1. The stem of the average sunflower can be up to 3 m tall, and the flower head can have a width of 30 cm.
2. Sunflower has been cultivated in North America since 3000 p.n.e.
3. Sunflowers are a symbol of faith, loyalty and adoration.
4. Sunflower is the national flower of Ukraine.
5. The record sunflower reached a height of 775 cm, was grown in the Netherlands by M Heijims in Oirchot in 1986.
6. Sunflowers can be used to extract a toxin such as lead, arsenic and uranium from contaminated soil. For example, sunflowers were used to remove toxins from the pond after the Chernobyl disaster and similar projects took place after the nuclear disaster in Fukushima.
What properties does sunflower oil have?
Sunflower oil will soothe skin irritations, strengthen hair, it is used as cooking oil, baking oil, for making medical paints, for making animal feeds.
What minerals and vitamins contains sunflower oil?
Sunflower oil is rich in minerals such as calcium and iron, and contains vitamin A and vitamin D.