1. During the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, the North Pole is closer to the Sun than the South Pole.
2. June 21 is the shortest day of the year in all countries in the southern hemisphere.
3. On June 21, the Sun towers over the width of the Tropic of Cancer.
4. Arctic day prevails in arctic regions.
5. In the southernmost point of Poland – on the top of Opołonki in the Bieszczady Mountains, on June 21, the day lasts for 16h 12min.
6. In the northernmost part of Poland – in the town of Jastrzębia Góra, on June 21, the day lasts for 17h 20min.
7. June 21 is the shortest night of the year in Warsaw, 7 hours and 16 minutes.
8. The axis of the Earth’s sphere will be tilted towards the Sun at 17:28.
9. In Warsaw sunrise will be possible to watch at 4:21 and the west at 20:46.
10. In the capital of Iceland – Reykjavíku, on June 21, the day lasts over 21 hours.
11. On the night of June 21 to 22, the Slavic festival called Kupala Night is celebrated.
12. In the south of Poland celebrations are called bonfires, and in Mazury – palinocki.