearest capital in a straight line from Nukuʻalofa is Suva (Fiji) – 744 km.
63. The furthest capital city in a straight line from Nukuʻalofa is Niamey (Niger) – 19122 km.
Finance in Tonga
1. The tax on goods and services is 15% (2018).
2. Gross domestic product (GDP) …
– in 2015 it is $ 516,000,000 (PLN 2,208,480,000),
– in 2018 it is $ 430,000,000 (PLN 1,840,400,000).
3. At the beginning of 2015 , foreign debt was around: $ 215 000 000 .
4. The country has over $159,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.0013% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
Law in Tonga
1. The built-up speed limit is 50 km / h.
2. Outside the built-up areas, the speed limit is 70 km / h.
3. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.3 per mille.
4. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
5. The tax on goods and services is 15% (2018).
6. In this country you can vote from the age of 21.
7. It is unlawful to expose yourself in a public place, so it is difficult to notice even on the beaches people without shirts wearing.
8. It is strictly forbidden to have weapons and gambling.
9. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 32 days.
10. The last death penalty was made in 1982.
Education in Tonga
1. In this country, compulsory education lasts 8 years.
2. The beginning of education begins at the age of 5.
3. The average IQ level is 86.
4. In a country that is 0,6% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 620 people).
Work in Tonga
1. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 32 days.
2. The work week is 40 hours.
Best in Tonga
1. The highest peak is Kao, 1 030 m a.s.l.
2. Pangai is the highest city in the country.
3. The lowest temperature: 8.3 ° C was measured in Nuku’Alofa.
4. Highest temperature: 35 ° C was measured in Lupepau’U.
Society in Tonga
1. In Tonga, an average adult consumes about 1.6 liters of pure alcohol annually.
2. Most drink beer – 58%, then spirit – 34%, wine – 7.9%, and other alcoholic beverages – 0.1%.
3. In 2013, 8 people died as a result of road accidents.
4. 8.2% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
5. The average IQ level is 86.
6. 58% of adults living in this country are overweight.
7. In this country, women having their first child on average, 24.9 years old.
8. On average, a woman gives birth to 3.3 children.
9. In this country, more than 42 600 (2015) 49 822 (2018) people have access to the internet ( about 48% of the population).
10. About 40,000 (2015) 43,000 (2018) Facebook accounts were founded.
11. The population density is 144 people / km².
12. The main religion is Protestantism, 49%.
13. The average age of people living in this country is 22.3 years.
14. In this country there are around:
– 36,000 people (35.06%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 61,000 people (58.65%) in the age range 15-64 .
– 6,500 people (6.29%) over 65 years old.
15. In this country, around 2,400 children are born annually (2.3% of the population), and about 500 people die (0.5% of the population).
16. 33% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
17. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 4 cigarettes a month.
18. The average life expectancy in this country is 71.8 years (women – 74.7 years and men – 69.1 years).
Symbols of Tonga
1. The name Tonga comes from the word “Tongahahake”, which means “wind that blows from the south-east”
2. The word “Tonga” means “south”.
3. Krau motto – “God and Tonga are my heritage.”
Sport in Tonga
1. Rugby is a national sport.
History of Tonga
1. King Tongo Fatefehi in the years 1770-1784 deprived virginity of over 30,000 women.
2. Independence from Great Britain was obtained on June 4, 1970.
3. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1960.
4. He joined the UN on September 14, 1999.
What is the highest peak in Tonga?
The highest peak in Tonga is an unnamed elevation on the island of Kao (1033 m above sea level).
What Tonga has national colors?
National colors: red and white.
Which countries borders Tonga?
It is an island country, no terrestrial borders.
What is the average age of people living in this country?
The average age of people living in this country is 22.3 years.
What is the density of population in Tonga?
The population density is 144 people per km2.
What is the motto of this country?
Motto krau – “God and Tonga are my heritage”.
What is the highest temperature recorded in this country?
The highest temperature: 35 ° C was measured in Lupepau.
What is the lowest temperature recorded in this country?
The lowest temperature: 8.3 ° C was measured in Nuku’Alofa.
With how many years can you legally buy alcohol?
In this country, alcohol can be bought at the age of 18.