11. This country is the cradle of voodoo, which is a national religion. She was deported by slaves and in later years distorted by Hollywood in film productions.
12. People in Benin wear winter coats and jackets in July and August, when the temperature drops to + 20 degrees Celsius.
13. Voodooists believe that the Earth is ruled by five divine elements and their ceremonies have nothing to do with the image that has been distorted in Europe and America.
14. In Benin people believe that photography steals a piece of the soul. Very often, when they see the camera or the camera cover their heads or turn and go.
15. Cotton is at a premium. It accounts for 80% of exports in this country.
16. In Ouidah was the main port for sending slaves to Brazil and the Caribbean.
17. According to beliefs, albinos have magical power. Eating a piece of their body is said to have miraculous properties.
18. In Benin, white people are called “yovo.” Most natives are afraid of them.
19. Clothes resembling military or police can not be used by civilians. You can have problems even after putting on a regular camo shirt.
20. The minimum wage is CFA 40,000 francs per month (data from 2014).
21. The amount of income tax in Benin is 35%.
22. In Benin, an average person consumes about 2.1 liters of pure alcohol per year.
23. The most beer is beer – 55%, then wine – 22%, spirit – 7%, and other alcoholic beverages – 16%.
24. In this country, compulsory education lasts 6 years.
25. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
26. The average IQ level is 70.
27. In this country there are 61.6% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 6 354 190 people).
28. The national animal is a leopard.
29. The built-up speed limit is 50 km / h.
30. Outside the built-up area, the permitted speed is 90 km / h.
31. The permissible blood alcohol content in a person driving a car is 0.5 promille.
32. In 2013, 708 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
33. The country has over 35,000 motor vehicles registered (3 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
34. 19% of the population suffer from malnourishment (around 1,960,000 people).
35. 75.6% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
36. In this country there are over 16,000 km of paved roads (0.02% of all roads in the world).
37. In this country there are 6 airports, 1 with paved surface.
38. In this country there are over 438 km of railway tracks.
39. In this country over
1 232 000 (2015) 3 801 758 (2018) people have access to internet (about 36% of the population).
570,000 (2015) 920,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
41. The national top-level domain is .bj . There are over 640 websites with such an extension.
42. The most popular pages with the extension .bj are: google.bj, gouv.bj and officedubacbenin.bj.
43. The country has over $726 million 000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.0062% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
44. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $10,129,000,000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $9,270,000,000 .
45. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 year was 18.3% GDP, or around: $1,853,607,000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 23.2% GDP, or around: $2,150,640,000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $208.
46. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2015 year was around: $263 500 000 .
47. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 6 cigarettes a month.
48. The lowest temperature: 8.5 °C was measured in Kandi.
49. The highest temperature: 44.5 °C was measured in Kandi.
50. The most deadly disease in this country is respiratory tract infection.
51. The average life expectancy in this country is 54.6 years (women – 56.5 years and men – 52.7 years).
52. In this country, women can get married at the age of 15, and men aged 18.
53. In this country, women having their first child on average 20.3 years old.
54. A woman gives birth to 5 children on average.
55. The average age people living in this country is 17.9 years old.
56. The country is around:
– 4 626 000 people (43.42%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 5 727 000 people (53.76%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 300 400 people (2.82%) over 65 years old.
57. In this country, about 384,000 children are born each year (3.6% of the population), and about 87,500 people die (0.8% of the population).
58. The walls of Benin were the largest structure created by man. These were the ramparts and moats used to defend the now-defunct Benin kingdom. Its length was over 16,000 km (4 times longer than the Chinese wall).
59. The walls of Benin began to be built around 800 years and completed in 1460. They were destroyed by the British in 1879.
60. It is estimated that the construction of the Wall of Benin took 150 million hours.
61. On the old flag of the Kingdom of Benin there is a naked man cutting off the head with the other man.
62. There are 34300 km2 of agricultural land in Benin (30% of the country).
63. 14 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
64. The highest situated city in the country is Aledjo-Koura.
65. In this country, the formalities related to the establishment of the company last 31 days.
66. The country joined the UN on September 20, 1960.
67. The work week is 40 hours.
68. 45% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
69. 22214 km2 of the country is covered with forests (19.4%)
70. The last death penalty was carried out in 1987.
71. The unemployment rate is 2.5% (data from 2018).
72. In this country, the amount of income tax for individuals is 35%, and for companies 35% (2018).
73. The tax on goods and services is 18% (2018).
74. The level of inflation in 2018 is 0.3%.