Description added soon…
Capital : Roseau
Language : Spanish
Currency : East Caribbean dollar
Population : 71 293
Area : 751 km2
1. Over 25,000 motor vehicles are registered in this country (345 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
2. The national top-level domain is .dm . There are over 1,620 websites with this extension.
3. The most popular pages with the extension .dm are google.dm, gov.dm and dominica.dm.
4. In this country there are more than 1 512 km of paved roads (0.002% of all roads in the world).
5. There are 2 airports in this country, all with paved surface.
6. In this country there are more than 142 km of railway tracks.
7. Dominica is one of the least developed countries of the Lesser Antilles.
8. Full name of the country – Commonwealth of Dominica.
9. The average temperature in January is 26 ° C and in July 28 ° C.
10. Political system – republic.
Geography in Dominica
1. An interesting tourist attraction of the island are mineral springs and mountain lakes heated with underground gases.
2. The country is 415 times smaller than Poland.
3. It is an island country, no land borders.
4. The highest peak is Morne Diablotins – 1447 m above sea level.
5. Roseau is the longest river.
6. There are 260 km2 of agricultural land in Dominice (35% of the country).
7. 455 km2 of the country is covered by forests (60.6%)
8. About 70% of the island is protected rainforest.
9. One of the biggest tourist attractions is the miracle of nature – Morne Trois Haki National Park, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
63. The nearest capital in a straight line from Roseau is Castries (Saint Lucia) – 155 km.
64. The furthest capital city in a straight line from Roseau is Dili (East Timor) – 18951 km.
Finance in Dominica
1. The minimum wage is $4 dollars per hour (data from 2008).
2. Gross domestic product (GDP) …
– in 2015 it is $ 531 000 000 (PLN 2,272,680,000),
– in 2018 it is $ 560,000,000 (PLN 2,396,800,000).
3. The internal debt at the beginning of 2015 was 70% GDP, or around: $371 700 000 .
4. At the beginning of 2015 , foreign debt was around: $ 292 900,000 .
5. The country has over $102 000 000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.00087% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
Law in Dominica
1. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
2. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.8 per mille.
3. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 16.
4. In this country, the formalities related to the establishment of the company last 19 days.
5. The last death penalty was made in 1986.
Education in Dominica
1. In this country, compulsory education lasts 12 years.
2. The beginning of education begins at the age of 5.
3. In this country there are 6% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 4,278 people).
Work in Dominica
1. The minimum wage is $4 dollars per hour (data from 2008).
2. The unemployment rate is 23% (data from 2000).
3. In this country, the formalities related to the establishment of the company last 19 days.
4. The work week is 40 hours.
Best in Dominica
1. The most deadly disease in this country is respiratory tract infection.
2. The highest peak is Morne Diablotins – 1447 m above sea level.
3. Roseau is the longest river.
4. The lowest temperature: 13.9 °C was measured at Brantridge.
5. The highest temperature: 35.5 °C was measured at Canefield.
Society in Dominica
1. In Dominica, an average adult consumes about 7.1 liters of pure alcohol a year.
2. The most drinks are spirit – 78%, then beer – 14%, wine – 7%, and other alcoholic beverages – 1%.
3. In 2013, 11 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
4. 25% of adults living in this country are overweight.
5. A woman gives birth to 2 children on average.
6. In this country over 46 000 (2015) 48 249 (2018) people have access to the internet ( about 68% of the population).
7. Around 35,000 (2015) 39,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
8. The population density is 95 people / km2.
9. The main religion is the Catholic Church, 61.4%.
10. The average age of people living in this country is 32.6 years.
11. The country is around:
– 16,000 people (21.96%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 48,000 individuals (67.35%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 7,600 people (10.69%) over 65 years old.
12. In this country, about 1,100 children are born each year (1.5% of the population), and about 560 people die (0.8% of the population).
13. 72% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
14. The country has the most peaceful society in the western hemisphere.
15. Most of Dominica’s residents live in the capital.
16. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 28 cigarettes a month.
17. The average life expectancy in this country is 75.6 years (women – 78.6 years and men – 72.6 years).
Symbols of Dominica
1. The national tree is West Indian Mahogany.
2. The national animal is imperial Amazon bird.
3. There is a huge frog in Herba of this country.
4. The motto of the country – “God, Earth.”
5. The national bird of Dominica is the Sisserou parrot.
6. Dominik’s name comes from the Latin word for the Lord’s Day (Sunday). That day the island was noticed by Christopher Columbus.
History of Dominica
1. Independence from Great Britain was obtained on November 3, 1978.
2. He joined the United Nations on December 18, 1978.
3. Dominica was the last Caribbean island that was colonized by Europeans.
What is the highest peak in Dominica?
The highest peak in the Dominica is Morne Diablotins (1447 m above sea level).
What is the largest river in Dominica?
Roseau is the largest river on Dominica.
Which Dominica has national colors?
National colors: green, yellow, black, white and red.
What is the national animal?
The national animal is imperial Amazon bird.
What countries borders Dominica?
It is an island country, no terrestrial borders.
What is the average age of people living in this country?
The average age of people living in this country is 32.6 years.
What is the minimum wage?
The minimum wage is $ 4 dollars per hour (data from 2008).
What is the density of population in Dominica?
The population density is 95 people per km2.
What is the motto of this country?
The motto of the country – “God, Earth.”
What is the highest temperature recorded in this country?
The highest temperature: 35.5 ° C was measured at Canefield.
What is the lowest temperature recorded in this country?
The lowest temperature: 13.9 ° C was measured at Brantridge.