11. About 90 percent of Slovaks have secondary education, this is one of the best results in Europe.
12. Štefan Banie, invented the parachute, he patented it in 1913.
13. Bratislava is the only capital that touches two neighboring countries, Hungary to the north and Austria to the west.
14. Slovakia is often confused with a similarly sounding country – Slovenia.
15. Slovakia adopted the euro on January 1, 2009.
16. The highest temperature was measured in Komarno on July 5, 1950. The thermometer showed 39.8 °C.
17. The lowest temperature was measured at Vígľaš-Pstruša on February 11, 1929. The thermometer showed -41 °C.
18. Modrý Kameň is the smallest Slovak town. There are less than 1,500 people living there.
19. In 1536, Bratislava became the temporary capital of the Kingdom of Hungary.
20. Bratislava is about 60 km away from Vienna. This is the smallest distance between the two European capitals (except Rome and the Vatican).
21. In Slovakia, there is the longest in Europe network of marked hiking trails, with a total length of almost 13,000 km.
22. The Celts were the first nation inhabiting the present territory of Slovakia.
23. In Košice, the second of the oldest marathons in the world takes place annually.
24. Košice also has the largest zoo in Central Europe.
25. The Ice Cave in the Slovak Paradise in 1882 was the first lighted in Europe.
26. There are 228 registered castles in this country.
27. The cellars under the Červený Kamen Castle are the most extensive complex of underground rooms in Central Europe.
28. On the Danube, at the tributary of the Mały Duna, the largest river island of Żytna was created in Europe, with an area of 132 thousand ha.
29. In this country you can see one of the few geysers in Europe, which gushes water to a height of about 20 m.
30. Slovakia is the world leader in cars produced per capita.
31. Kolárove has the longest bridge in Europe with a completely wooden structure. It is 85 meters long.
32. In 2002, Slovakia won the world hockey championship.
33. In the village of Nižná Myšľa, a four-wheeled carriage from the Bronze Age was found from 3.5 thousand years ago. It is one of the oldest toys in Europe.
34. The distance between Bratislava and Vienna by water (Danube) is 60 km.
35. Slovakia is one of the three countries in the world where Coca-cola is not the most popular drink. It gives way to Kofola, which was introduced in the 1960s.
36. In the vicinity of Devin (Moravian region) very good currant wines are produced.
37. During the Second World War, Bratislava was destroyed to a very small extent. During short bombardments, few buildings were damaged, a bridge collapsed (now called the old one) and a nearby oil refinery caught fire. However, in the opinion of the Slovaks, the tragedy that has happened to them is comparable to the destruction of Poland.
38. The stairs of the castle in Bratislava were adjusted so that Maria Teresa could ride them on horseback.
39. In many places of religious worship there are relics in the form of mummified parts of the body, most often the hands.
40. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 70 place,
– 2018 year – 61 place.
41. Number of soldiers:
– 2014 year – 13,500 professional and reservists,
– 2018 year – 14 670 professional and 0 reservists.
42. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 30 tanks, 530 armored vehicles, 49 jet aircraft and 17 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 22 tanks, 478 armored vehicles, 49 jet aircraft and 17 helicopters.
43. Expenses for the army:
– 2014 year – $790,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $1,025,000,000 .
44. Zero tolerance for drivers driving a car “by glass”. You must have 0.0 promil.
45. The minimum wage is 380 euros (approximately 1 610 zlotys) per month and 2.18 euros (approximately 9.2 zlotys) per hour (data from 2015).
46. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 1 130 €.
47. The amount of income tax in Slovakia is 22%.
48. Retired women can go at the age of 58 and 3 months and men at the age of 62.
49. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 5.5% .
50. In Slovakia, an average person consumes about 13 liters of pure alcohol per year.
51. The national alcohol is Borovička and TatraTea.
52. The most drinks are spirit – 46%, then beer – 30%, wine – 18%, and other alcoholic beverages – 6%.
53. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
54. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
55. The average IQ level is 96.
56. The change from daylight saving time to winter time (turning clockwise back one hour) is the last Sunday in October.
57. The national tree is small-leaved lime.
58. The built-up speed limit is 50 km / h.
59. In addition to built-up areas, the permitted speed on an ordinary road is 90 km / h, and on highways from 90 to 130 km / h.
60. In 2013, 251 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
61. 23% of fatal accidents caused people who were under the influence of alcohol.
62. The country has over 2,623,000 motor vehicles registered (484 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
63. 0.4% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
64. In this country there are over 38 985 km of paved roads including over 769 km of expressways (0,06% of all roads in the world).
65. In this country there are 35 airports, 21 of the paved surface.
66. In this country there are over 3 622 km of railway tracks.
67. In this country over
4 507 000 (2015) 4 629 641 (2018) people have access to internet (about 85% of the population).
2,300,000 (2015) 3,200,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
69. The average internet connection speed is 11.2 Mb / s, and the maximum speed is 49 Mb / s (data from the end of 2015).
70. The national top-level domain is .sk . There are over 284,300 websites with such an extension.
71. The most popular pages with the extension .sk are: google.sk, sme.sk and azet.sk.
72. This country has 2018 over year $3,922,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.024% of foreign currency reserves in all countries of the world).
73. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $103 210,000,000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $95 770 000 000 .
74. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 year was 53.6% GDP, or around: $55 320 560 000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 50.9% GDP, or around: $48,746 930,000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $8 987.
75. Foreign debt at the beginning …
– 2015 the year was around: $82 290,000,000 ,
– 2018 of the year is around: $111 811 000 000 .
76. 25% of adults living in this country are overweight.
77. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 117 cigarettes a month.
78. In this country there are 0.4% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 21 696 people).
79. The lowest temperature: -41 °C was measured in Vígľaš-Pstruša.
80. The highest temperature: 40.3 °C was measured in Hurbanovo.
81. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
82. The average life expectancy in this country is 74.7 years (women – 78.7 years and men – 70.7 years).
83. The lowest located place in the country is the Bodrok River – 94 m above sea level.
84. On March 29, 2004, Slovakia joined the political and military organization called NATO.
85. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 18.
86. In this country, women having their first child on average 27.8 years old.
87. 10 women give birth to 14 children on average
88. The average age of people living in this country is 39.6 years.
89. The country is around:
– 821 000 persons (15.14%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 3 825 000 people (70.51%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 778 400 people (14.35%) over 65 years old.
90. In this country, about 53,800 children are born each year (1.0% of the population), and about 52,800 people die (1.0% of the population).
91. The products of well-known brands are inferior in quality to those sold in Western Europe.
Autor: Co jemy
92. In the place where the borders of three countries join together: Austria, Hungary and Slovakia, a symbolically triangular table has been placed.
93. There are 19297 km2 of agricultural land in Slovakia (40% of the country).
94. 83 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
95. The highest situated town in the country is Vysoké Tatry.
96. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 25 days.
97. He joined the UN 19 Jan 1993.
98. The work week is 40 hours.
99. 57% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
100. 19322 km2 of the country is covered by forests (40.2%)
101. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 25%, and for companies 22% (2018).
102. The tax on goods and services is 20% (2018).
103. The level of inflation in 2018 is 2.6%.
104. Slovakia has 31700 kg of gold reserves (2018).