11. A huge number of large pelagic predators, turtles, dolphins, sharks and many species of migratory fish meet at the intersection of three major ocean currents in the Palaun archipelago.
12. Palau has no army, the United States is responsible for defending this country.
13. The 10th edition of the popular American program “Survivor” took place on the Palau Islands.
14. There are 3,334 endemic plant species on the archipelago.
15. The State of Palau has created the first so-called sharks sanctuary, prohibiting completely fishing these animals in their waters by an area of about 600 thousand square km.
16. On the island of Eil Malk there is a lake where only jellyfish live.
17. It is one of 11 countries in the world where no negative temperature has ever been recorded.
18. The minimum wage is $3 per day and is only for Palau citizens (data from 2014).
19. The unemployment rate is 4.2% (data from 2005).
20. In Palau, on average, an adult consumes about 7.9 liters of pure alcohol a year.
21. The most beer is drunk – 78%, then spirit – 16%, and wine – 6%.
22. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
23. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
24. In this country there are 0.5% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (about 90 people).
25. In 2013, 1 person died as a result of road accidents,
26. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.1 promile.
27. 100% of fatal accidents caused people who were under the influence of alcohol.
28. In this country, more than 7,100 motor vehicles are registered (396 vehicles per 1 000 inhabitants).
29. No woman is in the government of Palau.
30. In this country there are 3 airports, 1 with paved surface.
31. In this country, over
7,700 (2015) 7,700 (2018) people have access to the internet ( around 43% of the population).
5,900 (2015) 6,400 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
33. The national top-level domain is .pw ,
34. The most popular pages with the extension .pw are: pay.pw and registry.pw.
35. Gross domestic product (GDP) is $273,000,000 in 2015.
36. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2015 year was around: $18 380 000 .
37. 49% of adults living in this country are overweight.
38. The lowest temperature: 18.9 °C was measured at Nekken Forestry.
39. The highest temperature: 34.4 °C was measured in Koror.
40. The average life expectancy in this country is 71.2 years (women – 74.5 years and men – 68.1 years).
41. 10 women give birth to 17 children on average
42. The average age of people living in this country is 33.2 years.
43. The country is around:
– 4,000 people (20.26%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 13,000 people (72.42%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 1,300 people (7.32%) over 65 years old.
44. In this country, about 200 children are born annually (1.1% of the population), and about 140 people die (0.8% of the population).
45. There are 50 km2 of agricultural land on Palau (11% of the country).
46. Ngatpang is the highest located city in the country.
47. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1979.
48. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 28 days.
49. The work week is 40 hours.
50. 69% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
51. 406 km2 of the country is covered by forests (88.5%)
52. The last death penalty was carried out in 1994.