11. No piece of land in this country protrudes more than 2.3 meters above the level of the Indian Ocean. The average land height is only 1.5 m above sea level.
12. A golf course floating on the water was built in the Maldives. Three artificial islands are connected by underwater tunnels.
13. One third of the country lies below the ocean level. These areas are inhabited by 60% of the country’s population.
14. During heavy rains it is enough that the tide wave will rise by a few centimeters so that the areas are flooded for a few hundred meters inland.
15. To tell the world the problem of sinking states in a telling way, in 2000 President Nasheed, together with ministers in diving suits, organized the first ever governmental deliberation of the government.
16. It is the only country in the world that by 2020 plans to reduce emissions of carbon dioxide to zero.
17. Maldives can disappear from the face of the Earth in 100 years
18. In this country there is a record high divorce rate of nearly 11 divorces per 1000 inhabitants.
19. It is one of 11 countries in the world where no negative temperature has ever been recorded.
20. The minimum wage is fixed only in the government sector and amounts to 3,100 rupees per month (data from 2014).
21. The amount of income tax in the Maldives ranges from 8% to 15%.
22. In Maldives, an average adult consumes about 1.2 liters of pure alcohol per year.
23. The most is drinking spirit – 42%, then wine – 29%, and beer – 29%.
24. In this country, compulsory education lasts 7 years.
25. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
26. The average IQ level is 81.
27. The national tree is coconut palm.
28. The highest permitted speed of travel on roads is 30 km / h.
29. Zero tolerance for drivers driving a car “by glass”. You must have 0.0 promil.
30. In 2013, 12 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
31. In this country, more than 61,400 motor vehicles are registered (180 vehicles per 1 000 inhabitants).
32. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
33. 18% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
34. In this country there are over 88 km of paved roads (0.0001% of all roads in the world).
35. In this country over
236,000 (2015) 340,000 (2018) people have access to the internet ( about 100% of the population).
228,000 (2015) 320,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
37. The national top-level domain is .mv . There are over 890 websites with such an extension.
38. The most popular pages with the extension .mv are: google.mv, haveeru.com.mv and www.sun.mv.
39. The country has over $627 000 000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.0053% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
40. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $2,555,000,000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $4,600,000,000 .
41. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 year was 24.4% GDP, or around: $625 860 000 < ,
– 2018 of the year was 25.6% GDP, or around: $1,177,600,000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $3 451.
42. Foreign debt at the beginning …
– 2014 the year was around: $793,600,000 ,
– 2018 of the year is around: $1,188,000,000 .
43. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 14 cigarettes a month.
44. In this country there are 0.7% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 2,389 people).
45. The lowest temperature: 18.2 °C was measured at Hanimaadhoo.
46. The highest temperature: 34.2 °C was measured in Male.
47. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
48. The average life expectancy in this country is 75.6 years (women – 76.5 years and men – 74.6 years).
49. In this country there is no age limit for people who are getting married.
50. In this country, women have their first child on average 23.9 years old.
51. 10 women give birth to 17 children on average
52. The average age of people living in this country is 27.4 years old.
53. The country is around:
– 72 000 people (21.05%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 255 000 people (74.63%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 14 700 people (4.32%) over 65 years old.
54. In this country, about 5,400 children are born each year (1.6% of the population), and about 1,300 people die (0.4% of the population).
55. Maldives are the country where the highest number of divorces in the world comes (11 divorces per 1000).
56. In the Maldives, more people are killed as a result of a coconut hit than by an attack of sea creatures.
57. There are 70 km2 of agricultural land in Maldives (23% of the country).
58. 65 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
59. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1932.
60. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 13 days.
61. He joined the United Nations on September 21, 1965.
62. The work week is 48 hours.
63. 29% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
64. 9 km2 of the country is covered by forests (3%)
65. The unemployment rate is 5% (data from 2018).
66. In this country, the amount of income tax for individuals is 15%, and for companies 15% (2018).
67. The tax on goods and services is 6% (2018).
68. The level of inflation in 2018 is 0.3%.