1. The cow is also called nursing female whale.
2. In India, cows are considered sacred. The cow is also a sacred animal of the Egyptian goddess Isis.
3. During the day, the cow needs 7 hours of sleep.
4. The cow can recognize over 100 other cows.
5. There are not two equally-colored cows.
6. The cow has sweat glands in the nose.
7. Cows are one of the few herbivorous species that become cannibals during starvation.
8. Cows spend about 8 hours a day eating each day.
9. The cows are grazing along the north-south line.
10. On February 18, 1930, a cow called Nellie Jay was the first to fly by plane.
11. There is a mental illness called Boanthropy, in which a sick person thinks he is a cow and behaves like her.
12. Hardly anyone would think that one of the animals that kills the most people in Australia is a cow.
13. Balloons of airships used during World War I were made of cow’s stomachs. To produce one, they needed as much as 250,000.
14. During a day, a cow can produce up to 150 liters of saliva.
15. American football balls are made of cow’s skin. The annual demand for them is about 3000 cows.
16. In India, cow urine is sold as a medicine.
17. For a cow to give 1 liter of milk, he must drink over 5 liters of water.
18. On July 14, 1985, a cow was sold for a record $ 1.3 million.
19. In the German town of Rasdorf in 2014, 90 cows suffering from flatulence led to such a high concentration of methane in the barn that an electrostatic discharge caused an explosion.
20. Gases that a cow would release during the day would be enough to fill a 400-liter bottle.
21. In the vicinity of the Białowieża Forest in November 2017 an interesting situation took place. The cow escaped from the farm and joined the 50-person bison herd.
22. In 2003, on the border between Spain and France, the world record of a multiple pregnancy in a cow fell. The pięcioraczki were playing.
23. In Poland, the arrival of cow twins was recorded, among others five quackers in 2001, quintuplets in the village of Wojny Izdebnik, quadruplets in 2010 in Bzury and in 2011 in Górzno, where, in addition, they were identical monkeys.
24. It is better not to approach a cow with a dog, a cow may attack him.
25. The cow should be approached so that she can see us. A surprised cow can attack.
26. Seeing an aggressive cow you can not run away or turn your back on her. It’s best to retreat, all the time being directed towards her. We avoid looking her straight in the eyes.
27. An aggressive cow can effectively stop a blow, eg with a stick in the nose.
28. Over 90% of people (not related to agriculture) who killed cows were with dogs.
29. The cows are irritated by bright colors.