11. India is the largest democratic country in the world.
12. The left hand is considered unclean and is never used to eat.
13. It is illegal to export outside the national currency.
14. It is the second most populous country in the world.
15. Some inhabitants of the country, in order not to pollute the elements of fire, water, earth and air, leave bodies of the dead in buildings called “Towers of Silence”, where they are devoured by vultures.
16. In India there are more than 32,000 murders a year.
17. There is the highest abortion rate in the world.
18. Over a million residents are millionaires, but most Indians live on less than two dollars a day.
19. Cows are considered sacred. Often you can meet them freely walking around the cities.
20. India was the first country to supply the world with cotton.
21. The wife’s termination of her husband’s name is considered disrespectful.
22. The most common diseases are rabies and diarrhea.
23. India is the world’s largest producer of dried beans.
24. India has the largest postal network in the world (over 150,000 post offices).
25. Dance is one of the most developed arts in India.
26. Each of the major world religions is represented in India.
27. Introduced by the British – cricket, is the most popular sport.
28. India has the world’s largest film industry – Bollywood.
29. Almost all Bollywood films are musicals.
30. To emphasize the truthfulness of their words, they often catch one ear.
31. The national fruit is mango, the harvest is about 12 million tons per year.
32. India has the most dairy in the world.
33. Over one million employees work in the state railway in India.
34. Wasting food is unacceptable.
35. Most Indians wash their hands, feet and face before eating.
36. The national animal is the Bengal tiger.
37. The funeral clothes are white.
38. India is the world’s largest producer of tea.
39. Taj Mahal has built 22,000 workers for 22 years.
40. India is the largest, oldest and longest existing civilization in the world.
41. Nobody has invaded this country for the last 1,000 years.
42. In India, a number system was invented.
43. There are 300,000 active mosques in India.
44. India is the cradle of chess.
45. In this country, as one of the few in the world, independence was gained without violence.
46. Yoga has its roots in India and has existed for over 5,000 years.
47. 42% of the world’s poor population is inhabited by India.
48. Cherrapnui is the most wet area in the world. Annually 425 cm of rain falls there.
49. India has 568 million registered voters.
50. India is one of the largest exporters of computer software (supplying as many as 90 countries).
51. Before 1986, India was the only place in the world where diamonds could be found.
52. The name “India” comes from the Indus River.
53. Algebra, trigonometry and accounting come from this country.
54. Every fourth inhabitant of this country can not even write his name.
55. On the outskirts of the city of Puri there was a colony of over 100 lepers. They were only on each other. It was not until 1976 that the Polish missionary Marian Żelazek went to help. Today 600 families live in neat homes, they have medical care and work.
56. In fear that single women may be attractive to other men, they are expelled by families. They are forced to make pilgrimages to remote places of the country.
57. Vrindavan is a widows’ city. At 56 thousand inhabitants, 20 thousand are widows.
58. Widows can only wear white robes, they are not allowed to wear any ornaments.
59. In the city of Delhi, a ban on the use of plastic bags was completely banned. The penalty of up to five years imprisonment and more than $1 500 is punishable by breaking this provision.
60. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 4 place,
– 2018 year – 4 place.
61. Number of soldiers:
– 2014 year – 1,300,000 professional and 2,100,000 reservists ,
– 2018 year – 1 362 500 professional and 2 844 700 reservists .
62. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 3500 tanks, 5000 armored vehicles, 1700 jet aircraft and 500 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 4425 tanks, 3145 armored vehicles, 2180 jet aircraft and 720 helicopters.
63. Expenses for the army:
– 2014 year – $46,000,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $47,000,000,000 .
64. Maritime fleet …
– in 2014 of the year it was about 46 ships, in 2018 the year is about 45 ships.
65. India has about 90 nuclear warheads.
66. Already in the fifth century AD, India was invented a zero.
67. In India, the beginning of the school year depends on the climate prevailing in the area.
68. In this country you can marry a dog.
69. In Bombay billionaire Mukesh Ambani is building the most expensive house in the world, which will have 27 floors and more than 40,000 m2. It will cost over $2 billion.
70. In India, one person dies every 30 seconds because of rabies.
71. In India, the liturgical objects in the temples are cleaned with cow droppings.
72. The air in Mumbai is so polluted that breathing it for one day can be compared with burning out 5 packs of cigarettes.
73. In India, rupee banknotes are printed that aim to fight corruption.
74. In the state of Meghalaya, so-called living bridges with splayed tree roots. Construction takes about 15 years.
75. In April 1986, in Gopalganj, 92 people and thousands of animals were killed during a hailstorm. The weight of the frozen balls falling from the sky reached a kilogram.
76. In Delhi, there is an iron column on which there is no trace of rust, although it has been standing here for 1600 years.
77. More restaurants with Indian dishes are in London than jointly in Delhi and Bombay.
78. India, as the first Asian country in 2013, sent a rocket to Mars.
79. Tata Nano is the cheapest car in the world produced since 2008 in India. The new model costs about $1 5000.
80. In the southern part of India, the most beautiful spider in the world lives – the tarantula Poecilotheria Metallica.
81. India is one of the world’s largest producers of tea, butter, banana, milk, red beans.
82. The minimum wage varies from 150 rupees (about 8.9 zlotys) per day to 361 rupees (about 21 zlotys) per day depending on the region (data from 2014).
