1. 489 species of sharks are known.
2. Shark fisheries are organized to obtain meat, skins and fish oil.
3. The remains of the shark were found in the rock layer originating from Devonian.
4. Arctic shark lives in the arctic waters.
5. The white shark is called the man-made shark.
6. In the United States, wild dogs kill more people than sharks in 100 years.
7. The shark can sense one drop of blood in 115 l of water.
8. The man-eater shark is the only shark that, when hunting for the victim, puts his head above the surface of the water.
9. People started to consider sharks as the most dangerous animals for a man after a series of films “Jaws”.
10. Shark attacks on humans happen sporadically. All dangerous species were recorded by scuba divers in open waters, without a protective cage, and sharks did not react aggressively to humans.
11. There are 10 known species of sharks that have attacked humans at least 10 times.
12. There are attempts to attack sharks on surfers. Most likely they confuse them with seals.
13. The most shark attacks on humans were recorded in the US, and the most fatal ones in Australia.
14. From 1958 to 2016, there were 2,7885 shark attacks on humans. 439 people did not survive.
15. Sharks killed 27 people in Europe. The last lethal attack took place in 1989.
16. Going into the sea where sharks live, the chance that you will be attacked is 1 to 11.5 million, and that you will be killed 1 to 1.2 billion.
17. A shark was found in a Florida golf course flooded after a hurricane.
18. the shark must be in constant motion. If he stopped, he would go down.
19. The shark during the attack, rotates the eyeballs, so that the front part of them is hidden. This is to protect the eyes from the tossing victim.
20. The US navy uses underwater drones that look like sharks.
21. The first sharks appeared on Earth 420 million years ago, before the first tree grew.
22. Hammer shark has a 360 degree field of view.
23. Sharks more like men 🙂 They attack 9 times more often than women.
24. The shark repellent is the smell of decaying shark meat.
25. The whole shark is mainly made of cartilage.
26. The skeleton is only found in the teeth of the shark and the dorsal fin.
27. Megalodon is a prehistoric species of shark, the largest known predatory fish. He lived 15,9-2.6 million years ago. It is estimated that he could be 25 meters long.
28. The largest of the currently living fish in the world is the whale shark, 12.65 m long and weighing 13.6 tons.
29. Whale shark feeds on plankton.
30. The polar shark can live up to 400 years. He is considered to be the longest living vertebrate in the world
31. The polar shark can go down to a depth of 2200 meters.