11. About 70% of the island is protected rainforest.
12. One of the biggest tourist attractions is the miracle of nature – Morne Trois Haki National Park, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
13. The country has the most peaceful society in the western hemisphere.
14. Most of Dominica’s residents live in the capital.
15. The national bird of Dominica is the Sisserou parrot.
16. Dominica was the last Caribbean island that was colonized by Europeans.
17. Dominik’s name comes from the Latin word for the Lord’s Day (Sunday). That day the island was noticed by Christopher Columbus.
18. Dominica is one of the least developed countries of the Lesser Antilles.
19. An interesting tourist attraction of the island are mineral springs and mountain lakes heated with underground gases.
20. There is a huge frog in Herba of this country.
21. The minimum wage is $4 dollars per hour (data from 2008).
22. The unemployment rate is 23% (data from 2000).
23. In Dominica, an average adult consumes about 7.1 liters of pure alcohol a year.
24. The most drinks are spirit – 78%, then beer – 14%, wine – 7%, and other alcoholic beverages – 1%.
25. In this country, compulsory education lasts 12 years.
26. The beginning of education begins at the age of 5.
27. The national animal is imperial Amazon bird.
28. The national tree is West Indian Mahogany.
29. In this country, over 25,000 motor vehicles are registered (345 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
30. In 2013, 11 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
31. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
32. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.8 per mille.
33. In this country there are more than 1,512 km of paved roads (0.002% of all roads in the world).
34. In this country there are 2 airports, all with paved surface.
35. In this country there are over 142 km of railway tracks.
36. In this country over
46 000 (2015) 48 249 (2018) people have access to the internet ( about 68% of the population).
35,000 (2015) 39,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
38. The national top-level domain is .dm . There are over 1,620 websites with such an extension.
39. The most popular pages with the extension .dm are: google.dm, gov.dm and dominica.dm.
40. The country has over $102 000 000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.00087% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
41. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $511,000,000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $560,000,000 .
42. The internal debt at the beginning of 2015 was 70% GDP, or around: $371 700 000 .
43. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2015 of the year was around: $292,900,000 .
44. 25% of adults living in this country are overweight.
45. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 28 cigarettes a month.
46. In this country there are 6% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 4,278 people).
47. The lowest temperature: 13.9 °C was measured at Brantridge.
48. The highest temperature: 35.5 °C was measured at Canefield.
49. The most deadly disease in this country is respiratory tract infection.
50. The average life expectancy in this country is 75.6 years (women – 78.6 years and men – 72.6 years).
51. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 16.
52. A woman gives birth to 2 children on average
53. The average age of people living in this country is 32.6 years.
54. The country is around:
– 16,000 people (21.96%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 48,000 individuals (67.35%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 7,600 people (10.69%) over 65 years old.
55. In this country, about 1,100 children are born each year (1.5% of the population), and about 560 people die (0.8% of the population).
56. There are 260 km2 of agricultural land in Dominice (35% of the country).
57. In this country, the formalities related to the establishment of the company last 19 days.
58. He joined the United Nations on December 18, 1978.
59. The work week is 40 hours.
60. 72% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
61. 455 km2 of the country is covered by forests (60.6%)
62. The last death penalty was made in 1986.