1. The weight of an adult person is about 300 g.
2. The heart capacity of an adult person is about 270 cm3.
3. The heart of a man at rest beats about 72 times per minute.
4. Heart cardiologist is a specialist in heart issues.
5. A woman has a greater heart during pregnancy.
6. The most common cause of death in the world is cardiac disease (30%).
7. Athletes have a bigger heart than the average person.
8. The heart of birds is similar in shape and structure to the heart of mammals.
9. Many flying birds have big hearts. In some species, the weight of the heart is even over 15% of body weight.
10. In humans, the proportion is much larger. The ratio of body weight to weight is about 1 to 175.
11. The smaller a bird, the faster it beats its heart.
12. The hummingbird’s heart can beat up to 1200 times per minute.
13. The first internal body that arises in a human is the heart. This is already on day 21 from conception. Interestingly, it does not have an educated brain or nervous system at the time, so it is not known what gives the heart a boost.