Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity facts
1. The first finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity began on January 3, 1993.
2. On January 15, 2017, a record amount of PLN 105,570,801 was raised.
3. According to the 2014 polls, the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity is known by over 97% of Poles. 87% trust.
4. On July 4, 2010, an additional campaign was organized under the name “Stop floods!”. PLN 2 644 507 collected. The money was intended for co-financing units of the State Fire Service.
5. During the “Stop Flows!” handed out blue hearts.
6. The auction in which the winner could spend the day with Donald Tusk in Brussels reached PLN 370,200.
7. In May 2013, the foundation donated 125 Braille machines, blind children from Rwanda.
8. The Foundation runs the program “We Save and Teach Rescue”, which aims to show children from the first grades of elementary school the basic life-saving activities. Teachers from over 90% of primary schools in Poland were trained.
9. On 1 September 2004, the foundation received the status of a public benefit organization.
10. Since 2012, a motorcycle made in the United States by a mechanic Paul Teteul Jr., known from the television program “American Chopper”, is being auctioned. The winner may use it for one year for the next auction. In 2017, it was necessary to pay for it PLN 230,100.
11. For the auction of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity in 2017, President Andrzej Duda together with his wife Agata issued a photo from which all Internet was laughing (greeting Mrs. President with a bishop at the airport in Balice). The winner of the auction paid PLN 200,000.
12. At the GOCC auction, Rafał Sonik quad for 150,000 PLN, where he took part in the first Dakar Rally.
13. Lunch with Robert Lewandowski was auctioned in 2017 for 101 301 PLN.
14. The most expensive Golden Heart was sold in January 2010 for PLN 1 110 000.
15. In 2007 Marta Wiśniewska, known as Mandaryna, paid PLN 550,000 to the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity.
16. The Gadu-Gadu instant messenger operator offers a GG number for the auction, corresponding to the number of the Orchestra Finale being held. The number 20 was sold for PLN 50,100.
17. The transmission from the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity can be followed on TVP, TVN and Canal +, as well as on Polish Radio.
18. In 2012, the National Bank of Poland introduced 1 million zlotys and 60,000 zlotys 10 zlotys to circulation, commemorating the 20th anniversary of the operation of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity.
19. At the end of the day at the Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw there is a fireworks display, called the Light to Heaven.
20. By 2010, the amount of money collected was given in dollars.
21. From 2014, the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity’s volunteers are equipped with payment terminals.
22. In 2018, approximately 120,000 volunteers will collect money.
23. On January 13, 2019, in Gdansk, just before 8 pm, during the “Light to Heaven” of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity, a man with a knife ran in on the stage and several times he stabbed the Mayor of Gdańsk, Paweł Adamowicz.
Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity questions