11. There are 31 banks in Belarus, of which 30 belong to the government, and only one is private.
12. Dinner is the most important meal of the day.
13. There is a manor house in Belarus in the town of Mereczowszczyna, which was the seat of Tadeusz Kosciuszko’s family.
14. According to statistical data, currently around 650 Belarussians have exceeded the age of one hundred years. The name of the oldest inhabitant of Belarus belongs to Anna Ragiel. This woman was born on June 4, 1889.
15. Potato is the most popular vegetable of Belarusian tables, specialists can prepare about 2,000 dishes with the participation of potato. Belarus is one of the largest producers of this vegetable. His monument is located in Minsk.
16. Belarus is in the 2nd place in the ranking of countries with the largest divorce rate.
17. The name Belarus means “White Russia”. It comes from the fact that the local Slavs wore white clothes.
18. The stork is widely considered a symbol of Belarus. It is minted on coins and captured on government documents.
19. About 40% of the area of Belarus is occupied by forests.
20. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 51 place,
– 2018 year – 40 place.
21. Number of soldiers:
– 2014 year – 62,000 professional and 290,000 Reservists, < br> – 2018 year – 56 500 professional and 344,700 reservists.
22. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 1750 tanks, 2300 armored vehicles, 180 jet aircraft and 55 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 515 tanks, 2320 armored vehicles, 201 jet aircraft and 68 helicopters.
23. Expenses for the army:
– 2014 year – $720,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $725,000,000 .
24. In large cities, road police officers are practically at every major intersection.
25. The Polish minority lives in the western and northern parts of the country.
26. Many Belarusians can communicate with broken Polish.
27. In this country there is a ban on paying foreign currencies. The exception are large retail chains and gas stations.
28. There are additional fees for the possibility of faster settlement of bureaucratic matters.
29. In the south of the country, agricultural food can be contaminated with radioactive radiation.
30. In the city of Lelczyce, eggs can only be obtained in the pharmacy with a special prescription. This is caused by a small number of chickens. Eggs are first given to families with small children.
31. In Belarus, schools have a 10-grade scale of grades.
32. It is the only European country with the death penalty.
33. In the BelAZ factory, the largest truck in the world capable of carrying 450 tons of cargo was produced.
34. The minimum wage is 2,100,100 Belarusian rubles per month (data from 2015).
35. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 955.
36. The amount of income tax in Belarus is 18%.
37. Retired women can go at the age of 55, and men at the age of 60.
38. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 0.5% .
39. In Belarus, an average person consumes about 17.5 liters of pure alcohol per year.
40. The national alcohol is krambambula.
41. The most drinks are spirit – 47%, then beer – 17%, wine – 5%, and other alcoholic beverages – 31%.
42. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
43. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
44. The average IQ level is 97.
45. In this country there are 0.3% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 28 483 people).
46. A national animal is a bison.
47. Built-up speed allowed 60 km / h.
48. Outside the built-up area, the permitted speed is 90 km / h.
49. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.3 per mille.
50. In 2014, 947 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
51. 13.9% of fatal accidents caused people who were under the influence of alcohol.
52. The country has over 3,900,000 motor vehicles registered (411 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
53. In this country there are over 94 797 km of paved roads, including over 505 km of expressways (0.15% of all roads in the world).
54. In this country there are 65 airports, 33 of the paved surface.
55. In this country there are over 5,537 km of railway tracks.
56. There is a metro line 37.3 km in length in Minsk (29 stations). It was opened in 1984. Annually, about 318 million people use it.
57. In this country, over
5 595 000 (2015) 6 725 018 (2018) people have access to internet (approximately 71% of the population).
710,000 (2015) 3,850,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
59. The national top-level domain is .by . There are over 113,600 websites with such an extension.
60. The most popular pages with the extension .by are: google.by, yandex.by and onliner.by.
61. This country has 2018 over year $7,030,000,000 (30,088,400,000 zlotys) in foreign exchange reserves (0.039% of foreign currency reserves in all countries of the world).
62. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $81 627 000 000 ,
– 2018 is $54 440,000,000 .
63. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 year was 21.1% GDP, or around: $17 223 297 000 ,
– 2018 year was 30.3% GDP, or around: $16,495 320,000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $1,737.
64. Foreign debt at the beginning …
– 2015 the year was around: $4,497,000,000 ,
– 2018 of the year is around: $39,742,000,000 .
65. 24% of adults living in this country are overweight.
66. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 189 cigarettes a month.
67. In Minsk there are over 1 120 buildings with a height exceeding 35 meters.
68. The highest building in the country is Grodno TV Tower in Grodno, 254 meters high. Established in 1984.
69. The lowest temperature: -42.2 °C was measured in Slavnom.
70. The highest temperature: 38.9 °C was measured in the Translation.
71. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
72. The average life expectancy in this country is 69.4 years (women – 75.5 years and men – 63.6 years).
73. 5 citizens of Belarus received the Nobel Prize.
74. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 18.
75. In this country, women having their first child on average 25.1 years old.
76. 10 women give birth to 15 children on average.
77. The average age of people living in this country is 39.6 years.
78. The country is around:
– 1,473,000 persons (15.51%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 6 654 000 people (70.05%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 1 371 600 people (14.44%) over 65 years old.
79. In this country, about 102 000 children are born each year (1.1% of the population), and about 127,000 people die (1.3% of the population).
80. The lowest situated place in the country is the Nemunas River – 90 m above sea level.
81. During World War II, one citizen of Belarus perished every half minute.
82. There is no change in winter time for summer in Belarus.
83. Belarus is the only country in Europe where the death penalty is carried out. The convict receives a shot in the back of the head from a damped PB-9 pistol.
84. From the beginning of 2015, being an unemployed person is considered a crime.
85. In Belarus, clapping is illegal.
86. President of Belarus Aleksandr Lukashenka, in the 1980s, before becoming a politician he worked in a collective farm.
87. On government documents and coins there is the symbol of Belarus – a stork.
88. 13% of Belarus is covered by swamps.
89. Belarus is the second country in the world where the highest number of divorces occurs (4.6 divorces per 1000).
90. The failure of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant was the greatest technological disaster of the 20th century.
91. After the outbreak of the Chernobyl power plant, 485 villages were uninhabitable. 70 were completely destroyed.
92. Over 2 million people (20% of the Belarusian population) live in contaminated areas.
93. There are as many as 6,000 cancer patients per 100,000 people (74 times more than before the Chernobyl explosion).
94. In the most contaminated area, 20% more people die than are born.
95. During the Second World War, the Germans destroyed 619 villages, murdering their inhabitants.
96. In World War II, 25% of Belarusians died.
97. There are 88750 km2 of agricultural land in Belarus (44% of the country).
98. 73 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
99. The highest situated city in the country is Lahojsk.
100. In this country, the formalities related to the establishment of the company last 69 days.
101. The country joined the UN on October 24, 1945.
102. The work week is 40 hours.
103. 71% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
104. 79124 km2 of the country is covered by forests (39%)
105. In 2016, death penalty was imposed on over 4 people.
106. In this country, the amount of income tax for individuals is 17%, and for companies 18% (2018).
107. The tax on goods and services is 20% (2018).
108. The level of inflation in 2018 is 4.1%.
109. Belarus has 46500 kg of gold reserves (2018).