Description added soon…
Language : French
Currency : Euro
Population : 66 821 000
Area : 640 679 km2
1. The change from summer to winter time (moving clockwise back one hour) is on the last Sunday in October.
2. Of the approximately 6,000 names of squares, streets and squares of Paris, 17 are associated with Poland.
3. 29% of fatal accidents were caused by people under the influence of alcohol.
4. Over 42 792 000 motor vehicles are registered in this country (637 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
5. The national top-level domain is .fr . There are over 2 559 340 websites with this extension.
6. The most popular pages with the extension .fr are google.fr, amazon.fr and leboncoin.fr.
7. High-speed TGV trains between 300 cities reach speeds of 300 km / h.
8. In 2015, as many as 29% of fatal accidents were caused by people driving under the influence of alcohol.
9. In this country there are over 1 028 446 km of paved roads including over 11 882 km of express roads (1.6% of all roads in the world).
10. The country has 464 airports, 294 with a paved surface.
11. In this country there are over 29 640 km of railway tracks.
12. In six French cities there are metro lines Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Paris, Rennes and Toulouse).
13. French nuclear power plants produce so much energy that they must be sold abroad.
14. In Burgundy, a castle has been built since 1996, for which only tools known in the Middle Ages are used. It is to be completed in 2022.
15. Near the Eiffel Tower there is a Statue of Liberty 4 times smaller than the original, 11.5 m high.
16. France is the cradle of artistic music.
17. A visit to a specialist doctor costs over 50 euros, and a day of treatment in a hospital from 500 to even 1500 euros.
18. French cuisine is considered one of the best in the world.
19. In this country there are vending machines where you can buy fresh bread and a bottle of wine.
20. Vending machines where books can be bought are popular in Paris.
21. The average speed of fixed-line internet is 8.2 Mb / s and the maximum is 38.9 Mb / s (data from the end of 2015).
22. This country is one of the founders of the European Union.
23. There are over 12,000 km of highways and expressways in this country.
24. There is a well-developed tram network in large cities.
25. Full name of the country – French Republic.
26. Political system – democracy.
27. There are over 11,000 km of motorways in France.
28. In France: a balloon, parachute, submarine was invented.
29. Shortly after construction, the Eiffel Tower was to be demolished and sold for scrap.
30. The Eiffel Tower is painted every 7 years.
Geography in France
1. The lowest situated place in the country is the River Rhône – 2 m.p.p.
2. France is the only self-sufficient agricultural country in Europe.
3. France borders with such countries as: Andorra 56.6 km, Belgium 620 km, Germany 451 km, Italy 488 km, Luxembourg 73 km, Monaco 4.4 km, Spain 623 km, Switzerland 573 km.
4. France is famous for its numerous castles, palaces and mansions. There are over 40,000 of them.
5. The country is 1.8 times larger than Poland.
6. The longest river is the Loara, 1020 km.
7. The highest peak is Mont Blanc 4808 m above sea level.
8. The record heatwave that struck Europe in 2003, from August 1 to August 20, killed 14,802 people in this country.
9. In France there are 290900 km2 of agricultural land (45% of the country).
10. The highest situated town in the country is Saint-Véran.
11. 156352 km2 of the country is covered by forests (24.4%)
12. Victor Hugo Street is in every city.
13. In France there is the highest peak in Europe – Mount Blanc.
14. France is the most-visited country in the world – 75 million tourists a year.
15. 20% of France’s territory is outside Europe, in 12 different time zones.
16. On the Guadelou Islands on November 26, 1970, it was measured that within a minute of “cloudbursting” 38mm of rain fell.
163. The nearest capital in a straight line from Paris is Brussels (Belgium) – 263 km.
164. The furthest capital city in a straight line from Paris is Wellington (New Zealand) – 18985 km.
Finance in France
1. The minimum wage is EUR 1 457.52 per month and EUR 9.61 per hour (data from 2015).
2. The amount of income tax in France is 33.33%.
3. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 45%, and for companies – 33% (2018).
4. The tax on goods and services is 20% (2018).
5. The level of inflation in 2018 is 2.3%.
6. Gross domestic product (GDP) …
– in 2015 it is $ 2 935 360 000 000 (12 563 340 800 000 PLN),
– in 2018 it is $ 2,582,000,000,000 (PLN 11,050,960,000,000).
7. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 of year was 95% of GDP, which is about: $ 2,788,592,000,000 (PLN 11,935,173,760,000),
– 2018 was 97% GDP, i.e. around: $ 2,550,540,000,000 (PLN 10,719,431 200,000). To pay it back, each citizen would have to give around $ 37,310 (PLN 159,686).
8. Foreign debt at the beginning of …
– 2015 was around: $ 5 496 000 000 000 ,
– 2018 is around: $ 5,823,697,000,000 .
9. The percentage share in the global economy of France in 2015 is 3.81% (for comparison, Poland’s share is 0.74%, and the United States – 23.32%).
10. This country has 2018 over year $172,000,000,000 (736 160,000,000) foreign exchange reserves (1.16% of foreign exchange reserves of all countries of the world).