83. The amount of income tax in India is 30%.
84. Men and women can retire at the age of 60.
85. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 3.5% .
86. 90 Indivities have accumulated assets greater than a billion US dollars.
87. The richest of them is Mukesh Ambani with assets worth over $21 billion.
88. In India, an average person consumes about 4.3 liters of pure alcohol per year.
89. The national alcohol is rum, Feni and Toddy.
90. The most drinks are spirit – 93%, then beer – 6.9%, and wine – 0.1%.
91. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
92. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
93. The average IQ level is 82.
94. National animals include the royal Bengal tiger, Indian peacock, king cobra and Indian elephant.
95. The national fruit is mango.
96. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 50 to 70 km / h.
97. Outside the built-up area, the speed limit on the normal road is 80 km / h, and on highways from 80 to 120 km / h.
98. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.3 per mille.
99. In 2013, 137 572 people lost their lives due to traffic accidents.
100. 4.7% of fatal accidents caused people who were under the influence of alcohol.
101. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
102. In this country, more than 159,491,000 vehicles are registered (124 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
103. 24% of the population suffer from malnourishment (around 307.7 million people).
104. 58% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
105. On November 25, 1839, the country went through a cyclone. who killed over 300,000 people.
106. In 2015, over 2,500 people died because of the heat in India.
107. In this country there are over 4,865,000 km of paved roads including over 1,324 km of expressways (7.57% of all roads in the world).
108. In this country there are 346 airports, 253 with paved surface.
109. The largest airport in India is located in Delhi. Annually over 39 million people use it.
110. In this country there are more than 63,974 km of railway tracks.
111. Delhi has a 213 km metro line (156 stations). It was opened in 2002. Approximately 870 million people use it annually.
112. There are metro lines in seven Indian cities.
113. In this country, over
375,000,000 (2015) 462 124 989 (2018) people have access to internet (about 36% of the population).
136 000 000 (2015) 251,000,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
115. The average speed of fixed internet is 2.5 Mb / s, and the maximum speed is 18.7 Mb / s (data from the end of 2015).
116. The national top-level domain is .in . There are over 1 535 300 websites with such an extension.
117. The most popular pages with the extension .in are: google.co.in, blogspot.in and ebay.in.
118. The country has 2018 over $400,880,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (3% of foreign currency reserves of all countries the world).
119. India has 557,600 kg of gold reserves (2018).
120. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $2,247,580,000,000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $2,577,000,000 .
121. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 year was 66.1% GDP, or around: $1 485 650 380 000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 68.7% GDP, or around: $1 784 139 000 000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give about $1 392.
122. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2015 year was around: $459,100,000,000 .
123. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 8 cigarettes a month.
124. A building with a planned height of 442 meters (117 floors) is being built in Mumbai. Completed to be in 2016, It will be the tallest residential building in the world.
125. There are more than 1,596 buildings in Mumbai with a height exceeding 35 meters.
126. There are currently 57 “skyscrapers” in Mumbai (buildings with a height of over 150 meters).
127. In this country there are 27.9% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 357 722 640 people).
128. In India, according to statistics, an average of one person reads 92 minutes a day. This is the best result in the world.
129. The lowest temperature: -52 °C was measured in Dras.
130. The highest temperature: 50.6 °C was measured in Alwar.
131. In 1860 in Meghalaya, 26.47 meters of rain fell within 365 days.
132. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
133. The average life expectancy in this country is 64.2 years (women – 65.7 years and men – 62.8 years).
134. 11 Indian citizens received the Nobel Prize.
135. In this country, women can get married at the age of 18, and men aged 21.
136. In this country, women having their first child on average 19.9 years old.
137. 10 women give birth to 25 children on average
138. The average age of people living in this country is 27.3 years.
139. The country is around:
– 360 959 000 people (28.09%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 847 593 000 people (65.96%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 76 458 100 people (5.95%) over 65 years old.
140. In this country, about 25 122 000 children are born annually (2.0% of the population), and about 9,410,000 people die (0.7% of the population).
141. In this country, a ban on keeping dolphins in captivity has been introduced.
142. In 2015, 5% of fatal accidents were caused by people driving under the influence of alcohol.
143. The percentage share in the global economy of India in 2015 is 2.74% (for comparison, Poland’s share is 0.74%, and the United States – 23.32%).
144. Living in India Nanu Ram at the age of 90 he became the father of a child, becoming the oldest father in the world.
145. Police officers with mustaches earn more, people pay more respect to them.
146. There are 9 known terrorist organizations in India.
147. In this country, a person who is 7 years old is subject to criminal liability.
148. There are 1800000 km2 of agricultural land in India (63% of the country).
149. 42 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
150. The highest located city in the country is Hikkim.
151. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1947.
152. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 35 days.
153. He joined the United Nations on October 30, 1945.
154. The work week is 48 hours.
155. 28% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
156. 677598 km2 of the country is covered by forests (23.7%)
157. In this country there are urinals on the streets near the walls in poorer cities.
158. In this country, the amount of income tax for individuals is 35.54%, and for companies 35% (2018).
159. The tax on goods and services is 18% (2018).
160. The level of inflation in 2018 is 4.2%.
161. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 43,520 ₹.