11. The new president of Switzerland is elected each year.
12. There are as many as 1500 lakes, the intervals between them do not exceed 10 km.
13. The most popular alcoholic beverage in Switzerland is wine.
14. Swiss women are among the oldest in Europe, taking into account the age of birth of the first child.
15. 20% of the population are foreigners.
16. Switzerland has one of the lowest crime rates in all industrialized countries.
17. At the age of 4, children go to school. Science lasts 4 days, Wednesdays are a day off.
18. There are no stray dogs or cats on the streets.
19. Each single-family house in the basement has a laundry room with a drying room.
20. On the door of the house, the name is instead of the number.
21. On Sundays, all the stores are closed.
22. Small bribes up to 25 Francs are accepted. Accelerate, for example, receiving documents.
23. To cut down a tree, you must get a special permit, even if the tree is on private property.
24. After 21.00 you can not buy alcohol anywhere.
25. The most famous sportsman is tennis player Roger Federer.
26. The whole army is used in the Swiss army. Everyone, every few weeks, participates in special courses.
27. To avoid military service, you must pay 3% of all earned money for 30 years.
28. Education is free for everyone, even for foreigners.
29. Only after spending 12 years in the country can you get citizenship.
30. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 26 place,
– 2018 year – 33 place.
31. Number of soldiers:
– 2014 year – 135,000 professional and 75,000 reservists, < br> – 2018 year – 21,000 professional and 150,000 reservists.
32. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 200 tanks, 1600 armored vehicles, 175 jet aircraft and 38 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 135 tanks, 1030 armored vehicles, 166 jet aircraft and 42 helicopters.
33. Expenses for the army:
– 2014 year – $4,800,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $4,830,000,000 .
34. The permissible blood alcohol content in a person driving a car is 0.5 promille.
35. Rheinfall is the largest waterfall in Europe in terms of water flow.
36. Climbing is a national sport.
37. Matterhorn with 4478 m above sea level is the most recognizable and photogenic peak in the world.
38. The national symbol is Alphorn, an instrument made from a tree trunk that is over 4 meters long.
39. The International Jazz Festival is organized in Montreux, the second largest event of its kind in the world.
40. In 2013, 250,000 spectators attended the Alpine Games tournament in Burgdorf.
41. Writer Mark Twain wrote: “Switzerland would be a powerful state if someone ironed it well.”
42. In Geneva, the first watch in the world was invented. It was created by two Polish immigrants in 1839 – Antonia Patek and Franciszek Czapek.
43. In this country there are as many as four official languages (German, French, Italian and Romans).
44. The inhabitants of this country pride themselves on their unique Swiss mentality.
45. On the Contra Dam in the Verzaska Valley, you can make a bungee jump from a height of 220 meters. The stuntman was the first to perform this for the James Bond movie “GoldenEye”. This feat today is considered one of the most spectacular in the world.
46. From 1815, this country did not have any military alliance.
47. Switzerland, as one of the last countries in the world in 1990, recognized the right of women to vote.
48. It is one of the oldest nation states in Europe.
49. For 167 years there was no war in Switzerland. It is one of the most neutral countries in the world.
50. Switzerland and the Vatican are the only countries in the world that have a square flag.
51. In 2007, 170 Swiss soldiers invaded the territory of Liechtenstein. It soon turned out that this is not an invasion, but only a loss of orientation by soldiers during exercises in the Alps.
52. From Switzerland comes the most famous army of mercenaries – the papal guard.
53. There are many anti-nuclear bunkers throughout the country, where food is exchanged on a regular basis.
54. Over 300 days a year are sunny.
55. In this country, in 1864, winter tourism was invented.
56. Most vending machines do not have money feeders. There are such honest people there that all you need is a message asking you to pay a fee. To take something without payment is a disgrace.
57. The Swiss constitution introduced a change in 2009 that prevents the building of Muslim minarets.
58. It is a country that can delight at any time of the year.
59. The Swiss believe that their country is a corner that God created for himself. That it is a paradise on earth, the most beautiful place in the world.
60. The famous Swiss cheeses are made by the Portuguese.
61. Swiss Albert Hofmann created the drug LSD. Despite the fact that he was using it in large numbers, he lived 102 years.
62. In this country, it is forbidden to produce, store and sell alcohol absinthe, although it can be legally drunk.
63. In Switzerland, in 1819, the first chocolate bar was made.
64. Along the cable car up Niesen there is the longest staircase in the world. They have 11 674 degrees.
65. In 1474 in Basel, after a loud trial, a rooster was burned at the stake, which according to witnesses carried the egg.
66. From 1955 to 2007, motorsports were forbidden in Switzerland. The decision was made after the accident in the 24 hour Le Mans race in which over 80 people were killed.
67. In this country over
7 180 000 (2015) 7 776 749 (2018) people have access to internet (around 94% of the population).
68. Hammetschwand has the highest external wine in Europe, covering 153 meters at the viewpoint located at 1132 m above sea level.