11. France has 2435500 kg of gold reserves (2018).
Law in France
1. The permissible blood alcohol content in a person driving a car is 0.5 promille.
2. French law prohibits naming a pig – Napoleon.
3. According to French law, it is illegal to publish pictures of the Eiffel Tower taken at night.
4. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 30 to 50 km / h.
5. Outside the built-up area, the speed limit on the regular road is 90 km / h, and on fast roads from 100 to 130 km / h.
6. During rain or snow, the maximum permitted speed is 10 km / h lower than indicated by signs,
7. Men and women can retire at the age of 65.
8. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 45%, and for companies – 33% (2018).
9. The tax on goods and services is 20% (2018).
10. The President of France is a co-star of Andorra.
11. In this country, posthumous weddings are legal.
12. In French primary school children can not eat dishes seasoned with ketchup.
13. From November 1, 2012, every French driver must have a breathalyzer in the car.
14. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 18.
15. In this country, a person of 13 years of age is subject to criminal liability.
16. In this country, formalities related to the establishment of the company last 8 days.
17. The last death penalty was made in 1977.
18. In this country homosexual marriages are legal from 18 May 2013.
19. In 1386, pigs were hanged for killing a child.
Education in France
1. In this country, compulsory education lasts 11 years.
2. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
3. The average IQ level is 98.
4. In French primary school children can not eat dishes seasoned with ketchup.
5. In French schools there is a 20-point scale of assessment.
6. In this country there is 1% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 671 280 people).
7. In this country there are the world’s most Nobel laureates in the field of literature.
Work in France
1. The minimum wage is EUR 1 457.52 per month and EUR 9.61 per hour (data from 2015).
2. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is € 2,995.
3. The amount of income tax in France is 33.33%.
4. Men and women can retire at the age of 65.
5. The average amount of the pension is EUR 1,200.
6. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 9.1% .
7. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 45%, and for companies – 33% (2018).
8. In this country, formalities related to the establishment of the company last 8 days.
9. The work week is 35 hours.
Best in France
1. The richest of them is Liliane Bettencourt with assets worth over $40.1 billion.
2. In France there are the most roundabouts in the world.
3. The highest building in the country is the Eiffel Tower in Paris with a height of 324 meters. Established in 1889.
4. French Jeanne Calment has been officially recognized as the longest-living man in the world. She lived 122 years and 164 days.
5. The lowest situated place in the country is the River Rhône – 2 m.p.p.
6. The Millau Viaduct over the Tarn River has a pillar up to 341 meters high.
7. The largest airport in France is in Paris. Annually over 63 million people use it.
8. The fastest train in France is TGV, which can travel at speeds up to 320 km / h (maximum speed 574.8 km / h).
9. In Paris there is a metro line with a length of 214 km (303 stations). It was opened in 1900. Annually, about 1.5 billion people use it.
10. The most deadly disease in this country is lung cancer.
11. It is the largest country in the European Union.
12. The navigable system is 8,500 km long and is the second largest in Europe.
13. The longest river is the Loara, 1020 km.
14. The highest peak is Mont Blanc 4808 m above sea level.
15. The highest situated town in the country is Saint-Véran.
16. In France, 400 kinds of cheese are produced.
17. French men have the lowest levels of obesity in the European Union.
18. France has the largest number of ski resorts.
19. France is the most-visited country in the world – 75 million tourists a year.
20. In this country there are the world’s most Nobel laureates in the field of literature.
21. The lowest temperature: -41 °C was measured in Mouthe.
22. The highest temperature: 44.1 °C was measured in Conqueyrac.
23. On the Guadelou Islands on November 26, 1970, it was measured that within a minute of “cloudbursting” 38mm of rain fell.
Army in France
1. On December 12, 1917, on the Culoz – Modane route, there was a derailment of a train in which more than 1,000 French soldiers returned to their home from the Italian front. Over 800 people died.
2. Position in the list of the best armies of the world:
– 2015 year – 6 place,
– 2018 > year – 5 place.
3. There are over 205,000 professional soldiers and 183,600 reservists (2018).
4. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 420 tanks, 7200 > armored vehicles, 1200 jet aircraft and 560 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 406 tanks, 6330 armored vehicles, 1260 jet aircraft and 570 helicopters.
5. Army expenditure:
– 2014 year – $ 43,000,000,000 (PLN 184,040,000,000),
– 2018 year – $ 40,000,000,000 (PLN 171,200,000,000).
6. The naval fleet …
– in 2014 it numbered about 120 ships, in 2018 it counts about < strong style = "color: green;"> 115 ships.
7. France has the third nuclear arsenal after Russia and the US. It has about 300 nuclear warheads.
Society in France
1. 47 Frenchmen gathered more than a billion US dollars.
