11. New Year in Afghanistan called Nawroz, celebrated on 21 March. This is the first day of spring.
12. An estimated 16 000 000 Afghans are illiterate.
13. Afghanistan belongs to the group of least developed countries in the world.
14. This is one of the poorest countries in the world. On “the bottom” they led him many years of war and the almost complete lack of foreign investment.
15. In many Afghan villages, on average, two out of three women are widows.
16. In ancient times the area of the country were the focal point of the “Silk Road”.
17. Despite the many rivers and water reservoirs, a large part of the country is dry.
18. Afghanistan is likened to Egypt in terms of historical archaeological sites.
19. Many archaeologists believe that people in areas of the country appeared more than 50 000 years ago, creating the world’s first community.
20. Afghanistan has the highest mortality rate of pregnant women in the world.
21. The river Amu Darya located at an altitude of 258 m above the sea level It is the lowest point in Afghanistan.
22. Only 3% of the country covered with forests.
23. It was only in 2010 started in Afghanistan, the construction of the railway network.
24. The country is famous for its large production of opium. Every year, it created more than 4 000 tonnes.
Military potential in 2014
25. Afghanistan occupies 76 place in the ranking of the most powerful armies in the world.
26. It is 200 000 professional soldiers and reservists.
27. Afghanistan has 800 tanks, 9,000 armored vehicles, 120 jet aircraft and 90 helicopters.
28. On army pay annually more than $11.5 billion.
29. Lieutenant Niloofar Rhmani in May 2013 as the first woman in the history of the Afghan Air Force received the status of the pilot.
30. The minimum wage of government employees is 5 000 afghani (about $78.3). Employees of private companies do not have a fixed minimum wage (as of 2014).
31. The amount of tax income in Afghanistan is 20%.
32. The unemployment rate is 35,1% (data from 2008 years).
33. In Afghanistan, an adult on average consumes about 0.7 liters of pure alcohol.
34. In this country the compulsory education lasts 9 years.
35. Education starts at the age of 7 years.
36. The average IQ is 84.
37. In a country that is 61.8% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (about 16 748 644 persons).
38. The national animal of a snow leopard.
39. The highest permissible speed of movement on the roads is 90 km/h.
40. Zero tolerance for the drivers of the car “a glass”. You must have a 0.0 per mille.
41. In 2013, as a result of road accidents died 1 808 people.
42. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
43. In this country there are over 655 000 vehicles (24 vehicles per 1 000 people).
44. 6.8% of the population live on less than $3 day.
45. In this country there are more than 43 670 km of paved roads (0.07% of all roads in the world).
46. In this country there are 52 airports, 23 of the paved surface.
47. In this country there are more than 75 km of railway tracks.
48. In this country of more than 4 005 000 people have access to the Internet (12% of the population).
49. It has been founded more than 2 100 000 accounts on Facebook.
50. National top-level domain is the .af . There are more than 5 250 websites for such an extension.