11. The main employers of North Korea are the government and the army.
12. In North Korea there is one physician for every 700 people, and one hospital bed for 350 people.
13. North Korea is officially still at war with South Korea.
14. In big cities, women can not ride bicycles, and the skirts they wear must cover their knees.
15. Arrests for any reason, lack of reliable trials and public executions are the norm.
16. North Korea is the last Stalinist country on Earth.
17. In April 2003, a ship was captured that sailed from North Korea and headed towards Australia. 150 kg of heroin was found on board.
18. The border with South Korea is the best kept border in the world.
19. Kim Jong-il was only 157 cm tall. His shoes had a 10 cm sole.
20. Instead of celebrating Christmas, many Koreans worship the birth of Kim Jong-il’s mother, December 24.
21. Kim Jong-il has a huge collection of over 20,000 films.
22. According to American intelligence, North Korea can have up to 2.5 tons of biological and chemical weapons.
23. North Korea has the highest percentage of military personnel in the world, counting per capita. Unofficially, there are about 10 million soldiers ready to fight, of which 2 million active.
24. There is the highest you have in the world. The exact height is not known, after shooting it is estimated that it is over 160 m, and the flag on its top weighs over 600 kg.
25. Mandatory military service lasts 5 years in the army and navy, or 3-4 years in aviation.
26. In some hospitals, the latest devices remain unused, as doctors and nurses do not know how to use them.
27. In the capital, on the occasion of the 70th birthday of Kim Il-sun, a 170-meter tower of Idea Juche was built, consisting of 25,550 granite blocks (each block is one day of the leader’s life).
28. They use the Dżucze calendar invented in 1997. Years in it count from the year of birth Kim Il Sung – April 15, 1912. Currently, they have Juche 107 (2018).
29. Each leader has a specially cultivated flower for him, eg. Kim Il-sung had orchids.
30. In each house there is a radio that can not be turned off. Only you can turn them down a bit.
31. In each room hangs a picture of the leader. During the outbreak of a fire, residents even have to raise it at the expense of their lives. In case of war, special bunkers are built, where all the portraits and statues have to be hidden.
32. North Korea is the least visited country in the world. About 1 800 people a year.
33. Internet and cell phones are prohibited.
34. The traffic at the intersections is directed by ladies standing in the middle, on a special elevation.
35. Lanterns are not turned on at night to save on electricity.
36. Dogs are not allowed in the capital to keep the city clean.
37. North Korea is the most corrupt country in the world.
38. The country ranks third in the world in terms of the number of death sentences imposed.
39. According to historical literature, Kim Dzong Il was born in a hut inside a secret base on the most sacred mountain of Korea – Mt. Paekdu. At the time of its birth, the bright star began to shine in the sky, the season changed from winter to spring and a rainbow appeared. However, according to the Russians, he was born in the camp of guerrillas in Siberia.
40. People in North Korea believe that Kim Jong Il is the best golfer in the world, that he wrote 1,500 books over three years, and created six operas that are the most outstanding in the world. He also invented a hamburger sandwich. He learned to walk already in the 3rd week of life, and to speak in the eighth.
41. Kim Dzong Il ordered the abduction of a director from North Korea, who was to create a Godzilla film for him in the communist-propaganda version. However, the director managed to escape and the project was not implemented.
42. In 1950, Kim built an entire city called Kijong-Dong, called the peace village. It exists only for demonstration purposes, until today there are no inhabitants.
43. Kim Jong Il spent 850,000 dollars a year on alcohol.
44. In order to better present the country in the media, during all the various visits from the area, all low and disabled people were removed.
45. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 34 place,
– 2018 year – 18 place.
46. Number of soldiers:
– 2014 year – 690,000 professional and 4 500 000 reservists,
– 2018 year – 945 000 professional and 5,500,000 reservists.
47. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 6500 tanks, 2500 armored vehicles, 940 jet aircraft and 200 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 5240 tanks, 9935 armored vehicles, 942 jet aircraft and 202 helicopters.
48. Expenses for the army:
– 2014 year – $7,500,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $7,500,000,000 .
49. Maritime fleet …
– in 2014 , the year was around 164 ships, in 2018 the year is about 230 ships.
50. In North Korea, people must work 6 days a week. On Sunday, “good free” participate in various social actions.
51. You can only move around the country with a translator-assistant, who makes sure that tourists do not see too much.
52. Roads and place names are only in Korean.
53. Tourists on the border have to deposit all devices with GPS.
54. There is no tax system in this country.
55. Tourists can have a mobile phone with them if they buy a special phone card for making calls outside the country. It is not cheap, it costs over $50.
