This is an acute infectious disease caused by an influenza virus.
Influenza interesting facts
1. Influenza is transmitted by droplet.
2. The flu lasts about 5 days.
3. Influenza requires global epidemiological coordination due to the fact that it causes significant social costs, which sometimes have continental or global coverage
4. There are 3 types of influenza virus.
5. Group A virus occurs only in humans and animals, i.e. pigs, horses, seals, mink, whales and birds.
6. Group B virus is only found in humans.
7. Group C virus is found only in humans and pigs.
8. The first time the flu was described by Hippocrates in 412 BC.
9. The stomach flu has nothing to do with the flu virus.
10. Influenza can last up to 17 days on banknotes.
11. In 1933, the “human” influenza virus was first isolated from the ferret.
[contact-form-7 id="2444" title="add"]
What are the symptoms of influenza?
The symptoms of flu are: fever, chills, pain in the joints and muscles.
How to treat flu?
You have to lie in bed, drink a lot, take fever and anti-inflammatory agents. In the treatment of influenza, it is also useful to use syrup to dilute the secretion.
When was the last flu pandemic?
The last influenza pandemic took place in 2009-2010, it was caused by the H1N1 strain. 105 700 – 400,000 people died directly from the pandemic and further 46 000 – 179 000 due to complications.
What are the complications of untreated flu?
Eg inflammation: lungs, bronchi, larynx, sinuses or cardiac muscle.
Is it possible to protect against flu?
One of the ways (which has been successfully used for a long time) is a systematic drinking purge. It contains polyphenols that stick together viruses and bacteria, thus preventing their connection to the cell membrane.