Capital : Vaduz
Language : German
Currency : Swiss franc
Population : 37 623
Area : 160 km2
1. The change from summer to winter time (moving clockwise back one hour) is on the last Sunday in October.
2. The national top-level domain is .li . There are over 69,820 websites with this extension.
3. The most popular pages with the extension .li are: paper.li, identi.li and adv.li.
4. The kingdom of Liechtenstein is one of the 12 monarchies in Europe.
5. In this country there are more than 380 km of paved roads (0.001% of all roads in the world).
6. In this country there are about 9 km of railway tracks.
7. Full name of the country – Principality of Liechtenstein.
8. Political system – constitutional monarchy.
9. The average temperature is 0 ° C in January and 18 ° C in July.
Geography in Liechtenstein
1. Liechtenstein is a dual inland country, i.e. it borders only with other inland countries.
2. The lowest situated place in the country is Ruggeller Riet – 430 m above sea level.
3. Liechtenstein borders such countries as Austria 34.9 km, Switzerland 41.1 km.
4. Liechtenstein is the only German-speaking state not bordering Germany.
5. The only country located entirely in the Alps.
6. The country is 2,000 times smaller than Poland.
7. Rhine is the longest river.
8. The highest peak is Grauspitz, 2599 m.n.
9. There are 65 km2 of agricultural land in Liechtenstein (41% of the country).
10. The highest located town in the country is Rotenboden.
11. 69 km2 of the country is covered by forests (43.1%)
52. The nearest capital in a straight line from Vaduz is Bern (Switzerland) – 158 km.
53. The furthest capital city in a straight line from Vaduz is Wellington (New Zealand) – 18674 km.
Finance in Liechtenstein
1. The amount of income tax in Liechtenstein is 12.5%.
2. Gross domestic product (GDP) is $5,488,000,000 in 2015.
Law in Liechtenstein
1. The built-up speed limit is 50 km / h.
2. Outside the built-up area, the permitted speed is 80 km / h.
3. There is no minimum wage in Liechtenstein.
4. Men and women can retire at the age of 64.
5. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 18.
6. The last death penalty was carried out in 1785.
Education in Liechtenstein
1. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
2. The beginning of education begins at the age of 7.
3. In this country, according to statistics, there are no people over 15 years of age who can not read or write.
Work in Liechtenstein
1. There is no minimum wage in Liechtenstein.
2. The national average on hand is 6,530 francs per month (data from 2015).
3. The amount of income tax in Liechtenstein is 12.5%.
4. Men and women can retire at the age of 64.
5. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 2.2% .
6. The work week is 48 hours.
Best in Liechtenstein
1. The lowest situated place in the country is Ruggeller Riet – 430 m above sea level.
2. Rhine is the longest river.
3. Liechtenstein is one of the richest countries in the world.
4. The highest peak is Grauspitz, 2599 m.n.
5. The highest located town in the country is Rotenboden.
6. The lowest temperature: -30 °C was measured in Malbun.
7. The highest temperature: 37.4 °C was measured in Ruggel.
Army in Liechtenstein
1. Liechtenstein does not have its own army. External security is provided to the state by Switzerland.
Society in Liechtenstein
1. Men and women can retire at the age of 64.
2. On average, a woman gives birth to 1.7 children.
3. In this country over 35 500 (2015) 37 322 (2018) people have access to the internet ( about 100% of the population).
4. About 12,000 (2015) 14,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
5. The population density is 215 people / km2.
6. The main religion is Christianity, 75%.
7. The average age people living in this country is 42.7 years.
8. The country is around:
– 6,000 people (15.54%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 25,000 people (67.96%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 6,200 people (16.5%) who are over 65 years old.
9. In this country, about 390 children are born each year (1.0% of the population), and about 270 people die (0.7% of the population).
10. 22% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
11. The average life expectancy in this country is 80.3 years (women – 83.8 years and men – 76.9 years).
12. The Liechtenstein flag from the Haiti flag differs only in the crown, which was added in 1937.
History of Liechtenstein
1. During World War II, Liechtenstein, despite not taking part in the war, suffered huge losses and almost disappeared from the map. It survived thanks to the selfless help of the Swiss, who provided food to the population, even though they did not have much.
2. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1984.
3. He joined the United Nations on September 18, 1990.
What is the highest peak in Liechtenstein?
The highest peak in Liechtenstein is Grauspitz (2599 m above sea level).
What is the largest river in Liechtenstein?
The Rhine is the largest river in Liechtenstein.
Which Liechtenstein has national colors?
National colors: blue and red.
Which countries borders Liechtenstein?
Liechtenstein borders on such countries as: Austria 34.9 km, Switzerland 41.1 km.
What is the average age of people living in this country?
The average age of people living in this country is 42.7 years.
What is the population density in Liechtenstein?
The population density is 234 people per km2.
What is the highest temperature recorded in this country?
The highest temperature: 37.4 ° C was measured in Ruggel.
What is the lowest temperature recorded in this country?
The lowest temperature: -30 ° C was measured in Malbun.
With how many years can you legally buy alcohol?
In this country, alcohol can be bought at 16-18. Beer and wine for 16 years, vodka for 18 years.