Capital : South Tarawa
Language : English, Gilbertese
Currency : Kiribati dollar, Australian dollar
Population : 113 400
Area : 811 km2
1. This country has more than 3,400 motor vehicles (30 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
2. The national top-level domain is .ki . There are over 370 websites with this extension.
3. The most popular pages with the extension .ki are tal.ki, coo.ki and google.ki.
4. In this country there are more than 670 km of paved roads (0.001% of all roads in the world).
5. The country has 19 airports, 4 of the paved surface.
6. There is no river network on all islands.
7. Full name of the country – Republic of Kiribati.
8. Political system – republic.
9. The average temperature is 28 ° C in January and 28 ° C in July.
Geography in Kiribati
1. In this country there is a village called Poland. It was named after Stanisław Pełczyński, a Pole, who helped the natives irrigate palm plantations.
2. Kiribati is the first country entering the New Year. New Year’s Eve midnight breaks at 11 am Polish time.
3. It is an island country, no land borders.
4. It is predicted that the islands of which the country is composed will be completely flooded by the ocean by 2050.
5. It is the most extensive country in Oceania. It consists of three groups of islands: Line, Phoenix and Gilbert.
6. The islands are scattered over an area of 2,000 kilometers from north to south and almost 4,000 kilometers from east to west.
7. One of the biggest problems of this country is that the ocean floods the source of fresh water.
8. It is one of 11 countries in the world where no negative temperature has ever been recorded.
9. The country is 385 times smaller than Poland.
10. The highest peak is on the island of Banaba and is 81 m above sea level. He has no name.
11. There are 340 km2 of agricultural land in Kiribati (42% of the country).
12. 22 km2 of the country is covered by forests (2.7%)
57. The nearest capital in a straight line from Bairiki is Majuro (Marshall Islands) – 664 km.
58. The furthest capital city in a straight line from Bairiki is Yamoussoukro (Ivory Coast) – 19089 km.
Finance in Kiribati
1. Gross domestic product (GDP) …
– in 2015 it is $ 170,000,000 (PLN 727,600,000), < br> – in 2018 it is $ 200,000,000 (PLN 856,000,000).
2. At the beginning of 2014 , foreign debt was around: $ 13,600,000 .
Law in Kiribati
1. Built-up speed allowed is 40 km / h.
2. Outside the built-up area, the permitted speed is 60 km / h.
3. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.8 per mille.
4. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
5. The contractual minimum wage is $1.6 per hour (data from 2014).
6. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 21 days.
7. The last death penalty was made in 1979.
Education in Kiribati
1. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
2. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
3. The average IQ level is 85.
Work in Kiribati
1. The contractual minimum wage is $1.6 per hour (data from 2014).
2. The unemployment rate is 38.2% (data from 2006).
3. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 21 days.
Best in Kiribati
1. The highest peak is on the island of Banaba and is 81 m above sea level. He has no name.
2. The lowest temperature: 18.3 °C was measured in Tabuaeran.
3. The highest temperature: 35.6 °C was measured at Banaba.
Society in Kiribati
1. At Kiribati, on average, an adult consumes about 3 liters of pure alcohol per year.
2. The most drinks are spirits – 61%, then beer – 37%, and wine – 2%.
3. In 2013, 3 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
4. 34.7% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
5. The average IQ level is 85.
6. 46% of adults living in this country are overweight.
7. In this country, women having their first child on average 23.1 years old.
8. On average, women give birth to 2.5 children.
9. In this country over 12 900 (2015) 15 947 (2018) people have access to the internet ( around 14% of the population).
10. About 8 400 (2015) 10,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
11. The population density is 125 people / km2.
12. The main religion is Catholicism: 43%.
13. The average age people living in this country is 23.9 years old.
14. The country is around:
– 35,000 people (30.77%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 74,000 people (65.17%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 4,600 people (4.06%) over 65 years old.
15. In this country, about 2,400 children are born annually (2.1% of the population), and about 810 people die (0.7% of the population).
16. 47% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
17. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 2 cigarettes a month.
18. The average life expectancy in this country is 63.2 years (women – 66.5 years and men – 60.1 years).
Symbols of Kiribati
1. The motto of the country – “Health, Peace and Success.”
History of Kiribati
1. Independence from Great Britain was obtained on July 12, 1979.
2. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1967.
3. He joined the UN on September 14, 1999.
What is the highest peak in Kiribati?
The highest peak in Kiribati is the unnamed elevation on the island of Banaba (81 m above sea level).
Which countries borders Kiribati?
It is an island country, no terrestrial borders.
What is the average age of people living in this country?
The average age of people living in this country is 23.9 years.
What is the population density in Kiribati?
The population density is 140 people per km2.
What is the motto of this country?
The motto of the country – “Health, Peace and Success.”
What is the highest temperature recorded in this country?
The highest temperature: 35.6 ° C was measured at Banaba.
What is the lowest temperature recorded in this country?
The lowest temperature: 18.3 ° C was measured in Tabuaeran.