11. There are 700 islands in the Bahamas, only 26 are inhabited. There are also 2000 sandbanks.
12. The Bahamas have the youngest population of the world. Almost 50% of the population did not exceed 30 years of age, and the next 15% – 40 years of age.
13. Bahamas is one of the richest countries in America (after the United States and Canada).
14. In the eighteenth-nineteenth century, the Bahamas was a haven of pirates from the Caribbean. They were inhabited by the famous Blackbeard.
15. James Bond’s fourth film – “Thunderball” was partially filmed in the capital of this country in 1965.
16. In Freeport in 1977 it was raining with snow.
17. Some people practice the folk magic called obeah. It is illegal and severely punished.
18. The Bahamas love everything that is related to ocean waters.
19. There are many underwater caves that were created at a time when the water level was much lower. In some, according to legends, pirate treasures can still be found.
20. There are as many as 315 sunny days a year.
21. Water near the shore almost never drops below 22 degrees Celsius, in summer it is over 31 degrees.
22. The Bahamas are on the edge of the Bermuda Triangle.
23. There is a left-hand traffic there, although most cars have steering wheels on the left.
24. There is no river in this country.
25. The Bahamas have the purest water in the world. In some places the bottom can be seen at a depth of over 60 meters.
26. There are 120 species of plants found only in this country.
27. Only 3% of women and 19% of men smoke cigarettes.
28. The Bahamian cuisine is based on fish and crustaceans.
29. Most of the inhabitants come from Africa.
30. December 26 is celebrated “Gift Day”.
31. Even because of the trivial matter in custody, you can spend many days because the court works very slowly.
32. The minimum square is $4 Bahamas per hour, $30 Bahamas per day, and $210 Bahamas per week (data from 2002).
33. There is no income tax in the Bahamas.
34. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 10.1% .
35. In the Bahamas, an average person consumes about 6.9 liters of pure alcohol per year.
36. The most drinks are spirit – 50%, then beer – 34%, wine – 15%, and other alcoholic beverages – 1%.
37. In this country, compulsory education lasts 12 years.
38. The beginning of education begins at the age of 5.
39. The average IQ level is 84.
40. In this country there are 4.4% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 16 209 people).
41. The national animal is a crimson flamingo.
42. The change from daylight saving time to winter time (turning clockwise by one hour) is on the first Sunday of November.
43. The built-up speed limit is 32 km / h (20 miles / h).
44. Outside the built-up area, the permitted speed is 72 km / h (45 mph).
45. The permissible blood alcohol content of a person driving a car is 0.8 per mille.
46. In 2013, 50 people lost their lives as a result of road accidents.
47. In this country there is left-hand traffic.
48. In this country, more than 144,000 motor vehicles are registered (392 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants).
49. In this country there are over 2,717 km of paved roads (0.004% of all roads in the world).
50. In this country there are 61 airports, 24 of the paved surface.
51. In this country over
293,000 (2015) 333 143 (2018) people have access to the internet ( around 85% of the population).
190,000 (2015) 210,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
53. The national top-level domain is .bs . There are over 2,530 websites with such an extension.
54. The most popular pages with the extension .bs are: google.bs, ala.bs and we.bs.
55. The country has over $874,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.0074% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
56. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $9 308 000 000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $12 160,000,000 .
57. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 year was 73.4% GDP, or around: $6 832 072 000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 67.8% GDP, or around: $8 244 480,000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $22,380.
58. The foreign debt at the beginning of 2014 of the year was around: $17,560,000,000 .
59. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 24 cigarettes a month.
60. The lowest temperature: 3 °C was measured in Freeport.
61. The highest temperature: 36.5 °C was measured in Nassau.
62. The average life expectancy in this country is 74.8 years (women – 77.8 years and men – 71.6 years).
63. In this country, men and women can get married at the age of 18.
64. A woman gives birth to 2 children on average.
65. The average age people living in this country is 31.5 years old.
66. The country is around:
– 90,000 people (22.98%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 274,000 people (69.81%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 28 300 people (7.21%) over 65 years old.
67. In this country, about 6 100 children are born each year (1.6% of the population), and about 2,800 people die (0.7% of the population).
68. According to the World Freedom Index, the Bahamas has the greatest personal and economic freedom.
69. There are 150 km2 of agricultural land in the Bahamas (1% of the country).
70. 53 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
71. Freeport is the highest located city in the country.
72. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1960.
73. He joined the United Nations on September 18, 1973.
74. The work week is 40 hours.
75. 89% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
76. 5150 sq km of land is covered by forests (51.4%)
77. The last death penalty was made in 2000.
78. In this country, the amount of income tax for natural persons is 0%, and for companies 0% (2018).
79. The tax on goods and services is 12% (2018).
80. The level of inflation in 2018 is 1.8%.