2. In France, an average person consumes about 12.2 liters of pure alcohol per year.
3. The most wine is drunk – 56%, then spirit – 23%, beer – 19%, and other alcoholic beverages – 2%.
4. The French have the highest percentage of people suffering from depression from developed countries.
5. In 2013, 3,268 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
6. Men and women can retire at the age of 65.
7. The average IQ level is 98.
8. On average, men decide to get married at the age of 29, and women at the age of 27.
9. Over 30% of marriages end in divorce.
10. In this country there is religious freedom for Muslims.
11. In Paris, only 46% of inhabitants are native French.
12. The French eat over 4,000 tons of frogs annually.
13. In this country, women having their first child on average 28.1 years old.
14. On average, a woman gives birth to 2.1 children.
15. In this country, over 55 429 000 (2015) 60 421 689 (2018) people have access to internet (around 94% of the population).
16. About 32,000,000 (2015) 33,000,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
17. The population density is 98 people / km2.
18. The main religion is Catholicism, 68%.
20. 67 French citizens received the Nobel Prize.
21. In France, according to statistics, an average of one person reads 59 minutes a day.
22. The average age of people living in this country is 41.1 years old.
23. In this country there are about:
– 12,038,000 people (18.66%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 40,385,000 people (62.6%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 12 089 800 people (18.74%) over 65 years old.
24. In this country, about 799,000 children (1.2% of the population) are born every year, and about 591 000 people die (0.9% of the population).
25. 312 people in 1000 possess firearms.
26. 76% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
27. 34% of the French speak English.
28. In this country the average adult person smokes 71 cigarettes a month.
29. The average life expectancy in this country is 81.8 years (women – 84.9 years and men – 78.8 years).
Symbols of France
1. The national alcohol is Brandies, Champagne and Pastis.
2. The white color of the flag is the color of the monarchy, the red of the republic and blue is associated with Karol the Great, and other great rulers of France.
3. The national animal is a Gallic rooster.
4. The name “France” comes from the Germanic tribe of the Franks.
5. Motto of the country – “Freedom, Equality, Brotherhood”.
Customs in France
1. Cheers began to speak for the first time in France after a sneeze at a time when plague raged in Europe.
2. The wine is served to most dishes.
3. From France the “April Fools” custom is celebrated around the world on April 1.
4. The white wedding dress is a French tradition from 1499.
Sport in France
1. During the Le Mans 24 Hour car race in 1955, there was a tragic accident in which 83 spectators and the driver were killed.
History of France
1. France after the “Hundred Years War” never signed a truce with England.
2. Left-hand traffic was in force until 1789.
3. During the Le Mans 24 Hour car race in 1955, there was a tragic accident in which 83 spectators and the driver were killed.
4. On December 12, 1917, on the Culoz – Modane route, there was a derailment of a train in which more than 1,000 French soldiers returned to their home from the Italian front. Over 800 people died.
5. During the First World War, the French built a replica of Paris to mislead the Germans and avoid bombing.
6. During World War I and II, France lost a lot of people, a large part of the national wealth and many overseas territories, which lost the status of the empire.
7. The French gave the United States, the Statue of Liberty on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of their independence.
8. From France the “April Fools” custom is celebrated around the world on April 1.
9. The name “France” comes from the Germanic tribe of the Franks.
10. During the Second World War, France defended more Poles than the French.
11. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1944.
12. The country joined the UN on October 24, 1945.
13. In 1386, pigs were hanged for killing a child.
14. The first department store was founded by Aristide Boucicaut in 1838.
15. In 1789, the first universal Declaration of Human Rights was created in France.
16. Guillotine, used for the last time in 1977, has ended the lives of over 15,000 people.
17. On April 16, 1850, in Angers, French soldiers, crossing the bridge, with their regular steps led to its collapse. 226 people were killed.
18. France is one of the 12 countries in the world that on April 4, 1949, after the North Atlantic Treaty was signed, formed a political and military organization called NATO.
Language in France
1. The letter “W” in French appears only in foreign words.
2. The most popular French “language break” is: “Ces saucissons-ci sont six sous”, which means: sausage is cheap as borscht.
3. French is considered the most romantic language in the world.
4. French is the official language of the UN, the International Red Cross, the European Economic Community, NATO and the International Olympic Committee.
What is the highest mountain in France?
The highest peak in France is Mont Blanc (4810 m above sea level).
What is the largest river in France?
The largest river in France is the Loire, 1020 km.
Which France has national colors?
National colors: blue, white and red.
What is national alcohol?
The national alcohol is Brandies, Champagne and Pastis.
What is the national animal?
The national animal is a Gallic rooster.
What is the national sport?
National sport is boules, football and rugby.
Which countries borders France?
France borders on such countries as Andorra 56.6 km, Belgium 620 km, Germany 451 km, Italy 488 km, Luxembourg 73 km, Monaco 4.4 km, Spain 623 km, Switzerland 573 km.
What is the average age of people living in this country?
The average age of people living in this country is 41,1 years.
What is the minimum wage?
The minimum wage is EUR 1 457.52 per month and EUR 9.61 per hour (data from 2015).
What is the population density in France?
The population density is 101 people per km2.
What is the motto of this country?
Motto of the country – “Freedom, Equality, Brotherhood”.
What is the highest temperature recorded in this country?
The highest temperature: 44.1 ° C was measured in Conqueyrac.
What is the lowest temperature recorded in this country?
The lowest temperature: -41 ° C was measured in Mouthe.