69. A large Hadron Collider was built at CERN, where work is being done to create a black hole.
70. In 2013, a competition for the country’s new anthem was announced. Every citizen has the opportunity to submit their proposal.
71. 97% of the Swiss know only the first few lines of the old hymn.
72. In Switzerland, you can have several cars on the same registration numbers because the boards are assigned to the owners, not to the vehicles.
73. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 6,260 CHF.
74. The amount of income tax in Switzerland is 17.92%.
75. Women can retire at the age of 64, and men aged 65.
76. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 2.4% .
77. 29 Swiss have accumulated assets greater than one billion American dollars.
78. The richest of them is Ernesto Bertarelli with assets worth over 8.8 billion.
79. In Switzerland, an average person consumes about 10.7 liters of pure alcohol per year.
80. The most wine is drunk – 50%, then beer – 32%, spirit – 17%, and other alcoholic beverages – 1%.
81. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
82. The beginning of education begins at the age of 7.
83. The average IQ level is 101.
84. In this country there is 1% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 83 062 people).
85. The change from daylight saving time to winter time (turning clockwise back one hour) is the last Sunday in October.
86. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 30 to 50 km / h.
87. In addition to built-up areas, the permitted speed on the normal road varies from 80 to 100 km / h, and on highways 120 km / h.
88. The permissible blood alcohol content in a person driving a car is 0.5 promille.
89. In 2013, 269 people lost their lives as a result of road accidents.
90. The country has over 5 694 000 motor vehicles registered (685 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
91. In this country there are over 71 454 km of paved roads including over 1 824 km of expressways (0.11% of all roads in the world).
92. In this country there are 63 airports, 40 of the paved surface.
93. In this country there are more than 4,876 km of railway tracks.
94. In Lausanne there is a 5.9 km metro line (14 stations). It was opened in 2008. Approximately 28 million people use it annually.
3,500,000 (2015) 3,700,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
96. Over 3,500,000 Facebook accounts have been created.
97. The average internet connection speed is 16.2 Mb / s, and the maximum speed is 62.6 Mb / s (data from the end of 2015).
98. The country’s top-level domain is .ch . There are over 1 734 170 websites with such an extension.
99. The most popular pages with the extension .ch are: 1channel.ch, google.ch and watchfreemovies.ch.
100. The country has 2018 over year $762 495 000 000 in foreign exchange reserves (5.15% of foreign exchange reserves all countries in the world).
101. Switzerland has 10,4 million kg of gold reserves (2018).
102. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $680 112 000 000 ,
– in 2018 , the year is $679,000,000,000 .
103. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 year was 34.2% GDP, or around: $232 598 304 000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 29.7% GDP, or around: $201 663 million . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $24,279.
104. Foreign debt at the beginning …
– 2015 of the year was around: $1,533,000,000,000 ,
– 2018 of the year is around: $1 860 896 000 000 .
105. In this country the average adult person smokes 144 cigarettes a month.
106. The lowest temperature: -41.8 °C was measured at La Brévine.
107. The highest temperature: 41.5 °C was measured in the Bunch.
108. The most deadly disease in this country is lung cancer.
109. The average life expectancy in this country is 82.7 years (women – 84.7 years and men – 80.4 years).
110. 26 Swiss citizens received the Nobel Prize.
111. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 18.
112. In this country, women having their first child on average 30.4 years old.
113. 10 women give birth to 16 children on average
114. The average age of people living in this country is 42.1 years.
115. The country is around:
– 1 253 000 people (15.09%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 5 577 000 people (67.14%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 1,476,000 individuals (17.77%) over 65 years old.
116. In this country, about 87,200 children are born annually (1.1% of the population), and about 67,500 people die (0.8% of the population).
117. The lowest situated place in the country is Lake Maggiore – 195 m above sea level.
118. In Geneva, only 38% of inhabitants are native Swiss.
119. In this country you will not find premises known for the world-known American chain of KFC quick service bars.
120. In March 2011, the Swiss Behar Merlaku at the casino slot machines of the Austrian city of Bregenz, won 42 949 672,86 euros. He did not receive any money because it was considered a machine software error. The case ended with a settlement in court. The amount that the Swiss received is unknown.
121. The record heatwave that struck Europe in 2003, killed 975 people in this country from June to August.
122. Summer in 2003 was the warmest since 1540.
123. The percentage share in the global economy of Switzerland in 2015 is 0.95% (for comparison, Poland’s share is 0.74%, and the United States – 23.32%).
124. In this country, a person of 10 years of age is subject to criminal liability.
125. In Switzerland, there are 15229 km2 of agricultural land (38% of the country).
126. 457 people in 1000 possess firearms.
127. The highest situated city in the country is Juf.
128. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1971.
129. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 20 days.
130. The work week is 50 hours.
131. 68% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
132. 12298 km2 of the country is covered by forests (30.7%)
133. The last death penalty was carried out in 1944.
134. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 40%, and for companies 18% (2018).
135. The tax on goods and services is 7.7% (2018).
136. The level of inflation in 2018 is 1.2%.