11. Christmas became an official holiday only in 1997, in preparation for the visit of Pope John Paul II.
12. Fossils of the prehistoric Manjuari fish were found in Kuba.
13. Kuba is often called El Caiman or El Crocodrilo, which means Aligator in Spanish. This is how the country looks from a bird’s eye view.
14. There are many doctors in Cuba and one of the world’s best healthcare systems. Many medics are used in nearby countries in need of help.
15. There are a lot of American cars from the 1950s in this country. All newer models are government owned.
16. Cuba lives Bee Hummingbird, the smallest bird in the world. An adult is about 2 cm long.
17. Fidel Castro held power from 1959 to 2008, becoming the longest-serving political leaders in the world.
18. He survived over 600 attacks during this time.
19. Citizens of America can travel to Cuba, but they can not pay there by dollars.
20. National sport is baseball.
21. When Christopher Columbus arrived in Cuba he thought that he was in India.
22. To leave the country you have to pay an “outlet” tax of $25.
23. Cuban scientists have developed a vaccine for hepatitis B and meningitis B.
24. On average, there is one child per family.
25. In this country, there is practically no crime.
26. Cubans have the right to own only two houses.
27. The beloved game is dominoes.
28. Cuba and North Korea are the only countries in the world where Coca-Cola is banned.
29. It is a mistake to think that cigars are rolled under armpits or thighs, sweaty women. Specialists called Torcedore deal with this. The training lasts 5 years. The efficient “retractors” make over 100 cigars a day.
30. You can be sent to prison for up to 25 years for killing a government cow. For comparison, the penalty for killing a man is a maximum of 20 years.
31. Citizens of Cuba, for the mere suspicion of prostitution, can go to prison for five years.
32. Away from larger cities there are stops for hitchhikers. Every driver is obliged to take the person waiting there.
33. In Cuba you can see well-known Fiat 126p (kids) and Fiat 125 (big Fiats).
34. The minimum wage is 225 pesos per month (data from 2005).
Author: Daria / poprawka Anna
35. The amount of income tax in Cuba is 30%.
36. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 2.5% .
37. In Cuba, an adult person consumes about 5.2 liters of pure alcohol a year on average.
38. The national alcohol is a mojito.
39. The most drinks are spirit – 59%, then beer – 39%, wine – 2%.
40. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
41. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
42. The average IQ level is 85.
43. The national animal is a red-billed pheasant bird.
44. The change from daylight saving time to winter time (turning clockwise by one hour) is on the first Sunday of November.
45. The real palm is the national tree.
46. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 40 to 60 km / h.
47. In addition to built-up areas, the permitted speed on the regular road is 60 km / h, and on highways 100 km / h.
48. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.1 promile.
49. In 2013, 891 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
50. 3.9% of fatal accidents caused people who were under the influence of alcohol.
51. In this country, over 628,000 motor vehicles are registered (56 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
52. 4% of society suffers from malnutrition (approximately 450,000 people).
53. In Cuba, adulthood is reached at the age of 16.
54. In this country there are over 52,202 km of paved roads, including over 654 km of expressways (0.8% of all roads in the world).
55. In this country there are 133 airports, 64 of the paved surface.
56. In this country there are more than 8,203 km of railway tracks.
57. In this country, over
3,309,000 (2015) 3 696 765 (2018) people have access to internet (about 33% of the population).
58. The country’s top-level domain is .cu . There are over 1,620 websites with such an extension.
59. The most popular pages with the extension .cu are: google.com.cu, google.com.cu and cubadebate.cu.
60. The country has over $10,400,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.088% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
61. The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is $77,150,000,000 in 2015.
62. The internal debt at the beginning of 2015 was 17.1% GDP, i.e. around: $13,192,650,000 .
63. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2015 year was around: $25 210 000 000 .
64. 22% of adults living in this country are overweight.
65. In this country the average adult person smokes 105 cigarettes a month.
66. In this country you can vote from the age of 16.
67. In this country there are 0.3% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 33,715 people).
68. The lowest temperature: 0.6 °C was measured in Bainoa.
69. The highest temperature: 38.8 °C was measured in Jucarito.
70. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
71. The average life expectancy in this country is 78.5 years (women – 80.5 years and men – 76.6 years).
72. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 18.
73. 10 women give birth to 15 children on average
74. The average age of people living in this country is 40.4 years.
75. In this country there are around:
– 1 794 000 people (15.96%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 7 989 000 people (71.09%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 1 455 400 people (12.95%) over 65 years old.
76. In this country, about 111,000 children are born each year (1.0% of the population), and about 86,800 people die (0.8% of the population).
77. The name “Colgate” in Spanish means “I’m going to hang myself”.
78. There are 65700 km2 of agricultural land in Cuba (60% of the country).
79. 48 people in 1000 possess firearms.
80. In this country, you can buy cigarettes from 16 years of age.
81. The highest located city in the country is Yateras.
82. In this country, women have the right to vote from 1934.
83. The country joined the UN on October 24, 1945.
84. The work week is 44 hours.
85. 76% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
86. 28242 km2 of the country is covered by forests (25.7%)
87. The last death penalty was carried out in 2003.
88. Kuba ranks 72nd in the best world armies.
89. Number of soldiers:
– 2014 year – professional and reservists ,
– 2018 year – 69 500 professional and 1 186 500 reservists.
90. Number of equipment:
– 2018 year – 50 tanks, 1830 armored vehicles, 80 jet aircraft and 14 helicopters.
91. The army in 2018 was allocated over 700,000,000 dollars.
92. The naval fleet consists of more than 12 ships (2018).
93. In this country, the amount of income tax for individuals is 50%, and for companies 30% (2018).
94. The tax on goods and services is 20% (2018).
95. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 740 ₱ (105 zlotys).
Author: Daria / poprawka Anna