1. They can be eaten cooked, fried, baked.
2. The word potato refers to both the plant and its single tuber.
3. Potato is a plant from the tuber family.
4. The Spaniards discovered a potato in 1536 during the conquest of Peru. They brought him to Europe.
5. It is the fourth largest vegetable in the world after rice, wheat and corn.
6. Potato consists of about 80% water and 20% solids.
7. This is the first plant bred in space.
8. The first ever toy advertised on TV was “Mr. Potato head” in 1952.
9. Without the smell, the apple, potato and onion taste the same. They are all cute.
10. There are over 500 ways to prepare a potato.
11. The monster Monster in the Nigerian version of “Sesame Street” is obsessed with yam potatoes.
12. Kevin Abosha sold a photo of a potato on a black background for $ 1 million.
13. Briton Thomas Halford in 1790 was sentenced to 2 thousand lashes for the theft of 1.5 kg potatoes.
14. In the West Pomeranian Voivodeship in Biesiekierz there is a potato monument.
15. Potato skin contains a large amount of fiber, which reduces the absorption of fats and regulates the digestive system.
16. Potatoes prevent stomach cancer.
Who invented one of the most popular potato dishes – fries?
The name of the inventor of French fries is unknown. It is known that they were first made in 1680 in the Belgian city of Dinant.
How many calories does a potato have?
There are 77 calories in 100g of cooked potato.
Who is the largest producer of potatoes?
The largest producer of potatoes in the world is China (100 million tons).
Why do not you eat raw potatoes?
Because raw potato contains solanine, which causes: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, colic in severe cases, circulation disorder, breathing, proteinuria.