1. The mass of Jupiter is about one thousandth of the mass of the Sun.
2. Jupiter is 318 times the size of Earth.
3. Jupiter consists of 3/4 hydrogen and 1/4 helium.
4. Currently, 69 moons of Jupiter are known.
5. The four largest moons of Jupiter were discovered in 1610 by Galileo.
6. The largest moon Ganymede has a larger area than the planet Mercury.
7. Maja Jowisza is 2.5 times bigger than all other planets in the Solar System.
8. The atmosphere of Jupiter is 5,000 km high.
9. The wind on Jupiter blows at 360 km / h.
10. The magnetic field of Jupiter is 14 times stronger than the terrestrial field.
11. There are diamond rains on Jupiter.
12. The diameter of Jupiter decreases by 2cm per year. It is estimated that when it was created it had diameters twice as large as at present.
13. Jupiter has no ball shape, it is flattened in proportions 10 to 9.
14. On the moon of Jupiter Io, the largest eruption of the volcano was recorded, covering an area with a diameter of over 400 km.
15. The mass of Jupiter is greater than the mass of the remaining planets in the Solar System.
16. In Japanese, the day of the week “Thursday” means the name of the planet Jupiter.