1. The scientific name is Citrullus.
2. Watermelon is a plant of the cucurbits family.
3. The most popular species is watermelon.
4. Sometimes characteristic circles may appear on the watermelon. They are created by a watermelon mosaic virus.
5. Watermelon should really be counted among vegetables.
6. In the US state of Oklahoma, a watermelon was selected as a state vegetable.
7. Watermelons growing in natural conditions have much less pulp than those cultivated artificially.
8. In Japan, watermelons in the shape of a heart are grown.
9. Watermelon from the botanical point of view is a berry.
10. On the American farm of Lloyd Bright, the heaviest watermelon in the world was bred. It weighed 122 kg.
11. Ahmed Tafzi went to the Guinness Book of Records breaking up 45 watermelons on his head in a minute.
12. When a watermelon is ground up, it seems more sweet.