1. The scientific name is Opiliones.
2. Opiliones belong to the group of arachnids.
3. Over 6.6 thousand species are known (31 in Poland).
4. Despite his small body, has very long and thin legs with a span of up to 16 cm.
5. The mower is the most popular in Poland. Its leg span reaches up to 5 cm.
6. Opiliones is carnivorous.
7. Female scythes are larger than males.
8. A fossilized male in a rock dating back 400 million years was found in Scotland.
9. When the cutter loses his leg, it can vibrate even for more than an hour.
10. Opiliones have only one pair of eyes.
11. There is a myth that the driver is the most venomous animal in the world, but they have too short fangs to pierce human skin.
What do the drivers live on?
Eat invertebrates with soft body shells (caterpillars, aphids, snails, mites, spiders and other makers).
Where are the cutters?
You can meet them on every continent except Antarctica.
Is it true that the groom is the most venomous animal in the world?
This is not true, none of the known species of carnivore has venom glands.
Can a groomer bite a man?
Cadets are not able to penetrate human skin.