Graphene is a unique material that could revolutionize technological progress.
It is a flat structure composed of carbon atoms connected in hexagons.
It has a monatomic thickness which means it is a two-dimensional material.
How much is graphene?
Graphene is a monatomic material, which means it has no volume. When determining the size of graphene, its surface is given.
Graphene occurs naturally?
Graphene does not occur naturally.
How Much Does Graphene Cost?
The price of graphene ranges from $ 50 to $ 200 per gram.
Graphene interesting facts
1. Graphene is the lightest and strongest material on Earth. It’s hard to imagine, but it is 100 times stronger than steel, having 6 times less weight.
2. Graphene, like diamond, is made of 100% carbon.
3. Until the early 1980s, it was assumed that two-dimensional materials such as graphene could not exist.
4. Graphene is shaped like a honeycomb.
5. Andrey Gejm and Konstantin Nowosiołow from the University of Manchester received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2010 for their research on graphene.
6. Graphene is a very good conductor of heat and electricity (it has much better parameters than silver).
7. It is extremely resistant to stretching (130 GPA). For comparison, kevlar has a strength of 0.4 Gpa. To illustrate this, a net 0.1 mm thick could hold an elephant.
8. A membrane made of oxidized graphene traps gases while allowing water to pass through it. This property will allow you to desalinate sea water in a cheap and extremely efficient way.
9. Graphene can be stretched 20% of its length and bent an infinite number of times in every possible direction without the risk of cracking.
10. Graphene has antibacterial properties.
[contact-form-7 id="2444" title="add"]