56. Tourists can not venture further than 50 km from the capital. Well, unless they get a special permit that is very difficult.
57. You can not take pictures that could show North Korea in a bad light.
58. The news reported that North Korea won the World Cup in Brazil.
59. The prices of groceries are among the highest in the world.
60. Most tourists can not use tourists.
61. There are many restaurants created especially for tourists. You can eat really delicious local dishes there. In cheap pubs due to a lack of compliance with hygiene rules, you can easily poison.
62. Tap water is not suitable for drinking.
63. A telephone connection with Poland costs about $10 per minute.
Author: W nieznane
64. It is best to visit this country in May or September. In the summer there is too much humidity and heat.
Author: W nieznane
65. In North Korea, marijuana is legal.
66. North Koreans can buy meat only on public holidays.
67. Korean soldiers use the US Navy ship captured in 1968.
68. Before the division of Korea took place, the city of Pyongyang was called East Jerusalem.
69. In this country, Christians consider themselves “anti-Communist spies.”
70. In September 1986, the leaders of the Polish state met with the authorities of North Korea in Pyongyang. The main point of the welcome ceremony was to show the image of Wojciech Jaruzelski created by Korean artists.
71. According to the official biography of Kim Dzon Ila, he never had to “empty”.
72. North Korea has the largest stadium in the world.
73. In the early 1970s, the North Korean economy was better developed than the South Korean economy
74. The minimum wage varies from 5,000 to 10,000 won per day (data from 2014).
75. The amount of income tax in North Korea is 25%.
76. In North Korea, an average adult consumes about 3.7 liters of pure alcohol a year.
77. The most drinks are spirit – 95%, and beer – 5%.
78. In this country, compulsory education lasts 11 years.
79. The beginning of education begins at the age of 7.
80. The national animal is a mythical Chollim.
81. The national tree is magnolia.
82. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 40 to 70 km / h.
83. Outside the built-up area, the permitted speed is 100 km / h.
84. In 2010, 2,614 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
85. 32% of the population suffer from malnourishment (around 8 050 000 people).
86. In North Korea, adulthood is reached at the age of 17.
87. In this country there are over 25 554 km of paved roads (0.04% of all roads in the world).
88. In this country there are 82 airports, 39 of the paved surface.
89. In this country there are over 5 242 km of railway tracks.
90. In Phenian there is a 22 km metro line (17 stations). It was opened in 1973. Annually, about 36 million people use it.
91. The national top-level domain is .kp . There are over 23 websites with such an extension.
92. The most popular pages with the extension .kp are: kcna.kp, naenara.com.kp and rodong.rep.kp.
93. About 14,000 (2018) accounts have been created on Facebook.
94. The gross domestic product (GDP) is $28,000,000,000 in 2015.
95. The internal debt at the beginning of 2015 was 0.4% GDP, or around: $112,000,000 .
96. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2014 year was around: $5,000,000,000 .
97. In this country the average adult person smokes 54 cigarettes a month.
98. In this country you can vote from the age of 17.
99. The highest building in North Korea is Ryugyŏng Hot’el in Pyongyang, 330 meters high (105 floors). It was built in 1992.
100. In this country, according to statistics, there are no people over 15 years of age who can not read or write.
101. The lowest temperature: -43,6 °C was measured in Chunggangjin.
102. The highest temperature: 39.6 °C was measured in Wonsan.
103. The most deadly disease in this country is tuberculosis.
104. The average life expectancy in this country is 68.4 years (women – 71.8 years and men – 64.8 years).
105. In this country, women can get married at the age of 17, and men aged 18.
106. A woman gives birth to 2 children on average
107. The average age of people living in this country is 33.6 years.
108. The country is around:
– 5 362 000 people (21.21%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 17 414 000 people (68.88%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 2 505 300 people (9.91%) over 65 years old.
109. In this country, about 367,000 children are born each year (1.5% of the population), and about 233,000 people die (0.9% of the population).
110. Left-hand traffic was in force until 1945.
111. In North Korea there are 25550 km2 of agricultural land (21% of the country).
112. 6 people in 1000 possess firearms.
113. Samjiyŏn is the highest located city in the country.
114. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1946.
115. He joined the United Nations on September 17, 1991.
116. The unemployment rate is 4.2% (data from 2018).
117. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 20%, and for companies 25% (2018).
118. The tax on goods and services is 15% (2018).