11. Nauru is the smallest independent republic in the world.
12. It has the highest percentage of obese people. Over 94% of the inhabitants of this country are overweight, while 45% suffer from diabetes.
13. Nauru is one of the two countries in the world (the other is Switzerland), which has no official capital. Unofficial is Yaren.
Author: Turyst / poprawka mrmanek
14. A Pole was once the Nauru First Lady – as the wife of the president.
15. Rats were one of the means of payment.
16. It is one of 11 countries in the world where no negative temperature has ever been recorded.
17. In this country there is no minimum wage set by the government.
18. The unemployment rate is 23% (data from 2011).
19. At Nauru, an average adult consumes about 3.5 liters of pure alcohol a year.
20. The most beer is beer – 85%, and wine – 15%.
21. In this country, compulsory education lasts 11 years.
22. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
23. In this country there are over 30 km of paved roads (0.00005% of all roads in the world).
24. There is only one airport in this country.
25. In this country over
5,000 (2015) 5 152 (2018) people have access to the internet ( around 51% of the population).
2,400 (2015) 2,700 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
27. The national top-level domain is .nr . There are over 280 websites with such an extension.
28. The most popular pages with the extension .nr are: domai.nr, freedomain.co.nr and www.og.nr.
29. 71% of adults living in this country are overweight.
30. Gross domestic product (GDP) is $151,000,000 in 2015.
31. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2005 of the year was around: $33 300 000 .
32. In this country you can vote from the age of 20.
33. In this country, an average adult smokes 52 cigarettes a month.
34. The lowest temperature: 20.4 °C was measured at Yaren.
35. The highest temperature: 34.6 °C was measured in Yaren.
36. The average life expectancy in this country is 64.2 years (women – 68 years and men – 60.6 years).
37. In this country, women having their first child on average 22.1 years old.
38. 10 women give birth to 29 children on average
39. The average age of people living in this country is 25.7 years.
40. The country is around:
– 3,000 people (32.45%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 7,000 people (65.43%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 200 people (2.12%) over 65 years old.
41. In this country, about 250 children are born each year (2.5% of the population), and about 60 people die (0.6% of the population).
42. The national anthem is one of four in the world whose words the woman wrote.
43. In this country, you can buy cigarettes from 16 years of age.
44. Uaboe is the highest located city in the country.
45. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1968.
46. The work week is 40 hours.
47. 100% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.