11. 20 km from Grootfontein is the world’s largest meteorite, called Hoba. It is estimated that it fell 80,000 years ago. It weighs 50 tons, its chemical composition is 86% iron.
12. Namibia is the first country to consider environmental protection in its constitution.
13. Diogo Cao was the first European to reach Namibia. He accomplished this in 1485.
14. The Fish River Canyon is one of the largest canyons in the world, created 500 million years ago.
15. The indigenous inhabitants of the country are the population of San, commonly called Bushmen. To date, about 35,000 have survived, but few of them practice traditional customs.
Author: Turyst / poprawki: Anna (ekspert)
16. Dragon’s Breath in the Otjozondjupa region is the world’s largest underground lake with an area of 26,000 m².
17. The Namib Desert is considered the oldest in the world.
18. The country has the largest population of cheetahs. About 3,000 individuals.
19. The country has rich deposits of diamond, uranium and gold.
20. Rossing Uranium Mine in the twentieth century was the largest uranium mine in the world.
21. Etosha National Park is inhabited by the largest elephants in Africa, and black rhinoceroses, there are no African buffalo. It is one of the largest nature reserves in the world.
22. Women from the nomadic Himba tribe are all smeared with cow’s milk, plant extract, ash and ocher. Thanks to this, they protect the skin from insects.
23. They do not use water to wash or wash, instead, the body and clothes are incensed, protecting them from sun and drying.
Author: MR / poprawki: Anna (ekspert)
24. The tax-free amount is 60,000 ND.
25. The Namibian dollar has a parity with the rand of South Africa. The converter is always 1: 1. In Namibia you can pay rands South Africa, in South Africa you can not pay Namibian dollars.
26. Windhoek is the capital of Namibia and a popular beer. Water used for beer production comes from treated wastewater.
Author: Anna (ekspert)
27. In this country there is no minimum wage set by the government.
28. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 34% .
29. In Mongolia, an average person consumes about 6.9 liters of pure alcohol per year.
30. The most beer is beer – 97%, then spirit – 0.7%, wine – 0.3%, and other alcoholic beverages – 2%.
31. In this country, compulsory education lasts 11 years.
32. The beginning of education begins at the age of 7.
33. The average IQ level is 74.
34. In this country there are 18.1% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 382 467 people).
35. The national animal is an oryx antelope.
36. The change from daylight saving time to winter time (turning clockwise by one hour) is the first Sunday of April.
37. Built-up speed allowed 60 km / h.
38. Outside the built-up area, the permitted speed ranges from 80 to 120 km / h.
39. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.8 per mille.
40. In 2013, 400 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
41. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
42. There are over 281,000 motor vehicles registered in this country (133 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
43. 19% of the population suffer from malnourishment (about 400,000 people).
44. 45.7% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
45. In Namibia, adulthood is reached at the age of 21.
46. In this country there are more than 44 138 km of paved roads (0.07% of all roads in the world).
47. In this country there are 112 airports, 19 of the paved surface.
48. In this country there are more than 2 626 km of railway tracks.
49. In this country over
470,000 (2015) 797 027 (2018) people have access to the internet ( about 34% of the population).
470,000 (2015) 570,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
51. The country’s top-level domain is .na . There are over 3,490 websites with such an extension.
52. The most popular pages with the extension .na are: google.com.na, republikein.com.na and bankwindhoek.com.na.
53. The country has 2018 over year $2,083,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.014% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
54. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $13,070,000,000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $13,240,000,000 .
55. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 of the year was 23.6% GDP, or around: $3 084 520 000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 41.5% GDP, or around: $5 494 600 000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $2,600.
56. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2015 year was around: $5 993 000 000 .
57. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 45 cigarettes a month.
58. The lowest temperature: -10.5 °C was measured in Stampriet.
59. The highest temperature: 47.8 °C was measured in Noordoewer.
60. The most deadly disease in this country is HIV / AIDS.
61. The average life expectancy in this country is 61.1 years (women – 61.6 years and men – 60.4 years).
62. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 21.
63. In this country, women having their first child on average 21.5 years old.
64. 10 women give birth to 22 children on average
65. The average age of people living in this country is 23.1 years old.
66. The country is around:
– 719 000 people (30.95%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 1 501 000 people (64.56%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 104,400 people (4.49%) over 65 years old.
67. In this country, about 46,000 children are born each year (2.0% of the population), and about 32 300 people die (1.4% of the population).
68. Namibia is one of the three countries in the world where men live longer than women. The other two are: Botswana and Swaziland.
69. In Namibia there are 388090 km2 of agricultural land (47% of the country’s area).
70. 126 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
71. Windhoek is the highest city in the country.
72. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1989.
73. In this country, the formalities related to the establishment of the company last 95 days.
74. He joined the United Nations on April 23, 1990.
75. The work week is 45 hours.
76. 32% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
77. 75122 km2 of the country is covered by forests (9.1%)
78. The last death penalty was made in 1990.
79. Namibia ranks 126th in the ranking of the best armies in the world.
80. There are over 9,500 professional soldiers and 6000 reservists (2018).
81. Number of equipment:
– 2018 year – 10 tanks, 113 armored vehicles, 31 jet aircraft and 8 helicopters.
82. The army was allocated in 2018 over 120,000,000 dollars.
83. The naval fleet consists of over 8 ships (2018).
84. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 37%, and for companies – 32% (2018).
85. The tax on goods and services is 15% (2018).
86. The level of inflation in 2018 is 4.5%.