1. The scientific name is Serinus canaria.
2. Canaries are birds belonging to the family of psoriasis.
3. You can meet them in the Canary Islands, Madeira and the Azores.
4. The name of this bird comes from the name of the Canary Islands, and not the other way round, how many people think.
5. Canaries found their way to Europe in 1409.
6. Canaries are divided into singing, colorful and shapely.
7. Wild canaries are not as beautifully yellow as those of breeding.
8. Canaries are similar to sparrows.
9. Canaries are the symbol of the Canary Islands.
10. The span of their wings reaches up to 24 cm.
11. In the wild it is estimated that about 150,000 canaries can live.
12. Canaries swallow food through the power of gravity. In a vacuum, there would be no chance of survival.
13. Canaries were used in mines for early warning of miners against toxic gases.
How can a canary live?
Canary in captivity can live up to 10 years.
How many canaries weigh?
Depending on the species, canaries weigh from 8.4 g to 24 g (average 15 g).
What size is a canary?
An adult canary can have up to 13 cm of body length.
How to distinguish a male from a female?
The female has more dull plumage, more gray front of the head, and on the back, black stripes.
What canaries eat?
canaries feed mainly on seeds and small insects.
Answer: Marta / Agata