1. The horse was domesticated in Kazakhstan for about 3,500 years BC.
2. It is the most popular draft animal.
3. Wałach is a castrated male.
4. The stallions are mainly bred for breeding.
5. The horses are constantly growing their teeth about 4mm per year, they are systematically rubbed about 2 mm per year by grinding food with teeth.
6. Through the number of teeth, their condition and shape, we are able to determine the age of the horse.
7. Colts have 24 milk teeth.
8. The construction and arrangement of the horse’s stomach prevents him from vomiting.
9. Przewalski’s horse is the only race of a horse that has not been domesticated.
10. The male horse is called a stallion, and the female mare.
11. The horse can walk and run a few hours after birth.
12. The oldest horse – Old Billy lived 62 years.
13. The horse, in a moment of gallop, has all legs in the air.
14. By placing the eyes on the sides, the horse can see the area at an angle of over 300 degrees.
15. The horse’s brain is 2 times smaller than the human one.
16. Horse teeth take up more space in the head than the brain.
17. The horse’s skeleton consists of 205 bones.
18. Horses can sleep standing up.
19. Around 60 million horses live in the world.
20. In 2003, the horse was cloned for the first time in Italy.
21. Araby is the oldest preserved race of horses in the world. It appeared about 4,500 years ago.
22. The smallest pony in the world was Einstein. He was 35.5 cm tall and weighed 2.7 kg.
23. The highest horse in the world – Big Jake is 210.2 cm tall.
24. The largest shire horse ever in the 19th century was 230 cm tall at the shoulder and weighed 1.5 tons.
25. American Pharoah, who has won many prestigious races many times, can fertilize some mare for only 200,000 dollars. Owners in this business earn over USD 30 million annually.
26. Napoleon Vazir’s horse has been stuffed and stands in the Army Museum in Paris.
27. The Curly American living in North America has a curly fur.
28. The horse has one bone less than a human (205).
29. Lee Pearson, who has won the gold medal of the Paralympic Games in dressage 10 times, is allergic to horses.
30. An adult horse to function normally only needs 3 hours of sleep per day.
31. The horse can reach 15 horsepower for a short time during a gallop.
32. Horses do not have a gall bladder.
33. The Fallabella pony is the smallest breed of ponies.
34. Horse riding is 28 times more dangerous than using ecstasy.