11. Kiribati is the first country entering the New Year. New Year’s Eve midnight breaks at 11 am Polish time.
12. It is predicted that the islands of which the country is composed will be completely flooded by the ocean by 2050.
13. It is the most extensive country in Oceania. It consists of three groups of islands: Line, Phoenix and Gilbert.
14. The islands are scattered over an area of 2,000 kilometers from north to south and almost 4,000 kilometers from east to west.
15. One of the biggest problems of this country is that the ocean floods the source of fresh water.
16. In this country there is a village called Poland. It was named after Stanisław Pełczyński, a Pole, who helped the natives irrigate palm plantations.
17. It is one of 11 countries in the world where no negative temperature has ever been recorded.
18. The contractual minimum wage is $1.6 per hour (data from 2014).
19. The unemployment rate is 38.2% (data from 2006).
20. At Kiribati, on average, an adult consumes about 3 liters of pure alcohol per year.
21. The most drinks are spirits – 61%, then beer – 37%, and wine – 2%.
22. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
23. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
24. The average IQ level is 85.
25. Built-up speed allowed is 40 km / h.
26. Outside the built-up area, the permitted speed is 60 km / h.
27. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.8 per mille.
28. In 2013, 3 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
29. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
30. In this country, over 3,400 motor vehicles are registered (30 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
31. 34.7% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
32. In this country there are over 670 km of paved roads (0.001% of all roads in the world).
33. In this country there are 19 airports, 4 of the paved surface.
34. In this country over
12 900 (2015) 15 947 (2018) people have access to the internet ( around 14% of the population).
8 400 (2015) 10,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
36. The national top-level domain is .ki . There are over 370 websites with such an extension.
37. The most popular pages with the extension .ki are: tal.ki, coo.ki and google.ki.
38. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $170,000,000 ,
– 2018 is $200,000,000 .
39. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2014 year was around: $13,600,000 .
40. 46% of adults living in this country are overweight.
41. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 2 cigarettes a month.
42. The lowest temperature: 18.3 °C was measured in Tabuaeran.
43. The highest temperature: 35.6 °C was measured at Banaba.
44. The average life expectancy in this country is 63.2 years (women – 66.5 years and men – 60.1 years).
45. In this country, women having their first child on average 23.1 years old.
46. 10 women give birth to 25 children on average
47. The average age people living in this country is 23.9 years old.
48. The country is around:
– 35,000 people (30.77%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 74,000 people (65.17%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 4,600 people (4.06%) over 65 years old.
49. In this country, about 2,400 children are born annually (2.1% of the population), and about 810 people die (0.7% of the population).
50. There are 340 km2 of agricultural land in Kiribati (42% of the country).
51. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1967.
52. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 21 days.
53. He joined the UN on September 14, 1999.
54. 47% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
55. 22 km2 of the country is covered by forests (2.7%)
56. The last death penalty was made in 1979.