Capital : Yaren District
Language : Nauruan, English
Currency : Australian dollar
Population : 10 084
Area : 21 km2
1. The national top-level domain is .nr . There are over 280 websites with this extension.
2. The most popular pages with the extension .nr are: domai.nr, freedomain.co.nr and www.og.nr.
3. In this country there are more than 30 km of paved roads (0.00005% of all roads in the world).
4. There is only one airport in this country.
5. The Polish woman was once the First Lady on Nauru – as the wife of the president.
6. Full name of the country – Republic of Nauru.
7. Political system – republic.
Geography in Nauru
1. It is one of 11 countries in the world where no negative temperature has ever been recorded.
2. The country is 15,000 times smaller than Poland.
3. It is an island country, no land borders.
4. There are no rivers in this country.
5. The highest peak is Command Ridge, 71 m above sea level.
6. Uaboe is the highest located city in the country.
48. The nearest capital in a straight line from Yaren (no official capital) is Bairiki (Kiribati) – 703 km.
49. The furthest capital city in a straight line from Yaren (no official capital) is Monrovia (Liberia) – 19322 km.
Finance in Nauru
1. Gross domestic product (GDP) is $151,000,000 in 2015.
2. At the beginning of 2005 , foreign debt was around: $ 33,300,000 .
Law in Nauru
1. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
2. In this country there is no minimum wage set by the government.
3. In this country you can vote from the age of 20.
4. In this country, you can buy cigarettes from 16 years of age.
3. In this country, compulsory education lasts 11 years.
Work in Nauru
1. In this country there is no minimum wage set by the government.
2. The unemployment rate is 23% (data from 2011).
3. The work week is 40 hours.
Best in Nauru
1. The highest peak is Command Ridge, 71 m above sea level.
2. Uaboe is the highest located city in the country.
3. Nauru is the smallest independent republic in the world.
4. It has the highest percentage of obese people. Over 94% of the inhabitants of this country are overweight, while 45% suffer from diabetes.
5. The lowest temperature: 20.4 °C was measured at Yaren.
6. The highest temperature: 34.6 °C was measured in Yaren.
Society in Nauru
1. At Nauru, an average adult consumes about 3.5 liters of pure alcohol a year.
2. The most beer is beer – 85%, and wine – 15%.
3. 71% of adults living in this country are overweight.
4. In this country, women having their first child on average 22.1 years old.
5. On average, a woman gives birth to 2.9 children.
6. In this country over 5,000 (2015) 5 152 (2018) people have access to the internet ( around 51% of the population).
7. About 2,400 (2015) 2,700 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
8. The population density is 620 people / km2.
9. The main religion is Protestantism, 53%.
11. The average age of people living in this country is 25.7 years.
12. The country is around:
– 3,000 people (32.45%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 7,000 people (65.43%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 200 people (2.12%) over 65 years old.
13. In this country, about 250 children are born each year (2.5% of the population), and about 60 people die (0.6% of the population).
14. 100% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
15. In this country, an average adult smokes 52 cigarettes a month.
16. The average life expectancy in this country is 64.2 years (women – 68 years and men – 60.6 years).
Symbols of Nauru
1. The national anthem is one of four in the world whose words the woman wrote.
2. Nauru is the only country in the world that has no official capital. Yaren is unofficial.
Sport in Nauru
1. The most popular sport is Australian football.
History of Nauru
1. Rats were one of the means of payment.
2. Independence from Australia was obtained on January 31, 1968.
3. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1968.
What is the highest peak in Nauru?
The highest peak on Nauru is Command Ridge (71 m above sea level).
Which countries borders Nauru?
It is an island country, no terrestrial borders.
What is the average age of people living in this country?
The average age of people living in this country is 25.7 years.
What is the density of population in Nauru?
The population density is 480 people per km2.
What is the highest temperature recorded in this country?
The highest temperature: 34.6 ° C was measured in Yaren.
What is the lowest temperature recorded in this country?
The lowest temperature: 20.4 ° C was measured at Yaren.